Is there a Darth vader bust coming soon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth vader bust coming soon!!!

Based on the title of this thread and the fact its a question not an announcement as one is led to believe.....

Flame-Flame_on.jpg

I will watch this thread with great interest.

Sorry. I didn't intend for the title to be misleading. I just really want a Vader bust. 1:1 scale.

well that was a waste, I agree change the title.

Yes, misleading title. But IF a Vader 1:1 bust is coming, I sure hope someone will part with their MR RotS Vader helmet for a good price. I wanted one of these helmets for ever. But I'd never put down the stack of money MR wanted for it.

I think SS can not do helmet character busts.

You are right when SSC debuted Maul 1:1 they said that the helmeted characters would technically step over the license at that time held by Master Replicas and now is held by eFX. They also said they wouldn't do any human characters like Luke, Han, Leia, etc and would only do aliens but I don't remember the reasonings why....

You are right when SSC debuted Maul 1:1 they said that the helmeted characters would technically step over the license at that time held by Master Replicas and now is held by eFX. They also said they wouldn't do any human characters like Luke, Han, Leia, etc and would only do aliens but I don't remember the reasonings why....

Possibly the actors rights to likenesses?

Could be, but it could just as easily be because it's MUCH easier to capture an alien character's likeness. Making the perfect Greedo isn't that hard, but if one detail is even a little off on a human character it will look totally wrong.

The only way a Vader bust could be done is if it looked like this:

toybox_071106_7.jpg

Obviosuly minus the arms and lightsaber...

The only way a Vader bust could be done is if it looked like this:

toybox_071106_7.jpg

Obviosuly minus the arms and lightsaber...
I don't want to disagree on the concept, but, I guess everyone has his opinions on OT and PT... if a Vader bust without the helmet should appear one day, I'd like it to look like Sebastian Shaw*, regardless how much cooler a burned up Hayden Christensen would look.

*oh, and, let's KEEP the eyebrows George! :D

I don't want to disagree on the concept, but, I guess everyone has his opinions on OT and PT... a Vader bust without the helmet should look like Sebastian Shaw*, regardless how much cooler a burned up Hayden Christensen would look.

:lecture :lecture :lecture - Quoted for truth. Shortened for accuracy.

i say split the difference... i would love to see Vader in his prime through the eyes of one of SST master sculptors... not a Hayden or Shaw likeness, but an interpretation of the character himself... a decade after ROTS... a decade before ANH.

I don't want to disagree on the concept, but, I guess everyone has his opinions on OT and PT... if a Vader bust without the helmet should appear one day, I'd like it to look like Sebastian Shaw*, regardless how much cooler a burned up Hayden Christensen would look.

Oh, I was just being general, I meant that it would be a reveal bust, but I totally agree...Sebastian Shaw first, then Hayden...

Back