PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil: The Reboot

The Mike
10-03-2008, 07:35 PM
IESB Exclusive: FOX's Tom Rothman on a DAREDEVIL Reboot
Written by Robert Sanchez
Thursday, 02 October 2008

We've got part 2 of IESB's exclusive interview with 20th Century Fox co-chairman Tom Rothman for your viewing pleasure today.

In it, he addresses the possibility of a DAREDEVIL reboot. The film starring Ben Affleck and directed by Mark Steven Johnson was released in 2003 to over a $100 million dollar at the box office but panned by critics.

But the Hulk did it, why not Daredevil? You know what I am talking about...it's time for a REBOOT!

See what Rothman had to say about it below,

IESB: One of the brands that has made Fox a lot of money is Marvel. Recently, there was a reboot of the Hulk, which was alright, but I think it was mainly to get it ready for the Avengers film coming up. But there are two Marvel properties you control amongst others, Daredevil and Elektra. Both films didn't do too well but...reboot maybe?

Tom Rothman: A Daredevil, to use your words, reboot, is something we are thinking very seriously about.

IESB: Soon?

TR: Soon?

IESB: I have to ask.

TR: You've lost a lot a weight now Robert and you are going to live for a long time, this is the movie business, nothing is soon.

IESB: But there aren't any issues rights wise you would have to look into?

TR: No. We've got all the rights. And yes, I think that the thing the Hulk showed although, it did what it did, is that it is possible, that if you really do it right the audience will give you a second chance. That it is possible. And I think that you see that when they did Batman Begins, the first Nolan movie, that you can have made some mistakes along the way or movies that the audience wasn't that crazy about and then given the proper amount of time and the right creative vision behind it, you can, to use your word, reboot.

IESB: And Iron Man proved that a second tier hero done right can make lots of money.

TR: Correct, but these are good properties and I am actually encouraged by both the Hulk experience and particularly by what they did with Batman, after the relative disappointment of what the last Batman was [1990's incarnations].

IESB: Would you do Daredevil as dark as The Dark Knight?

TR: Would it be as dark? I don't know because what it really needs is, it needs a visionary at the level that Chris Nolan was. It needs someone, it needs a director, honestly, who has a genuine vision. What we wouldn't do is just do it for the sake of doing it. Right? What we try to do is to get a creative engine for it, that really had a great vision for it, that's what we would look for.

Abandoned by his mother, Matt Murdock was raised by his father, boxer "Battling Jack" Murdock, in Hell's Kitchen. Realizing that rules were needed to prevent people from behaving badly, young Matt decided to study law; however, when he saved a man from an oncoming truck, it spilled a radioactive cargo that rendered Matt blind while enhancing his remaining senses. Under the harsh tutelage of blind martial arts master Stick, Matt mastered his heightened senses and became a formidable fighter. He also attended Columbia University Law School alongside his best friend, Franklin "Foggy" Nelson; but before Matt earned his Juris Doctorate degree, his father was murdered by agents of the Fixer (Roscoe Sweeny) for refusing to throw a fight. Enraged when the legal system failed to bring the Fixer to justice, Matt donned a costume made from his father's boxing robe and went into action as "Daredevil," savagely beating his father's killers and frightening the Fixer himself to death. Establishing a small New York law firm with Foggy, Matt vowed to serve the law as Matt Murdock and to fight evils beyond the law's reach as Daredevil.

EVILFACE
10-03-2008, 07:37 PM
And like Incredible Hulk, I doubt it will make any more $$$ than the original.

King Darkness
10-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I would like to see a good Daredevil movie. I thought the 1st one was pretty bad, so I am all for a "reboot".

IrishJedi
10-03-2008, 08:08 PM
But who to play Daredevil this time?

Incidentally, I always thought Thomas Jane would make a better Matt Murdock than Frank Castle.

plasmid303
10-03-2008, 08:20 PM
I pick Aaron Eckhart. He'd be a great Murdock or a great Cap America.

Agent0028
10-03-2008, 08:30 PM
I wasn't in to comic books that much when the first one came out, and when I got in to Marvel more the consensus that the movie sucked has kept me from renting it. But if they made another one I would go see it. Dunno about a reboot though, I think they should do like Hulk and make it more of a sequel in that it doesn't have an origin story.

Khev
10-03-2008, 08:44 PM
But who to play Daredevil this time?

I'd lean toward Guy Pearce.

CelticPredator
10-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Tom Rothman is an idiot. There, I said it. Cant wait till he's gone.

Ok, move along now.

Dr.Mirakle32
10-03-2008, 10:31 PM
This is probably wrong of me, but I've never been interested in the character, never read the comics and never seen the movie, so I am indifferent.

Kabukiman
10-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I know I'm firmly in the majority, but I really enjoyed Daredevil. I don't know what they could do to make it "better." Affleck turned in a great performance, but for some reason he gets ^^^^ on because he's Affleck. Kingpin was pretty great too. :dunno

How 'bout instead of a Daredevil movie, give hime a role in Spider-Man 4, or FF3 (if they make one).

Krypto
10-04-2008, 03:57 AM
I thought Affleck was well cast as Murdoch/DareDevil. He was the only really sold thing in the movie aside from Farrell's over-the-top take on Bullseye which I thought was a lot of fun. Ultimately, Johnson and the film let him down. All of those alt-rock songs and the heavy music video editing and of course the script...whoa...it was definitely not good.

UTtoyfan
10-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Did you guys see the re-release cover for the Dardevil Director's Cut Blu-ray?
http://www.amazon.com/Daredevil-Directors-Blu-ray-Ben-Affleck/dp/B001CC7PKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1223159904&sr=1-1

No mention of Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Collin Farrell, or Michael Clarke Duncan. No mention of the director.

It just says "Featuring Jon Favreu, director of Iron Man as Foggy Nelson" :rotfl:rotfl

Studio49
10-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Holy crap. That is hilarious. "Also featuring that guy who played a pilot in Saving Private Ryan as the assistant to Kingpin." :lol

CelticPredator
10-04-2008, 08:30 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Daredevil-Directors-Blu-ray-Ben-Affleck/dp/B001CC7PKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1223159904&sr=1-1

No mention of Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Collin Farrell, or Michael Clarke Duncan. No mention of the director.

It just says "Featuring Jon Favreu, director of Iron Man as Foggy Nelson" :rotfl:rotfl

:rotfl Go Favreau! :rotfl

UTtoyfan
10-04-2008, 09:44 PM
:rotfl Go Favreu! :rotfl

Oops, yeah I spelled it wrong. Favreau. :rotfl

CelticPredator
10-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Aw ^^^^. Thats what I get for copying and pasting. :(

Darth Caedus
10-04-2008, 11:08 PM
http://www.planestupid.com/files/images/big-no.jpg

hairlesswookiee
10-05-2008, 02:46 AM

yeah its way better than the theatrical version of the movie.

LordAzrael
10-05-2008, 03:27 AM
I pick Aaron Eckhart. He'd be a great Murdock or a great Cap America.

I can totally see that. Whether he'd want to play two lawyers back to back though ?

The Mike
10-05-2008, 04:19 PM
I was say out of the names thrown around I'd cast personally Guy Pearce over Eckhart in Matt Murdock's role. Affleck did all right but didn't have the same humble look and then fiercity that the duality of Matt Murdock/Daredevil always shown. Eckhart could do that in spades but he seems more of a Captain America type than the thin, agile Daredevil look.

Natrix
10-06-2008, 09:11 AM

That isn't even on the final cover or the plastic wrap on the outside of the case.

The Mike
10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Oscar Isaac Wants to be Daredevil...

http://www.hbo.com/films/pu239/img/castandcrew/landing_oscar.jpg

Recently it's been reported that Daredevil is the next property to get the ol' reboot treatment. Rumors abound that several actors would like a shot at being Matt Murdock (Being Matt Murdock…sounds like it should have John Malkovich in it, huh?). If this is true that 20th Century Fox wants to take another stab at the red suited hero, it will be interesting to see who steps up for the part.

…it won't be Ben Affleck…

Affleck stated years ago that, "Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me, and something I wouldn’t want to do again soon." OK, strike him from the list…

Others who ARE reportedly interested are Jason (Transporter) Statham..who Frank Miller actually endorsed, and Oscar Isaac, who stated, “Daredevil is such an amazing character, I would love to do that,” Isaac said. “I’m not going to rag on the other Daredevil, but I would actually make myself blind for the role, that’s how much I want to do it. I would poke my eyes out, and then you would have an actual blind guy playing Daredevil. That would be my pitch. That’s where I’m starting at. Maybe I’ll rework it a little later, but I’m going to go with actually being blind.”

O….K….at least he's REALLY into the role…

Even so, with the right actor and right director, Daredevil could be a pretty badass franchise.

I don't know who Oscar Isaac is but can you imagine Jason Statham in that role?!?!? He wouldn't fit the Matt Murdock role but the Daredevil role would be outstanding...

galactiboy
10-07-2008, 09:46 AM
I find it funny that companies are now having to reboot movies that are only a few years old. I guess its good that even studios can recognize crap whent they sell it, but makes you wonder if they intentionally release a bad movie just so they can reboot later on :lol

Hulksmashed
10-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Dunno about a reboot though, I think they should do like Hulk and make it more of a sequel in that it doesn't have an origin story.

Actually with this series I would love a reboot with a Batman Begins like origin story! The origin of his powers is kinda lame and very dated, but the origin of Daredevil from Matt Murdock is pretty cool!

The Mike
02-11-2010, 06:42 AM
Some new movement on this front...

DAREDEVIL Reboot Confirmed
Back in 2008, Frank Miller and Jason Statham both expressed interest in rebooting DAREDEVIL and Tom Rothman, head of FOX, made it clear that was something the high-ups were interested in.

Then last May I reported that Katee Sackhoff was rumored to be in the running for Typhoid Mary. In that article I said I hoped it was for a DAREDEVIL reboot as opposed to a part of the DEADPOOL movie.

Now it’s being reported that a DAREDEVIL reboot has been confirmed. This comes from Screen Rant: “Mike Fleming just picked up the exclusive that Daredevil is now definitely being rebooted. Regency will be handling the remake for distributor Fox and David Scarpa will be writing the script.”

Ok, So why is this a bad thing? Because it’s FOX. The only reason they are doing this now is to retain the rights to the character, not because they have the ‘right’ script. The truth is that I’d much rather they wait and let the rights go back to MARVEL, rather than rely on FOX to do something right. If the rights went back to MARVEL then Daredevil could show up in other movies as well. So yes, I know that I said this is what I wanted before, but I’ve since seen the light. I just want this done right.

karamazov80
02-11-2010, 07:41 AM
I can't see Statham as Daredevil, personally. Has he ever shown that he could do an American accent?

CelticPredator
02-11-2010, 07:48 AM
He can just be british. A british Daredevil.

hairlesswookiee
02-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I can't see Statham as Daredevil, personally. Has he ever shown that he could do an American accent?

That and he doesn't have hair. It would be funny to see him sporting a wig in the movie though.

karamazov80
02-11-2010, 09:49 AM
That would be funny--Statham with a wig, doing a horrible American accent, attempting to play the part of a blind lawyer. Sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit gone bad.

Statham is very good at what he does, but I don't think that translates into being a good Daredevil by any means.

The Mike
02-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Maybe he could just be Daredevil....an old Lou/Bixby move? I don't know...then again I never thought Ledger would be a good Joker.

Darklord Dave
02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Statham as Bullseye - that I could see. But not Matt. They'll want to go younger anyway.

Buttmunch
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Statham would make an excellent Bullseye! Great idea Dave!

Not really sure who would make a good Daredevil though.

FLOSI
02-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Statham would make an excellent Bullseye! Great idea Dave!

Not really sure who would make a good Daredevil though.

The guy on your avatar would....

karamazov80
02-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I think for Daredevil, more even than looks, you need someone with the acting range to play a really pitiful bastard, as DD was during the Miller run and beyond in the 80s. A guy who gets beat the f up on a physical, emotional, and spiritual level. Who falls, experiences real darkness, and gets pushed to the edge, but can keep coming back because at heart, he's a hero.

Affleck didn't come close to having the skills, in my opinion (though that wasn't the previous film's only or major flaw). Maybe Christian Bale could, though I don't think there is a remote chance of him taking the role of course (and I'm not one of those guys who goes around suggesting that Bale should play every role in every film created from here on, as some appeared to be during the Dark Knight hype :lol ). I think Ryan Gosling could do it, though he would need to bulk up a bit. I could even imagine the A-Team guys of either Bradley Cooper or Sharlto Copley, though I don't think we've seen enough of either of them to know their real range (or ability to pull off convincing American accents).

Of course, some unknown would probably work best.

--edit: I see Guy Pearce suggested above. I think that could work--

Bullseye
02-11-2010, 06:10 PM
If Miller is involved and they make this a dark movie it has he potential to be great. I enjoyed the DC of the first movie. Bring it on i say.

karamazov80
02-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Well, I don't know if Miller's involvement nowadays is a good idea or not. No doubt, he was the man in the 80s, and his ideas and stories from that period are still great, but since then? Dark Knight Returns, All Star Batman and Robin, the Spirit film. . . :monkey4

Buttmunch
02-11-2010, 06:54 PM
The guy on your avatar would....

I could at least see him playing a lawyer :lol

Star Puffs
02-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Frankly Daredevil may just not translate well to cinema.

From his outfit, to the implausible way he uses his billy club to his weak powers, it just seems destined to be a bit campy on film. I say this as a woman who probably would never have read superhero comics ever if someone had not introduced me to Frank Miller's Daredevil run when I was young.

I mean to make Batman not look like a tool they had to strip his outfit of all colour and add a whole back story to justify his costume's existence from a utility standpoint. Random New York lawyer is not going to have Lucuis Fox/Tony Stark to run to for the gadgets necessary to take a character with no super strength/endurance/flight to a level that competes story-wise with characters like Superman and Spider-man, who simply blow you away with their abilities.

Darklord Dave
02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
What makes Daredevil interesting is that he is so limited and handicapped yet still puts on a circus suit and goes out and fights crime. I thought the outfit from the Affleck film was fine, but I'd agree that they need a great actor to convey the angst of the character.

It will have to be someone under 30 though, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that would be perfect for the role.

FLOSI
02-12-2010, 10:44 AM
What makes Daredevil interesting is that he is so limited and handicapped yet still puts on a circus suit and goes out and fights crime. I thought the outfit from the Affleck film was fine, but I'd agree that they need a great actor to convey the angst of the character.

It will have to be someone under 30 though, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that would be perfect for the role.

I think that having someone too young would be silly, TBH. He is, after all, a lawyer and most lawyers tend not to have their own law offices while under 30... I've never imagined DD being younger then 33-35. The thought of someone under 30 playing him makes me think of a less mature, almost Perter Parker, portrayal of Murdock.... I hate to bring up Bale but someone around his age would work for me.

hairlesswookiee
02-12-2010, 11:40 AM
I think for Daredevil, more even than looks, you need someone with the acting range to play a really pitiful bastard, as DD was during the Miller run and beyond in the 80s. A guy who gets beat the f up on a physical, emotional, and spiritual level. Who falls, experiences real darkness, and gets pushed to the edge, but can keep coming back because at heart, he's a hero.

This screams Mr Belding
http://i47.tinypic.com/15rcy7p.jpg

hairlesswookiee
02-12-2010, 11:43 AM
What about Tahmoh Penickett from BSG as Matt Murdock???

karamazov80
02-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Mr. Belding would work for me. Or possibly Mr. Belvedere.

The Entity
02-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I was just watching an episode of Dexter earlier, and I think Michael C. Hall could be a good Daredevil/Matt Murdock.

FLOSI
02-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I was just watching an episode of Dexter earlier, and I think Michael C. Hall could be a good Daredevil/Matt Murdock.

Not a bad idea! I can see that...

-jay-
02-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Not a bad idea! I can see that...

Yeah so can i good call Ingo, Michael C. Hall would be great! :rock

hairlesswookiee
02-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Dexter is a good choice. He's already an established actor and he's got the build for a Daredevil character. Maybe just have him work on bulking up his upper body and he's Matt Murdock.

karamazov80
02-13-2010, 08:45 PM
I guess Dexter could do it, but he would not be my first choice. He can obviously play a troubled character (he showed that in both Dexter and Six Feet Under). He's also in great physical shape. But frankly, I think his style/mannerisms are a little too wonky to play a Marvel hero. I also think people would have a hard time not thinking of him as Dexter at this point. "Hey, is Dexter gonna cut Kingpin's throat already or what?"

BuddyGus
02-13-2010, 08:52 PM
What about Tahmoh Penickett from BSG as Matt Murdock???

My message is not to short...

karamazov80
02-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Helo! Great choice. Somehow I missed Wookie's post before.

Darklord Dave
02-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Michael C. Hall is too short and has a creepy vibe that isn't really right for Murdock. Helo is good choice or how about Justin Hartley from Smallville?

CelticPredator
02-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Jackie Earle Haley. He plays everything now anyway...so why not? ;)

FLOSI
02-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Jackie Earle Haley. He plays everything now anyway...so why not? ;)

The hair color works :lol

The Mike
03-15-2011, 06:28 PM
David Slade to Direct ‘Daredevil’ Reboot
Posted on Tuesday, March 15th, 2011

Don’t ever say Twilight didn’t do anything for people. Fresh off David Slade‘s $700 million dollar worldwide slaying with The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, the director of Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night has just signed on to helm a reboot of the Marvel character Daredevil for 20th Century Fox. David Scarpa, writer of The Last Castle and Fox’s The Day the Earth Stood Still, was reportedly hired to write a script last year, but that could be a thing of the past. Read more after the break.

Variety exclusively broke the news, and though Scarpa was reportedly hired in February 2010 to work on a script, The Hollywood Reporter says no writer has been attached. What’s interesting though is that Slade’s film will supposedly be a “continuation” of the material set forth in the 2003 film that starred Ben Affleck, just without the actor’s involvement.

With a director now aboard, it seems like Daredevil will be the next superhero movie out of Fox who currently has X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine lined up. Slade was in talks to direct the latter, but that job went to Darren Aronofsky.

I’m sure we’re all curious to see what Slade thinks of the original film and what he plans to do new this time around. And chances are, he’ll tell us, as he was famously open with Twilight fans when he was directing that film. Daredevil is a very difficult character to bring to screen, though, with his almost comic looking bright red costume and incredibly heightened senses, which seem difficult to represent visually. However, there is most definitely a way to translate it in a way that’s both true to the comic and also accessible to non-fans.

Do you have any ideas of how or what Slade can do to make this project something special? And what do you think he must avoid from the 2003 film?

Devil_666
03-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Hollywood is rebooting/remaking films less than 10 years old, even if they were successful!? Classic.

*EDIT

Ok just saw in the article it's a sequel/continuation of the 2003 movie.

DinoLast
03-16-2011, 04:28 AM
David Slade's Eclipse was a good movie, and it's the first Twilight film I really enjoyed. Daredevil the director's cut is still one of my favourite superhero films, so for me this is good news. I say stick close to the religious overtones, and keep it dark, and try to avoid the slapstick of Spider-man.

LordAzrael
03-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Dexter is a good choice. He's already an established actor and he's got the build for a Daredevil character. Maybe just have him work on bulking up his upper body and he's Matt Murdock.

I think he might be better as the villain - he'd be a great bullseye.

lord-22
03-16-2011, 07:08 AM
yeah !!!!!!! Dardevil is back

hot toys will take the licence for sure

Natrix
03-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Can 30 Days of Night and Twilight Eclipse director David Slade undo the damage that Ben Affleck inflicted on Marvel's blind superhero, Daredevil? He's got a fighting chance — if they stick to the Born Again comic book series.

THR is reporting that rumored director Slade will be adaption the Frank Miller-written and David Mazzucchelli-illustrated Born Again Daredevil series. This is the storyline where ____ gets real for Matt Murdock, and the hero basically goes insane when his ex sells his identity off for heroin. So yeah, this could be really good. Plus Affleck is no longer attached to any Daredevil project, so the film could be getting some fresh blood.

CelticPredator
03-16-2011, 04:18 PM
30 Days and Hard Candy were ok. 30 was better though.

Sweet Rabbit
03-16-2011, 04:26 PM
30 Days and Hard Candy were ok. 30 was better though.

I didn't care for 30 days of night :dunno

CelticPredator
03-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Ok....? :lol

Agent0028
03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I have a hard time picturing a Twilight director as a comic director. Maybe I just sell Twilight short because it has annoying fans or a crappy cast...

Sweet Rabbit
03-16-2011, 06:58 PM
I have a hard time picturing a Twilight director as a comic director. Maybe I just sell Twilight short because it has annoying fans or a crappy cast...

it was the source material :monkey1

Agent0028
03-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah, that too. There's so much about Twilight to dislike...

DinoLast
03-17-2011, 02:34 AM

I go to all the Twilight movies with the wife, and to be honest I really was not looking forward to Eclipse, as I only liked the last 15 mins of New Moon and pretty much thought the first one was comedy, but to my surprise I found Eclipse to be a really good movie, and the action scenes are really well done. David Slade actually managed to even get that Jacob guy to act, so in my book Daredevil is in good hands.

Natrix
03-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Director David Slade, who we just reported last week is attached to direct 20th Century Fox's Daredevil Reboot, wanted to give an update to clear up any rumors about the Daredevil Reboot, as well as Deadpool and The Wolverine, via his Twitter page. Here is what he had to say:

"So without breaking confidentiality, yes Daredevil, we have a great outline for a very strong character driven take on Mr. Matt Murdock. It will bare no relation to the previous Daredevil movie in any way. We are at early planning stages and have not yet discussed any cast.

Love Deadpool, was never engaged in the (quite fantastic) script, last I heard studio was looking at comedy directors. None of my business.

The Wolverine, there have been no discussions about this project to date. Interesting to see what will happen with that as the again excellent script by Chris McQuarrie was set largely in Japan."

cokebabies
03-21-2011, 10:45 AM
It'll never happen, obviously, but an HBO / Showtime series that followed Bendis' and/or Brubaker's run on Daredevil would be incredible.

The Mike
07-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Continuations on this front:

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Twitter-Buzz_Daredevil.jpg

wHySoSeRiOuS203
07-19-2011, 02:09 PM
heres hoping there's no twilight actors in this....

CelticPredator
07-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Typhoid Mary needs to be in Deadpool too! :mad:

ExMem-LarjaThwei
07-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Typhoid Mary needs to be in Deadpool too! :mad:What the hell is Deadpool? :gah:

DiFabio
07-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I'll be honest, I'm getting sick of all these super hero movies as well as all these reboots. Yes, this includes Batman as well. After next year with projects such as The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers, I hope this genre burns out.

Grange Wallis
07-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I think the movies need to turn down a bit... The market is saturated with Comic book movies, sequels reboots and origins...

I'd like some more fresh movies that are one offs and not a BS 'planned trilogy'! Avatar is an example of this... The movie stands well and the would will survive with out the next two films. I know I'll see them, but do we really need 2-5 movie films about it?

As for DareDevils reboot... James Franco could be good... Michael Fassbender?

CelticPredator
07-20-2011, 12:40 AM
What the hell is Deadpool? :gah:

To answer your first question...SHADDUP.

:lol

wHySoSeRiOuS203
07-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I think the movies need to turn down a bit... The market is saturated with Comic book movies, sequels reboots and origins...

I'd like some more fresh movies that are one offs and not a BS 'planned trilogy'! Avatar is an example of this... The movie stands well and the would will survive with out the next two films. I know I'll see them, but do we really need 2-5 movie films about it?

As for DareDevils reboot... James Franco could be good... Michael Fassbender?

Franco all the way!

CriterionCollector
07-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Am I the only one who feels that the first Daredevil film was a decent film? I kind of liked Affleck myself.
Gotta go with what Cokebabies wrote. A Daredevil series on HBO or Showtime would be excellent. There are so many great story threads from Miller, Bendis and Brubaker.

Kabukiman
07-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Am I the only one who feels that the first Daredevil film was a decent film? I kind of liked Affleck myself.

You are not alone. I honestly don't understand the hate for the movie at all.

karamazov80
07-20-2011, 10:44 AM
The main thing that bugs me about that movie in hindsight is the awful awful awful awful see-saw scene (say that 6 times fast!). I actually bought the DVD when it first came out I liked it so much.

CriterionCollector
07-20-2011, 02:53 PM
The main thing that bugs me about that movie in hindsight is the awful awful awful awful see-saw scene (say that 6 times fast!). I actually bought the DVD when it first came out I liked it so much.

That scene is kind of silly but I think the director(who also did Ghost Rider) tried to get as close to the spirit of scenes you might see in a comic book.

jye4ever
07-20-2011, 02:57 PM
You are not alone. I honestly don't understand the hate for the movie at all.

Directors Cut kicks ass :hi5:

Grange Wallis
07-20-2011, 07:43 PM
The first film both cuts was average at best... And has dated badly imo

The Mike
07-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Apparently David Slade just dropped out of this due to scheduling conflicts which means 20th Century Fox has until the Fall to get a film in production or else lose the rights to Marvel Studios.

Discuss.

TheObsoleteMan
07-13-2012, 03:07 PM
They should just let the rights go, it's ____ing Daredevil. I like the character, but he's never gonna be a big money maker.

Grenouille
07-13-2012, 03:16 PM
They should just let the rights go, it's ____ing Daredevil. I like the character, but he's never gonna be a big money maker.

I would have said the same thing about Thor before that character's movie came out. Marvel Studios made a good movie that grossed $450 million worldwide. I'm sure Disney is hoping to get this one back.

Gully Foyle
07-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Hollywood is rebooting/remaking films less than 10 years old, even if they were successful!? Classic.
^So much THIS! :clap

Yes, we know Hollywood is where good ideas go to DIE.

Yes, it's been creatively bankrupt for ages, but c'mon! :gah:

There should be a cosmic law that anyone who uses the word "reboot" in a context other than electronic equipment gets his/her teeth bashed in.

With a sledgehammer.

(Overreaction? Eh, only a little.:wink1:)

occulum
07-13-2012, 03:33 PM
They can keep Garner, I thought she was great and Farrell as Bullseye was awesome, but Afleck as Daredevil I just couldn't buy into. He did the best he could, but every time he tried to act mad or mean it just made me wince and laugh and the same time. I couldn't take him serious.
It was far from a bad movie though IMO.

They've been doing great with the Writers/Directors they've been selecting for reboots lately, so Im looking forward to seeing what they do..... :monkey1

noisetrigger
07-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Was watching Daredevil Director's Cut again recently and I really love it. Thought it was a great movie. Love the tone of the movie. It was very TDK-ish, dark and gritty.

Didn't quite like Garner but thought that Afleck played the role really well. He is Murdoc in my eyes.

Some really cool action scenes (the bar fight in the beginning, the fights with Bulleye, the fight with Kingpin).

I totally forgotten that John Favrou was it in. LOL

krec9
07-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Daredevil directors wasn't bad just hated colin Farrell as bullseye.

thenammagazine
07-13-2012, 07:49 PM
They can keep Garner, I thought she was great and Farrell as Bullseye was awesome, but Afleck as Daredevil I just couldn't buy into. He did the best he could, but every time he tried to act mad or mean it just made me wince and laugh and the same time. I couldn't take him serious.
It was far from a bad movie though IMO.

They've been doing great with the Writers/Directors they've been selecting for reboots lately, so Im looking forward to seeing what they do..... :monkey1

I felt the exact opposite. I thought Afleck did great as Murdock and despised Farrell's overacting Bullseye. :monkey1

CelticPredator
07-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Daredevil director WAS bad.

He's one of the worst.

Director of such classics as Ghost Rider, and When in Rome....holy ____. That movie was the worst thing I've sat through since Ghost Rider.

lobox42
07-13-2012, 08:02 PM
I like the movie in special the directors cut the part is bad is when he figth agains Electra in the park with children arround...tha part was sucks!!!

crows
07-13-2012, 10:18 PM
I felt the exact opposite. I thought Afleck did great as Murdock and despised Farrell's overacting Bullseye. :monkey1

I kinda loved Ben in the movie, the movie didn't have any good action or a lot of fights, and a lot of cheesy moments, (anytime Elektra was on screen it was a Cheese fest...)
but I really liked Ben as daredevil, I know he is a joke and people hate him, he kinda sucks, but in daredevil it worked for me,

Niltusk
07-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Daredevil would have been great if it were an 80s movie. :rotfl

I don't mind it though and liked the costume, would like to see a good director with a good script take a run at a reboot.

VintijDroidGutzz
07-14-2012, 05:04 AM
There should be a cosmic law that anyone who uses the word "reboot" in a context other than electronic equipment gets his/her teeth bashed in.

With a sledgehammer.
:lol

Count me in as a fan of the 2003 film.. for the most part. I thought Affleck did well, the suit was excellent, & those 'sonar' scenes showing his special sense were great. Agreed that Farrell was silly, & the park equipment scenes with JG were equally as.

That said - I welcome a new series for sure - love DD. :rock

Bullseye
07-14-2012, 09:32 AM
The theatrical cut was all over the place but the directors cut is quite an under-rated movie. Second favourite character after Spidey. I'd prefer if Marvel did get the rights back to this character.

The Mike
08-06-2012, 07:22 PM
The latest:

Deadline reports talk from “studio insiders” that say Fox is actually looking at letting Daredevil go back to Marvel. Sure, the studio has a reportedly great script in hand with a ’70s thriller / classic Frank Miller vibe and Joe Carnahan (The Grey) in talks to direct. Looking at the recent Fox lineup, however, the success the studio has had with films like X-Men: First Class and Rise of the Planet of the Apes point to the studio being a lot more interested in Fantastic Four than Daredevil. A ’70s thriller vigilante hero movie isn’t the sort of thing Fox seems interested in now.

What Fox reportedly is interested in is either co-financing Daredevil with Marvel and Disney, or just letting the character go. This one is developing, and we’ll have more soon. Don’t get to set on any one outcome until we know there’s a real deal in place.

http://www.slashfilm.com/fox-denies-reports-galactus-trade-marvel-studios/?utm_source=Movie+Magic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+slashfilm+%28%2FFilm%29

If the co-financing deal actually goes through where Marvel is allowed to play with DD and use that stable and vice versa with the Marvel Film U, I guarantee you that Sony, which is bleeding in the film department, will probably look to that for Spidey if it needs cash. They already sold off the merchandising rights to Marvel/Disney.

Buttmunch
08-06-2012, 07:44 PM
I really wish they'd all just co-produce. Let all the characters play in the sandbox. Everyone wins. Fans get to see more characters together like we want, the studios have less of their own money in each film, and they still get lots of money in the end. Whats the hold up! :lol

Elendil
08-06-2012, 07:53 PM
"Sharing" is not the instinctive way that studios work!

Which can be too bad at times...

AMAZEN
08-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Daredevil was bad on so many levels, bad acting, bad directing, and bad wardrobe. hope the reboot is beter

Josh-A-Tron
08-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Sorry boys, Bad news on the Daredevil going to Marvel Front as of today.

"There's some exciting news for the future of Marvel on the big screen today as Variety reports that 20th Century Fox and Walt Disney Pictures are negotiating a deal that could potentially send the rights to some key "Fantastic Four" characters back to Marvel Studios. In return, Fox would get an extension in releasing their rebooted Daredevil, now said to have Joe Carnahan in discussions to direct.

Without an extension, Fox will have to move forward with Daredevil immediately and begin production by October 10th. The deal would potentially give Marvel Studios the ability to use characters like the Silver Surfer, Galactus and Uatu the Watcher in upcoming releases.

If a deal is worked out, there's still no assurance of when or how the new characters might be utilized, but they'd certainly fit right in to Marvel's plans to expand their cinematic universe to the cosmos with 2014's Guardians of the Galaxy.

Carnahan, who directed this year's The Grey, is also slated to remake Death Wish for MGM.

David Slade was previously attached to Daredevil, but recently left the project. The studio is also rebooting Fantastic Four and have set Chronicle director Josh Trank to helm."

Elendil
08-06-2012, 08:31 PM
See this thread: http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114562

Also, may unfortunately be debunked. :(

Bullseye
08-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Hopefully it will not happen and DD reverts.

CelticPredator
08-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Perfect director.

hairlesswookiee
08-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Sorry boys, Bad news on the Daredevil going to Marvel Front as of today.

"There's some exciting news for the future of Marvel on the big screen today as Variety reports that 20th Century Fox and Walt Disney Pictures are negotiating a deal that could potentially send the rights to some key "Fantastic Four" characters back to Marvel Studios. In return, Fox would get an extension in releasing their rebooted Daredevil, now said to have Joe Carnahan in discussions to direct.

Without an extension, Fox will have to move forward with Daredevil immediately and begin production by October 10th. The deal would potentially give Marvel Studios the ability to use characters like the Silver Surfer, Galactus and Uatu the Watcher in upcoming releases.

If a deal is worked out, there's still no assurance of when or how the new characters might be utilized, but they'd certainly fit right in to Marvel's plans to expand their cinematic universe to the cosmos with 2014's Guardians of the Galaxy.

Carnahan, who directed this year's The Grey, is also slated to remake Death Wish for MGM.

David Slade was previously attached to Daredevil, but recently left the project."

This might not be too bad. I hope whomever decides to make the next Daredevil movie gets it right because he's a very strong B-list character that can be successful if handled properly.

The studio is also rebooting Fantastic Four and have set Chronicle director Josh Trank to helm.

This really intrigues me as I ended up really liking Chronicle after dismissing it while in theaters.

DFanatic
08-15-2012, 05:03 AM
Well, looks like Marvel/Disney got the rights back to Daredevil. I'm happy about that. Slowly but surely Marvel will get all of them back eventually (or so I hope).

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/looks-like-daredevil-will-go-back-to-marvel-and-disney/

Now, if only Marvel got Spiderman and GhostRider back... now THAT would be great news.

Niltusk
08-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Well, looks like Marvel/Disney got the rights back to Daredevil. I'm happy about that. Slowly but surely Marvel will get all of them back eventually (or so I hope).

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/looks-like-daredevil-will-go-back-to-marvel-and-disney/

Now, if only Marvel got Spiderman and GhostRider back... now THAT would be great news.

Hope this is the start of all the properties coming home, but I can't see them letting Spiderman ever expire. :(

karamazov80
08-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Juxtaposing less fantastic characters (Hawkeye, Daredevil, Iron Fist, etc.) with the more fantastic ones (Hulk, Iron Man, et al.) could make for some good drama and storytelling if done well. I think Daredevil/Matt Murdoch could be a real anchor of the proposed Marvel TV series, if nothing else. He's a really complex and interesting character that has had some great comic stories that could influence live-action stories moving forward. I'll cross fingers that Marvel will use him, and will use him well.

Oscar_the_Gungan
08-15-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm really itching for some good live action Marvel TV. Getting Daredevil and all the related characters especially The Kingpin back means they have everything they need to create the street level Marvel Universe. They could do a Punisher show and have an occasional crossover. TV may also be the best place to introduce Moon Knight, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

thenammagazine
08-15-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm really itching for some good live action Marvel TV. Getting Daredevil and all the related characters especially The Kingpin back means they have everything they need to create the street level Marvel Universe. They could do a Punisher show and have an occasional crossover. TV may also be the best place to introduce Moon Knight, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

DO NOT WANT! Read the Punisher TV show proposal Disney/Marvel came up with. He's a detective. :monkey1

Natrix
08-15-2012, 02:45 PM
http://io9.com/5935123/sizzle-reel-shows-hints-of-the-gritty-daredevil-movie-fox-wont-be-making

Sizzle reel shows hints of the gritty Daredevil movie Fox won’t be making

A few days ago a deflated director Joe Carnahan (The Grey) took to Twitter to announce that his pitch for a Serpico-styled Daredevil movie had gone up in smoke. And now he's released his exciting sizzle reel, cobbled together from Daredevil comics panels and past violent movies. Here's the bloody "NC-17" version — think of it as a mood board for the movie that we'll never see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92cVd9HalHs

Niltusk
08-15-2012, 02:56 PM
http://io9.com/5935123/sizzle-reel-shows-hints-of-the-gritty-daredevil-movie-fox-wont-be-making

A few days ago a deflated director Joe Carnahan (The Grey) took to Twitter to announce that his pitch for a Serpico-styled Daredevil movie had gone up in smoke. And now he's released his exciting sizzle reel, cobbled together from Daredevil comics panels and past violent movies. Here's the bloody "NC-17" version — think of it as a mood board for the movie that we'll never see.

Wow, what a craptastic video, but at least whoever made it got the comic scenes perfect, Miller and Mazzucchelli's run had to be one of the greatest and they took some of their best as inspiration.

I will always remember the end of that issue when Kingpin blew up the brownstone. He had Matt so freaking skull ****ed and then gave his hand up.

"Nice piece of work Kingpin - you shouldn't have signed it."

Born again is probably one of my favorite of all Daredevil storylines.

thenammagazine
08-15-2012, 03:13 PM

At first I was completely against the whole "retro" thing, but actually, that would've worked since DD wouldn't have been connected to the Marvel Studios films. :(

DeNiro as Kingpin.... :thud:

Josh-A-Tron
08-15-2012, 04:07 PM
At first I was completely against the whole "retro" thing, but actually, that would've worked since DD wouldn't have been connected to the Marvel Studios films. :(

Look at it this way, with Fox failing to bring anything to the table the rights will revert and we might actually get a good Daredevil film from the people who are supposed to be making the movie.

thenammagazine
08-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Look at it this way, with Fox failing to bring anything to the table the rights will revert and we might actually get a good Daredevil film from the people who are supposed to be making the movie.

Granted, but I'm wondering if Daredevil will get the justice he deserves (I'd love to see The Man Without Fear brought to the big screen) with them building a franchise around him, or if he's just another namedrop they'll potentially shoehorn into Avengers or a halfassed TV show.

Josh-A-Tron
08-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Granted, but I'm wondering if Daredevil will get the justice he deserves (I'd love to see The Man Without Fear brought to the big screen) with them building a franchise around him, or if he's just another namedrop they'll potentially shoehorn into Avengers or a halfassed TV show.

Well since they got Blade, Punisher and Daredevil all back now it might be cool if they did little lower budget (100mil maybe) films for some of the street level Characters and really focus on storytelling.

And I agree, Man Without Fear would be awesome or even a little truer version of Born again and you could even have the Cap Cameo!...I know wishful thinking.

CelticPredator
08-15-2012, 08:06 PM
100 Mill is big budget Summer Blockbuster money...:lol

Should be done for 50 Mil, or at the very most, 80 million.

thenammagazine
08-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Well since they got Blade, Punisher and Daredevil all back now it might be cool if they did little lower budget (100mil maybe) films for some of the street level Characters and really focus on storytelling.

And I agree, Man Without Fear would be awesome or even a little truer version of Born again and you could even have the Cap Cameo!...I know wishful thinking.

I just want a Punisher movie in the vein of Jane's SDCC short. :pray:

Niltusk
08-15-2012, 08:36 PM
I just want a Punisher movie in the vein of Jane's SDCC short. :pray:

Without forming a team they could make a loose "sub" universe with interaction with DD, Punisher, and some of the other grittier heros who aren't saving the world, Of course if Punisher is true to the comics, his and DD's interactions probably won't be the friendliest. :lol

thenammagazine
08-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Without forming a team they could make a loose "sub" universe with interaction with DD, Punisher, and some of the other grittier heros who aren't saving the world, Of course if Punisher is true to the comics, his and DD's interactions probably won't be the friendliest. :lol

They want to make Punisher a detective who hunts down and brings criminals to justice every episode. Basically a legal Dog the Bounty Hunter sans mullet. :monkey1

Niltusk
08-15-2012, 09:33 PM
They want to make Punisher a detective who hunts down and brings criminals to justice every episode. Basically a legal Dog the Bounty Hunter sans mullet. :monkey1

Cool, Tony Shalhoub as Frank Castle, they can put this right between Burn Notice and White Collar. :lol

thenammagazine
08-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Cool, Tony Shalhoub as Frank Castle, they can put this right between Burn Notice and White Collar. :lol

And just skip to the end, having him eat his gun barrel 5min into the pilot! :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

jye4ever
08-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Good for him for having the balls to utlize footage from the DD movie. :rock

No wonder it went back to Marvel. :lol

karamazov80
08-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Born again is probably one of my favorite of all Daredevil storylines.
Same here. Just brilliant. One of Miller's best works.

Niltusk
08-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Same here. Just brilliant. One of Miller's best works.

:duff
His entire run is epic, so thats really saying alot imo, but I love how they broke him down, just to rebuild him even stronger and get back to the basis of him being "the man without fear". Plus, some of the best use of the supporting characters. So much tension through those arcs. Loved every frame.

batfan08
08-15-2012, 10:34 PM

Personally, I dig the 70's tone. Imagine a "retro" Marvel Knights mini-universe. Daredevil in the same vein as Taxi Driver, The Punisher a la Death Wish, Heroes for Hire as a Kung-Fu/Exploitation film, Moon Knight, Blade, and even the Tomb of Dracula stuff as pseudo-horror/exploitation films. I could see it, even though it'd never happen.

karamazov80
08-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Most of that I can see, but. . .

Daredevil in the same vein as Taxi Driver
http://i.imgur.com/JueeJ.gif

You saying Murdoch is like Bickle somehow?

Niltusk
08-15-2012, 10:45 PM
I do like your lineup though batfan... Punisher, DD, HfH, and MoonKnight could all work very well in a shared universe.

Josh-A-Tron
08-16-2012, 03:54 AM
100 Mill is big budget Summer Blockbuster money...:lol

Should be done for 50 Mil, or at the very most, 80 million.

100mil was the old bench mark, now all these films are going 150 or more.

batfan08
08-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Most of that I can see, but. . .

http://i.imgur.com/JueeJ.gif

You saying Murdoch is like Bickle somehow?

I'm talking about the same tone and overall aesthetic, not the character in particular.

Niltusk
08-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm talking about the same tone and overall aesthetic, not the character in particular.

Yep, want to see a movie as dark and gritty as some of the Miller stuff. Although I have nightmares that the DD reboot stars this guy...
http://cdn.theothermurdockpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/robert_pattinson300.jpg
:horror

batfan08
08-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah, DO NOT WANT.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
02-18-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm real disapointed Marvel got the rights back for Daredevil, would've been fine if they were gonna use him, but they clearly aren't so it means we won't be getting a new DD films for a long time now :(

RIDDICK
02-18-2013, 01:25 PM
And it's ok.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
02-19-2013, 08:48 AM
And it's ok.

Not if you wanted a new Daredevil film :wink1:

Chapter 2099
02-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Not if you wanted a new Daredevil film :wink1:

Did you like the 2003 release?

It's not the best of the best of the best....but, I did enjoy it. Bullseye was a little over the top, but I liked that. :lol

guyverfan
02-19-2013, 10:39 AM
While it was by no means a good movie I did find that the Director's Cut was much more entertaining than the theatrical release.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
02-19-2013, 10:45 AM
I liked it for the most part but wasn't a fan of Kingpin. Michael Clarke Duncan (R.I.P) coudn't sell a criminal role after his performance in Green Mile. Elektra was the lowpoint of the film.

Even though Bullseye was over the top, he was fun to watch. Like on the plane when he killed the chattering old lady :lol

Chapter 2099
02-19-2013, 10:47 AM
I liked it for the most part but wasn't a fan of Kingpin. Michael Clarke Duncan (R.I.P) coudn't sell a criminal role after his performance in Green Mile. Elektra was the lowpoint of the film.

I still have yet to see the Green Mile. :(

I really liked him as Kingpin though. As for Elektra, I'm a sucker for the spin-off movie of hers. I used to watch it quite a bit. :lol (I'm not helping my case here, I'm sure.)

Uncanny Web-Slinger
02-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Elektra sufferred from the same problem as Black Widow. She's not foreign enough.

Elektra is greek and BW is russian, neither had any accents, they were for all intents & purposes generic Americans :(

RIDDICK
02-19-2013, 12:09 PM
DD2003 is a good movie whatsoever. BUT we need something more unique, stylish and solid so I prefer to wait as much as it needs to appear rather than get something so/so next year... and then wait even longer.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Elektra sufferred from the same problem as Black Widow. She's not foreign enough.

Elektra is greek and BW is russian, neither had any accents, they were for all intents & purposes generic Americans :(
True. :lol

Still - like Chapter9, I dig the Elektra film, I've owned it for a while now, & it's definitely got re-watch value for me. I dig Jennifer Garner too.

The documentary on the DVD is excellent too btw. Lots of interview stuff with Frank Miller, & a real in depth look at the character over the life of the comic.

I've always liked the DD film as well - even with it's crappy aspects. :lol

Blood Electricity
02-21-2013, 05:22 AM
I recently watched the 'directors cut' version of Daredevil and I actually did not hate it. I think the worst thing about it is probably the use of modern rock music instead of an original score. They were obviously really trying to sell that soundtrack. Also, Ben Affleck is pretty flat in it. Its not the worst movie I've ever seen.

RIDDICK
02-21-2013, 06:33 AM
Bcoz it's a good movie.

EVILFACE
02-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Daredevil is just a blind Batman with above average intelligence and no money.

jimmie_dimmick
02-21-2013, 07:50 AM
Daredevil is just a blind Batman with above average intelligence and no money.

:lol :exactly: :goodpost: :lecture :lol

crows
02-21-2013, 08:07 AM
True. :lol

Still - like Chapter9, I dig the Elektra film, I've owned it for a while now, & it's definitely got re-watch value for me. I dig Jennifer Garner too.

The documentary on the DVD is excellent too btw. Lots of interview stuff with Frank Miller, & a real in depth look at the character over the life of the comic.

I've always liked the DD film as well - even with it's crappy aspects. :lol

Elektra has to be one of the worst superhero movies I've seen,
even worst than Ghost rider 2.

I recently watched the 'directors cut' version of Daredevil and I actually did not hate it. I think the worst thing about it is probably the use of modern rock music instead of an original score. They were obviously really trying to sell that soundtrack. Also, Ben Affleck is pretty flat in it. Its not the worst movie I've ever seen.

I love the directors cut. doesn't really have a strong villain but I like it, I like it a lot more than Fantastic 4 or the first punisher for example.

jye4ever
02-21-2013, 08:55 AM
DDDC is a fun and entertaining movie, like the ending with the reporter deleting his story.

I might even enjoy DDDC more than TDKR. :lol

FF4 # 1 DC is also fun.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Elektra has to be one of the worst superhero movies I've seen,
even worst than Ghost rider 2.
That's nice.. :wave :lol

Vivek
04-23-2013, 01:00 PM
It's Official: Daredevil Belongs To Marvel Studios | Badass Digest (http://badassdigest.com/2013/04/23/its-official-daredevil-belongs-to-marvel-studios/)
We likely won't see the movie anytime soon, so I hope they do a Daredevil TV show instead.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Wanted a Daredevil movie :mad: :impatient:

Bullseye
04-23-2013, 02:46 PM
That's what you get when you want Marvel Studios to control all their characters....many of them gathering dust.

Biojex
04-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Looks like Ben Affleck shall remain this generations Daredevil...as well as many other generations to come :lol

Sweet Rabbit
04-23-2013, 02:48 PM
It's Official: Daredevil Belongs To Marvel Studios | Badass Digest (http://badassdigest.com/2013/04/23/its-official-daredevil-belongs-to-marvel-studios/)
We likely won't see the movie anytime soon, so I hope they do a Daredevil TV show instead.

Bout time :clap

The Mike
04-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Feige is misspeaking, or I should say jumping the gun.

Director Joe Carnahan seems to be ready to toss in the towel on the last ditch attempt to reboot the Marvel superhero Daredevil before Fox’s rights to the franchise expire this fall. Carnahan sent out a tweet today saying, “I think my idea for a certain retro, red-suited, Serpico-styled superhero went up in smoke today kids.”

The rights do not expire until Fall of 2013. If 20th Century Fox wanted to, they could go back to David Slade or even hire someone new to hit it, what the bloggers are assuming is that they won't.

Plus Feige has the option to make the film under the Marvel Studios banner if he wants or even use the character in any of the existing projects.

There are already rumors about how they are going to utilize it once it occurs with many pointing to cameo options using Murdock first over Daredevil himself.

What is best to assume is that 20th Century Fox is probably thrown their hands up and said "just let them expire" but if they wanted to they could snag them at the last second. In order to keep them they'd just have to film something and put it in a movie theater and sell one ticket, the thing is for Fox the DD brand hasn't been worth what was paid for it.

Biojex
04-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Mike coming in with the knowledge. Where have you been?!

Bullseye
04-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Pity Sony did not negotiate with Fox. A crossover with Spidey would have been great.

The Mike
04-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately busy so I couldn't really hit the site as much as I'd like but I pop in when I can.

It should be noted that Marvel is thinking about doing "Secret Avengers" or even "New Avengers" to try and capitalize on the whole Avengers thing on the years that their tentpole isn't up and running and a character like Daredevil could easily be shoehorned in there. Of course it's all blogger rumors and "I heard this from some guy...." but it seems logical to stick a team similar to The Avengers, take someone like SLJ or even Chris Evans who have multi deals on the table and kickstart another franchise.

Pity Sony did not negotiate with Fox. A crossover with Spidey would have been great.

Sony's ASM rights may be in jeopardy too, not because the film didn't do well but because their film division is supposedly bleeding hard. The merchandising rights for ASM2 already belong to Marvel.

I would also point out that the villains of Daredevil revert as well which means you might see Bulleye, Kingpin, Typhoid Mary all before you see actual Daredevil.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-23-2013, 03:06 PM
New Avengers would get my butt in a seat.

Iron Fist, Daredevil, Mockingbird, Luke Cage, Moon Knight and fix the godawful Hawkeye by turning him into Ronin

Biojex
04-23-2013, 03:07 PM
If Spidey goes back to Marvel, I hope they stick with the current reboot universe, and just merge it into the rest of the MCU. Interesting that Marvel has the merch rights to ASM2...