Smalljoes.com screwed me!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spazzy

Super Freak
Reaction score
SO I have been wanting the G.I. Joe AE #36 Herb Trimpe retailer incentive cover since I first saw it in previews, little did I realize how uncommon they were going to be, most started around $100-150, and are slowly sticking around the $75-90 mark, still too much for a comic so I waited, I noticed SmallJoes.com had some that sold out and they said they should be getting more in soon. FINALLY I check and see they have them in stock at $19.95, I was ecstatic! I ordered 3, one for my friend one for me and another to get cgc graded eventually (like I have my old marvel run #155)

Low and behold I get 3 emails (all had to be ordered seperately for some reason) saying the order was cancelled, no explanation, nothing, I look to see maybe they oversold them and I was too late.........NOPE they raised the price to $39.95!!

Still a good price, but after that crap, no way I will buy from them, or anything from them for that reason.

I wrote a strongly worded letter letting them know my disappointment as I was a customer and do shop from them many times, and have had no problems.

Guess I am still on the look out for this issue!

I have dealt with Smalljoes.com MANY times and I have had no problems with them. They even exchanged and refunded some broken microman figures I've ordered from them in the past.

HOWEVER, I am aware Corey (the owner) and his store have a strange reputation and can sometimes be very rude with customers. Normally I'd defend them, but I've seen way too many stories and proof (copies of e-mails) from some fellow Joefans to ignore the fact that sometimes Smalljoes.com can be shady.

Sorry to hear about it.

SO I have been wanting the G.I. Joe AE #36 Herb Trimpe retailer incentive cover since I first saw it in previews, little did I realize how uncommon they were going to be, most started around $100-150, and are slowly sticking around the $75-90 mark, still too much for a comic so I waited, I noticed SmallJoes.com had some that sold out and they said they should be getting more in soon. FINALLY I check and see they have them in stock at $19.95, I was ecstatic! I ordered 3, one for my friend one for me and another to get cgc graded eventually (like I have my old marvel run #155)

Low and behold I get 3 emails (all had to be ordered seperately for some reason) saying the order was cancelled, no explanation, nothing, I look to see maybe they oversold them and I was too late.........NOPE they raised the price to $39.95!!

Still a good price, but after that crap, no way I will buy from them, or anything from them for that reason.

I wrote a strongly worded letter letting them know my disappointment as I was a customer and do shop from them many times, and have had no problems.

Guess I am still on the look out for this issue!

thanks for the info, I'll go ordering one right now...Still a Great price.

I have ordered many times as well, and have had no problems, but for me this is the principle of the matter.

It is still a good price, but I hate doing business with lowlifes., and if that means waiting longer, so be it.

Their reply:

Well *******, it seems that you and several other greedy people can't
abide by the 1 per customer limit that we've set for the shopping
cart. I've had to cancel about 10 orders over the last two days from
a variety of individuals intentionally placing multiple orders to buy
over the established limit. So, apparently we have no choice but to
either a) pull the product from the site completely or b) raise to
the price to eliminate the desire for secondary market dealers and
scalpers from buying out the inventory and depriving other customers
of the chance to make a purchase. If this is a problem for you, by
all means shop elsewhere.

Yeah, helping the little people by charging more!

Apparantly NO ONE that collects ANYTHING doesn't by multiples for themselves, they must automatically be scalpers.

They could have just as easily cancelled the extra orders and limit it to one, they saw dollar signs...period!

I will not order from them, big bad toy store is a much better place anyways.

oh and how funny is it that it happened RIGHT after I ordered, did they just get one to many multi orders? please!

I've delt with them several times with no issues.

If it was me running, I would have kept one order and canceled the rest.

SMALLJOES may, occasionally, limit quantities of certain products to insure that all collectors get a reasonably fair chance to order the product we offer.

unfortunetly he cancelled ALL of them then raised the price about 10 min after. That is my problem with it, if they kept it at the original price I would have reordered at that price, but won't pay into their greed.

Can't they do something so it won't let you order over the limit?

I'm just laughing at your hideous hypocrisy. You openly admit to not abiding by their conditions (1 per customer) and yet complain they cancelled your entire order. Its perfectly legal for them to do this as you have breached a condition of the contract and you don't have a legal (or moral) leg to stand on.

1 per customer means exactly that. Not 1 for me, one for my brother, one for my neighbour, one for my dog etc - 1 per customer. You know you did the wrong thing - hence the reason you placed multiple orders - to bypass their rule.

Suck it up.:emperor

I agree with cancelling the orders since the rules of ordering 1 were broken, but the raising the prices bit is a bit shady. I wonder if anyone who actually followed the rules and only bought 1 had their order cancelled?

I agree. raising the price seems a touch extreme. They could have just cancelled the other two orders, but..........it's his store, he can do what he likes. There will still be plenty of people willing to pay the higher price.

Or, do the right thing because it's the right thing to do!

I'm just laughing at your hideous hypocrisy. You openly admit to not abiding by their conditions (1 per customer) and yet complain they cancelled your entire order. Its perfectly legal for them to do this as you have breached a condition of the contract and you don't have a legal (or moral) leg to stand on.

1 per customer means exactly that. Not 1 for me, one for my brother, one for my neighbour, one for my dog etc - 1 per customer. You know you did the wrong thing - hence the reason you placed multiple orders - to bypass their rule.

Suck it up.:emperor

This is what it says if you put more than 1 item in your cart:

The quantity of GICOMAE-36-B that you requested exceeds the allowed limit for a shopping cart session. If you require a larger quantity of this item, please contact customer service to make the arrangements.

So they were all ready to make multiple purchases, they saw that I wanted more than one, apparantly others as well and raised the price within minutes of me ordering. I just didn't want to take the time and deal with customer service on the phone, as it usually is a long wait so I paid the extra shipping.

as another member said it is theirs to do as they wish, but it is very shady what they did.

Back