Star Wars Marathon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In which order do you prefer viewing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't imagine why anyone would watch it IV,V,VI,I,II, and III. :dunno

I knew a guy who wanted to watch it in this order:

IV, I, II, V, III, and VI. Which I think would be interesting.

:eek:

Chronological order! The way they are meant to seen. I LOVE the saga as whole. When you watch them in order, EVERYTHING falls into place. Their are no unanswered questions, everything fits into a nice neat six part film saga. The GREATEST film saga! To me anyways.:chew

Definitely chronological order. I know a lot of people didn't like them, but I really enjoyed the prequel trilogy.

Chronological order! The way they are meant to seen. I LOVE the saga as whole. When you watch them in order, EVERYTHING falls into place. Their are no unanswered questions, everything fits into a nice neat six part film saga. The GREATEST film saga! To me anyways.:chew

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol and I like the prequels.

I built C3PO!
:vader

It depends on if its a first viewing or repeat viewings. For first viewings Id do OT first, PT second because you need that impact of "I am your father" (but if anyone doesnt know that by now they obviously don't like pop culture. If it's for a repeat viewing though go chrono.

In the UK, one of our tv stations has been showing a Star Ears movie every Sunday afternoon on the build up to xmas. They started with the OT first and they just showed Phantom Menace the other day... I guess they are going in chronological order of release dates instead of story. Silly really imo :confused:

In the UK, one of our tv stations has been showing a Star Ears movie every Sunday afternoon on the build up to xmas. They started with the OT first and they just showed Phantom Menace the other day... I guess they are going in chronological order of release dates instead of story. Silly really imo :confused:

have you noticed that in the trailers there's been no bits from Ep III?
I figured that they were leading up to the first showing on normal telly, not so sure now though...

Cheers,
Doug

FYI

Its not called Star Wars Marathon its been renamed to The Star Wars Snicker !#

FYI

I believe you have to live in the UK, be in your 20's and above and eat choclate to understand what I just said

It depends on if its a first viewing or repeat viewings. For first viewings Id do OT first, PT second because you need that impact of "I am your father" (but if anyone doesnt know that by now they obviously don't like pop culture. If it's for a repeat viewing though go chrono.

I actually agree with this. If you're a first time Star Wars watcher then I think it should be viewed in the order they were originally released. When my son is old enough to understand, appreciate and absorb the films, this is how I will introduce it to him.

It's sort of like the Chronicles of Narnia. Even though The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe was the first book published in the series, The Magician's Nephew is actually the first book chronologically. But when read in chronological order as opposed to reading them in the order they were published, it sort of takes away from the surprise and impact of the books for the first time reader. However, if you've read all the books, then it makes sense to go back and read them in chronological order again.

I hope that didn't confuse anyone.

Last edited:
I would watch them chronologically even though I hate the prequels. I still like the characters of the prequels enough to grudgingly tolerate the poor story telling.

Back