Is every year like this ??!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
So , it is nearing a year since I have been collecting sideshow and hot toys ( well I had a peice but I wasn't collecting until then )

This year has destroyed my wallet !. I have heard people who have been collecting for years say themselves that this year has been a crazy one but then I thought they might always say that. :rotfl
Just wondering if this year has been specifically crazy financially in the collecting world.

I mainly collect alien and predator but I have spread this year to terminator , robocop , countless horror movie pieces , Batman , iron man , lotr , star wars and probably more I have forgotten about.
is it gonna be this bad next year then ?. :rotfl:monkey1

Yes, because even if your favorite licenses don't have a plethora or product coming out you find other licenses with really cool things and thus starts the slippery slope to collecting more. The only way to break it is to learn to become very selective and to sometimes pass on something even when it would be really cool to have.

spent about the same as last year but i dont seem to have as much money left as i did then :huh i blame the credit crunch eg higher food prices and general living costs

I remember when I first started full on 1/6 collecting, I was spending around $25-$35 for Sideshow figures. I can't believe I spend the amount of money I do on this stuff now. It's ridiculous.

It's the toy/collectibles market in general lately. There's just too much coming out all together and the prices keep going up. I can only wonder how long this will keep going on with the state of the economy...

Well, I've only been collecting for about a year too and MOST of my pieces (Marvel and Buffy PFs) have been sold out for years, so it has basically been a year all about "catch up." I can't see myself buying this much next year. Honestly, there's just not many CURRENT PFs left that I want. (Keyword here is current. No telling what the future holds.) :naughty

It's the toy/collectibles market in general lately. There's just too much coming out all together and the prices keep going up. I can only wonder how long this will keep going on with the state of the economy...

The small action figure market has already crashed. NECA is about the only company still making a go of it there. If it weren't for HALO and their sports figures, McFarlane Toys would be going down in flames.

It'll be interesting to see how long the 1/6 market can hold up under the ever increasing prices.

I think the 1:6 market has exploded this year. When I started collecting 1:6 I was searching for stuff just to fill my shelves. Now I'm getting rid of stuff to make room for new lines (from Hot Toys). It's crazy how much good stuff HT is pumping out so quickly.

I think the 1:6 market has exploded this year. When I started collecting 1:6 I was searching for stuff just to fill my shelves. Now I'm getting rid of stuff to make room for new lines (from Hot Toys). It's crazy how much good stuff HT is pumping out so quickly.

Yes WAY too quickly! Its as if they know the world is ending soon!

I did that too, I've got a number of 12" figures that go great with my "patriotic" display, but now I'd rather that be smaller and limited to some of my favourite figures to make room for some of the awesome super hero 12" figures that are coming out.

can't believe you have only been collecting for a year:duh

Hey hey I've been collecting for a little over a year now. Since I'm moving everything is boxes at my current place and my friends house. I can't wait till I move to set everything up:banana Imo though it seems it has begun to become a busy years end for me with Iron Man, Lost Predator, Machiko, Bank Robber Joker and whatever else hits.

Back