Do You Text?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizerwannabe

An Evil Collector?
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just old but I can't imagine a more stupid use for a phone than texting. You wanna communicate with someone? Call them!!!! I work with a 21 year old that spends half of the night texting his skank posse. I tell him..."call that ho if you are trying a hookup", but to no avail. He just smiles and looks at me like I'm old. Young bastard:lol

I don't text. One day at work I was painfully bored and I taught myself but I'm so slow at it that it's pointless.

yeah I text all the time, but its mainly cause I hate to chit chat.
When I call someone its to communicate information, not to just see wats goin on.

texting helps me avoid getting caught up with chatty people.
Plus I can send a message and it doesnt matter if theyre available or not, they'll get it when they pick up their phone.
I know you can do all that with a call too, but its actully faster to send a text then call, wait for rings, listen to message, wait for beep .. leave message ....

texting is great. straight to the point, and can be done anywhere that you normally wouldnt be able to speak on the phone. such as in class or meetings, or at work.

Texting is on its way out in all reality. I text all the time but as my friends are getting smartphones, we just email one another. You can easily set your phone to get instant notifications of emails and set the sweep of your inbox for every 45 seconds or whatever you want it to. I get my work emails and my personal emails all through my phone (Blackjack II). None of my friends who have smartphones ever text because they can circumvent the texting charges since you pay for internet usage separately anyway.

Maybe I'm just old but I can't imagine a more stupid use for a phone than texting. You wanna communicate with someone? Call them!!!! I work with a 21 year old that spends half of the night texting his skank posse. I tell him..."call that ho if you are trying a hookup", but to no avail. He just smiles and looks at me like I'm old. Young bastard:lol

*agrees*...texting is for buttholes.

Anyone see the episode of Boondocks where they talk about texting? Sam Jackson's character calls it "******technology". You kind of have to see the episode to get the words because I'm not typing them here. It was funny though.

To answer the question I hate texting - though will admit it is useful for one word comments when calling someone is even more worthless. It's still lame though. Especially that fact that I get charged when someone texts me their stupid comment that I didn't want to begin with.

Last edited:
My quality of life improved vastly when I dropped my cell phone in a parking lot by accident 3 years ago.

Back