ROTJ Luke REALLy does have a huge head!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Darkness

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I got my Hot Toys bodies in this week and decided that I was gonna switch out Lukes body for the HT body to eliminate the large head and monkey arms. Well it fixed one of those things, the monkey arms are gone, but MY GOD, that head is HUGE! Even on the large HT body. I figured HT body would be perfect because the shoulders are so wide, but it didnt really work. For some odd reason, his head looks to big even for a HT body.

Here are some pix comparing the head that came with the body(Prison Break guy) and the ROTJ Luke head.

Side by side:
SANY1869.jpg

And on the body:
SANY1874.jpg

SANY1860.jpg

SANY1876.jpg

SANY1880.jpg

Well I got my Hot Toys bodies in this week and decided that I was gonna switch out Lukes body for the HT body to eliminate the large head and monkey arms. Well it fixed one of those things, the monkey arms are gone, but MY GOD, that head is HUGE! Even on the large HT body. I figured HT body would be perfect because the shoulders are so wide, but it didnt really work. For some odd reason, his head looks to big even for a HT body.

Here are some pix comparing the head that came with the body(Prison Break guy) and the ROTJ Luke head.

Side by side:
SANY1869.jpg

And on the body:
SANY1874.jpg

SANY1860.jpg

SANY1876.jpg

SANY1880.jpg

You know, with that Head you could make an easy Apprentice from the Force Unleashed game coming out.

ROTJ Luke isn't the only one with a huge head.

Yep... some of the eary SS Star Wars figs do have big noggins...

Gotta say it's not looking too bad so far though... can you post some full body pics? Would love to see it all kitted out.

Sideshow heads are famous for being oversized, though ROTJ Luke is probably at the extreme end of the melonhead scale.

Yep... some of the eary SS Star Wars figs do have big noggins...

Gotta say it's not looking too bad so far though... can you post some full body pics? Would love to see it all kitted out.

Heres a quick couple, not to good, but you get the idea.
SANY1888.jpg

SANY1889.jpg

I swapped my Luke over to a Dragon body the other night and the neck joint actually flops around a bit under the weight of that planetoid. :lol Still a damn sight better than the Buck though.

I think yours looks pretty damn good there. The wide shoulders do help.

And funny, the paint on the generic head on the True Type body is painted better than Jedi Luke.

I was impressed with the detail that HT did on the eyes of the 2 new TT figures.

And funny, the paint on the generic head on the True Type body is painted better than Jedi Luke.

I was impressed with the detail that HT did on the eyes of the 2 new TT figures.

For a generic body, I was shocked at how good the paint on the caucasian TT headsculpt was.

Wow.. Suddenly Jedi luke doesn't look that impressive anymore seeing that size of head thing. :(

Plus he looks like he's lost in a daze. I still think they have work to do on improving that head. Or just bring on the PF version and I'll be very happy :)

The Prison Break Guy head looks like a dead ringer for "The Aprentice" from the Force Unleased game. Give him some ligthsabers and a tunic and you got yourself a nice custom Force Unleashed Figure.

Apprentice_06.jpg

Last edited:
you want "Bobble-head" syndrome look at some the costume pics of the new BatSuit Cowl...the HT figure is a good scale...the live action version is its own natural booblehead doll

As for Jedi Luke having a big head....go back and watch the movie...you'll notice a scale issue in real life as well as with the figure! :p

Yeah, very noticeable. It would be cool to swap ROTJ onto one of the new buck short male bodies with the shorter arms.

I don't see the problem. The two heads being compared have different face shapes and different hairstyles. The arms are a big issue with this figure, but head size is not IMHO.

Compare Mark Hamill's with Sideshow's.

https://www.padmeswardrobe.com/images/classic/rotj/RJ014.jpg

https://www.windycitydolls.com/images/Sideshow/2104JediLuke.jpg

Sideshow Palpatine's head is just as big as Luke's btw.

So your saying they both have big heads?...well yea that i can agree to, but be part of one of the biggest series of Science Fiction films ever made...and i think you have the right to be big-headed ;)

on a side note, with the pics...

See what i mean?, Marks head is rather large compaired to his body, so the figure really is a true 1/6th rep of him!!!...including the "monkey arms" :p

Back