Another new guy here..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there..
well, my name is Yannick, I'm a 21 year old student from Aachen, Germany and I collect toys.:monkey5

I've pretty much been collecting my whole life, just with the difference that I used to play with my turtles, batman, kenner alien and predators, star wars figs and so on, and then slowly made the change to collecting.
My real introduction to more collector oriented figs was Mcfarlane's Spawn Series 7, that's also when I started reading the Spawn comic (and still do). My main focus thoughout most of my teens were Hasbro's Star Wars figs and Mcfarlane figs (Spawn, Movie Maniacs, Tortured Souls etc).
In the last couple of years, my interest in the Hasbro line has faded, and I've become more interested in 1:6 scale figs. Although I already had a Marmit Sandtrooper, the Sideshow Star Wars line is what really got me into the 1:6 game full force (limited by my funds, however ;) ). I don't really specialize in one "type" of collectible though, so I've got some 18 inchers, some busts, some replicas etc (I guess you catch my drift) in my collection. I am picky in what i get, however.:monkey3
As I got my first Hot Toys figure last summer (Aliens Hudson), I now try to buy less small figs and save up for the 1:6 figs, as I rather have one perfect, amazingly detailed fig, than a couple of smaller ones, that are cool, but still seem "toyish", if you know what I mean.

I'm also a big Batman fan, so the new movie and especially the new Hot Toys figs are a dream come true for me. I already own the Original Suit Batman, as I prefer this over the new suit, and I don't have the money to get both (some of my pics are in the dedicated thread), and I'm strongly thinking about getting the Bank Robber Joker (already asked Joe about shipping to Germany ^^). I guess since he comes out around christmas, he would make a good christmas present.:monkey3

I'll also take some pics of my collection soon, though it may take a couple of weeks (as I'll be on vacation, visiting my parents etc), but I've wanted to take some pics for quite some time now, so I'll definitely do it as soon as I have the time.

I guess that's about it from me, if anybody has any questions, feel free to ask. :)
Oh, and I've been reading this board for about a year now, so I guess I already know my way aroung a bit. :maul (I just had to use that smiley, as I'm also a Darth Maul fan:D)

welcome to the boards.............
:lol..............malice is quite bilingual.

Thanks everyone. :cool:
And dvdmalice, I guessed you used an online translator, as that is some crooked german.:lol I did understand what you wanted to say though.

hey ther buddy, just mesing with you. hope you enjoy the freak show!:banana

welcome to the boards.............
:lol..............malice is quite bilingual.

:D

Back