PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow 1/6 Idol Pedestal???

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Check this image out, looks like they'll be offering something like the Dajarek table.

http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Comic_Con_2008/large/hr_Comic-Con_2008_49.jpg

The Mike
07-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Awesome! I'm glad I didn't buy some generic base for Indy already.

galactiboy
07-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Not bad looking, although not sure if I'd bother with it or not. BTW, Indy looks pretty good in that picture... despite the flash.

Shropt
07-23-2008, 12:11 PM
It comes with Belloq.

galactiboy
07-23-2008, 12:12 PM
The whole thing? Are we sure about that...

DarthNeil
07-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Well... I merged Shropt's initial thread with the Belloq thread because the general consensus is that this item will come with Belloq (possibly to make him considerably more attractive to own for Indy fans). I'll leave this thread here (my apologies to Shropt for merging his first thread) but if this indeed is an item that accompanies Belloq we might choose to merge it as well-- or change the title of that thread to Bellow WITH Idol Environment. And as no mention of this was made in the new products I think it's a certainty that it will indeed be somehting that accompanies Belloq.

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Do whatever's best with threads, I haven't followed the Belloq chat too much, I caught the rumor of it being his accessory, but the photo has it near Indy as it should be. I'd be a bit stunned if SSC used something that advantageous for another figure as a ploy to sell another, why bother making Belloq if you can't sell him without a great Indy extra item, just sell the pedistal and not waste resources on Belloq.

creecher
07-23-2008, 12:28 PM
That is one terrible photo. The pedestal looks cheap and nasty and Indy looks just as bad.:monkey4

MANDO
07-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I think both Indy and the pedastel look pretty good. The shot sucks because of the flash.

BadMoon
07-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Yeah I think they both look fantastic if you take the flash into account.

siquisiri
07-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Look good to me.

Darth Madden
07-23-2008, 12:51 PM
No way does that come with Belloq.

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 12:53 PM
The one thing favoring it being with Belloq is the fact it's not on the booth map, if it were solo, surely it'd be on there as it's own item unless it was meant to be a surprise.

BadMoon
07-23-2008, 12:54 PM
The one thing favoring it being with Belloq is the fact it's not on the booth map, if it were solo, surely it'd be on there as it's own item unless it was meant to be a surprise.

Very interesting indeed. :lecture

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Ya, I can't believe they'd save the pedistal for a surprise and show off Vader right away.

I'll probably end up one of the suckers getting Belloq just for the pedistal if it is his accessory.

Darth Madden
07-23-2008, 12:58 PM

True, but I just can't see something that big being an accessory. Maybe it will be the exclusive item and piss a lot of people off. :)

FlyAndFight
07-23-2008, 12:59 PM
I'll probably end up one of the suckers getting Belloq just for the pedistal if it is his accessory.

Same here.

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
True, but I just can't see something that big being an accessory.

Me either, but like I said, they don't mention this last night and do show Vader, doesn't add up.

I still say, if it's Belloq's item, it's a boost sales tactic, and if that's the case, it comes down to why'd you make him if you had so little confidence in him selling on his own merrit.

TheObsoleteMan
07-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Me either, but like I said, they don't mention this last night and do show Vader, doesn't add up.

I still say, if it's Belloq's item, it's a boost sales tactic, and if that's the case, it comes down to why'd you make him if you had so little confidence in him selling on his own merrit.

That's what doesn't make sense to me. The environment itself has nothing to do with Belloq and seems like it would only serve to alienate people who want the environment for their Indy's but not Belloq.

Darth Madden
07-23-2008, 01:09 PM

I was kind of thinking that too. Doesn't show much confidence in Belloq. And it would work on me since I doubt I would get him unless he did come with it.

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Ya, if anything, Belloq in his safari clothes would go with the pedistal maybe, but he's in his Ark clothing.

DarthNeil
07-23-2008, 01:33 PM
That's what doesn't make sense to me. The environment itself has nothing to do with Belloq and seems like it would only serve to alienate people who want the environment for their Indy's but not Belloq.

The environment should go with Belloq and not Indy--- remember... He DID end up with the idol afterall. :lol I think we'll see that in the marketing.:D

metaphorge
07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Ya, I can't believe they'd save the pedistal for a surprise and show off Vader right away.
I'd imagine this decision was partially motivated by getting tired of us ^^^^^ing at them for Vader. If I were Sideshow, I'd give us a peek at Vader ASAP too.

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I'd imagine this decision was partially motivated by getting tired of us ^^^^^ing at them for Vader. If I were Sideshow, I'd give us a peek at Vader ASAP too.

Nah, just the opposite, I'd toy with the people like a cat with a mouse, teach them a lesson for their impatience.

Shropt
07-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Its been confirmed that no other announcements are coming from SCC during SDCC. This pedestal is on display at SDCC. So I think that means this must come with somebody. Maybe half with Indy and half with Belloq?

Wor-Gar
07-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Its been confirmed that no other announcements are coming from SCC during SDCC. This pedestal is on display at SDCC. So I think that means this must come with somebody. Maybe half with Indy and half with Belloq?

Well SDCC is only 4 day so maybe right after....

TOHT!

EVILFACE
07-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Indy looks nice in that shot. Wonder if it is a production?

Wor-Gar
07-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Indy looks nice in that shot. Wonder if it is a production?

Got to be Proto. The shoes and gun holster look way too nice for production.

pjam
07-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Got to be Proto. The shoes and gun holster look way too nice for production.

:lol Ain't it usually the case?

If SSC F's up the paintjob with this Indy (wormy eyebrows, wonky eyes, too dark hair, etc) there will be

Supernatural horrors flowing From this Board, melting their faces to the bone.

:devil :devil :devil :devil

And I mean that.

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, according to CTR, and based on the images, the Idol Pedistal will not be with Belloq and will be a separate item like the Star Wars chess table. It's very specifically put near Indy, and the sheer size is just more than a figure's accessory. Maybe they just haven't posted it on the site, but this should be it's own item thankfully.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2008/SDCC08-SSCIndy-07.jpg

TheObsoleteMan
07-23-2008, 03:51 PM
I thought as much.

SwedishHeat
07-23-2008, 04:00 PM
I'd buy that for a dollar!!

Darth Madden
07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
I'd buy that for a dollar!!

But would you buy it for $60? :)

Agent0028
07-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Yeah that looks way to big to come as an exclusive. If I keep my Indy, I'll get one.

galactiboy
07-23-2008, 05:39 PM
While its nice, I still don't think I'd lay down $$$ for it. I bought the Chess table, only to sell it later after it sat in its box for a few months :lol

Darklord Dave
07-23-2008, 05:43 PM
The pedestal DOES come with Belloq.

Cryoguns
07-23-2008, 05:44 PM
I tink it looks great! I had thought about making something like this for my Indy, but this looks MUCH nicer.

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 05:45 PM

That's ^^^^ty.

pjam
07-23-2008, 05:46 PM

Whoa!

If true that is precedent setting for SSC to include such a large enviromnemt piece with a 12" Fig. Have they ever done something like this before?

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Highly unlikely, but if anyone wants Belloq and not the idol dio, let me know, I'm going to order one but I don't care much about holding onto Belloq.

Wor-Gar
07-23-2008, 05:48 PM

That's probably how many people here will view it -- the pedestal comes with a Belloq, rather than the other way around.

For me, and you know me, I'm stoked about Belloq.

Wor-Gar
07-23-2008, 05:50 PM
I don't care much about holding onto Belloq.

FOOL!

He'll go great with TOHT and DIETRICH and the ark crate!

Agent0028
07-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Well I guess I won't be getting the pedestool then. Seems like an odd move to make it come with Belloq. I would rather have this for Indy than the torch and dart. Of course I suppose depending on the price I could always get it anyways (I'll just look at it like getting a free Belloq with the pedestool).

:lol I swear I was typing my final statement as Wor-Gar was posting his. Great minds, eh?

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Indy's a property that'll be going the way of choosey for me. I love the movies, but as far as collectibles, with so many other properties I like being made, I'm going to stick with certain characters and representations in the Indy line, and Belloq in a suit doesn't draw me in to keeping him.

scubasteve
07-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Looks great. Will it come with yet another 1:6 Idol??

Bonehead15
07-23-2008, 06:29 PM

UGH!!!:monkey1

Well I guess I'm getting Belloq now wether I want him or not. :rolleyes:

galactiboy
07-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Highly unlikely, but if anyone wants Belloq and not the idol dio, let me know, I'm going to order one but I don't care much about holding onto Belloq.

Hmmm... I might take you up on that. Not really interested in the Pedestal, but if I could get a cheap(er) Belloq that might be cool.

TheObsoleteMan
07-23-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm curious to see this cost on this. I still can't wrap my head around it, such a bizarre move.

galactiboy
07-23-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm curious to see this cost on this. I still can't wrap my head around it, such a bizarre move.

It really is... a pack-in larger than the figure. And its not even like you see him near the pedestal and when he takes he idol from Indy he's in a different outfit?

MaulFan
07-23-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm guessing this is around $120-$140, 2 pack cost.

I stand behind my statement earlier. It feels like pairing these two is to get people to buy Belloq, I'm sure overall, more folks will want the dio for their Indy figures than the Belloq figure. So the curiousity I have is, why make the Belloq and not just do figures that could sell on their own merrit and release the dio like the holochess set for Star Wars. It's a very intriguing play on SSC's part with this one.

The Mike
07-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Whoa!

If true that is precedent setting for SSC to include such a large environmemt piece with a 12" Fig. Have they ever done something like this before?

They haven't but if this does well it says volumes about the possibility of an Emperor with an Exclusive Throne in the SW 1/6 line.

galactiboy
07-23-2008, 07:53 PM
They haven't but if this does well it says volumes about the possibility of an Emperor with an Exclusive Throne in the SW 1/6 line.

I like the way you're thinking!

TheObsoleteMan
07-23-2008, 07:56 PM

If it follows the same pattern, the throne will come with Endor Luke.

Agent0028
07-23-2008, 07:57 PM
When Sideshow first announced the 12" license I envisioned doing my own dio of a Palpatine on throne flanked by two royal guards with Vader kneeling before him flanked by two stormtroopers. But then I got in to PF and they took all my space.

Darth Waller
07-23-2008, 07:58 PM

:lol :rotfl :lol

Agent0028
07-23-2008, 07:58 PM

No because Luke was actually in scenes with the throne, it'll come with Endor Han or Leia.

papa-alpha-charlie
07-23-2008, 08:28 PM
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=5152

if you hold your cursor over the picture the alt text says-

Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark - Belloq 12-inch Figure with Exclusive Idol Chamber Environment

EVILFACE
07-23-2008, 08:32 PM
That is odd for that version of Belloq to come with the idol stand. Maybe if he was wearing the clothes he was at the begining of the movie, it would be fine.

Spartan Rex
07-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Very poor move on SS's part.
If Belloq had a stronger resemblance to Paul Freeman he wouldnt need the added inducement of the pedestal. They couldnt even get his gray hair right, geesh rent the flick next time.

FlyAndFight
07-23-2008, 08:53 PM
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2008/SDCC08-SSCIndy-07.jpg

It looks fantastic. :rock

Any chance that the "mechanic" figure will come with the "Flying Wing"?... ;)

creecher
07-23-2008, 09:08 PM
That is one terrible photo. The pedestal looks cheap and nasty and Indy looks just as bad.:monkey4
I'll have to take back what I said about the pedestal. It doesn't look like foam in that pic and looks quite good.

Indy still doesn't resemble Ford. Can the paint be that bad? So I'm out. Not interested in another Relic Hunter. Maybe they'll make good on another version. It really is a shame they took, what looked to be, a fantastic sculpt and turned it into whomever that is. I'm f'un disgusted. Sorry, no, just disgusted. Not falling for that custard joke. :monkey5

Darth Madden
07-23-2008, 09:16 PM
He is going to be about $120 with that pedestal... ugh.

Wor-Gar
07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I could have sworn that after Toht and Mola Ram, Belloq was the next villain everyone wanted. In fact for a while on the poll, Belloq was winning. Now we get the pedestal AND Belloq.

Why so serious? :D

King Darkness
07-23-2008, 09:22 PM
I would have bought the stand, but I dont want the figure.

It will get parted out I am sure, I can get the stand that way.

Weird decision on SSs part.

EVILFACE
07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
I'll have to take back what I said about the pedestal. It doesn't look like foam in that pic and looks quite good.

Indy still doesn't resemble Ford. Can the paint be that bad? So I'm out. Not interested in another Relic Hunter. Maybe they'll make good on another version. It really is a shame they took, what looked to be, a fantastic sculpt and turned it into whomever that is. I'm f'un disgusted. Sorry, no, just disgusted. Not falling for that custard joke. :monkey5

Indy's paint will prolly be done like Clone Armor Kenobi, whos paint aps look fantastic.

FlyAndFight
07-24-2008, 07:04 AM
My Indy is getting a repaint, regardless. There's no way I'm going to let Trev's fantastic sculpt stay with a factory paint application.

customizerwannabe
07-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Belloq will be turned inot a zombie in my 1/6 world. The white suit will look quite choice with blood splatters.

Kuzeh
07-24-2008, 08:26 AM
I would have bought the stand, but I dont want the figure.

It will get parted out I am sure, I can get the stand that way.

Weird decision on SSs part.

I agree... very shady move here SS...

galactiboy
07-24-2008, 08:41 AM
My Indy is getting a repaint, regardless. There's no way I'm going to let Trev's fantastic sculpt stay with a factory paint application.

Well if Evil's right and its a cast head it could look very similar to that PS mock-up we had awhile back. Seems like figures on the Pro have painted proto's since they are on an early casting... at some point they'll need to start showing the proto with a cast head as well.

Darth Waller
07-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Well if Evil's right and its a cast head it could look very similar to that PS mock-up we had awhile back. Seems like figures on the Pro have painted proto's since they are on an early casting... at some point they'll need to start showing the proto with a cast head as well.

It's only fair we get to see a proto closer to the final product, so they need to start showing us the cast head.

galactiboy
07-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I wonder if it was a later decision to go with cast color heads... seems like that would be more of a selling point that they would want to advertise early on.

jedibear
07-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Poor SS...they can't win for losing sometimes.

They want to offer a key character that, while important to the collection (he is Indy's ROTA nemesis after all) is still a character that's basically just a guy in a suit.

They probably had the same thoughts when it came to offering Palpatine,,,how can we jazz up this release which is basically just an old guy in a red dress? Viola! Two-pack him with his bad-ass alter ego! Great solution, everybody loved it.

With Belloq, they could have gone with a 2 pack (white suit/ceremonial robes) but instead go for something that will end up adding great display value to the Indy ROTA collection...the idol stand environment.

I think it's pretty inspired, actually. I love the idea the Sideshow is actually thinking outside the box to offer some variety in this collection.

ProgMatinee
07-24-2008, 09:44 AM
I think it's pretty inspired, actually. I love the idea the Sideshow is actually thinking outside the box to offer some variety in this collection.

I have to agree. IMO nothing wrong with a little creativity in delivering items.

MaulFan
07-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Just caught a video on the Indy stuff. Not only does it come with Belloq, but it's the Sideshow Exclusive item, doesn't come with the regular figure. This has to be the most critical Ex. piece ever from them.

Darth Waller
07-24-2008, 09:59 AM
I have a feeling he'll have a high ES.

Agent0028
07-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Always the voice of reason JediBear, you make good points. (It's still rather disappointing though)

shaun-o
07-24-2008, 10:07 AM

They want to offer a key character that, while important to the collection (he is Indy's ROTA nemesis after all) is still a character that's basically just a guy in a suit.

They probably had the same thoughts when it came to offering Palpatine,,,how can we jazz up this release which is basically just an old guy in a red dress? Viola! Two-pack him with his bad-ass alter ego! Great solution, everybody loved it.

With Belloq, they could have gone with a 2 pack (white suit/ceremonial robes) but instead go for something that will end up adding great display value to the Indy ROTA collection...the idol stand environment.

:lecture I was gonna order them either way.

galactiboy
07-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Just caught a video on the Indy stuff. Not only does it come with Belloq, but it's the Sideshow Exclusive item, doesn't come with the regular figure. This has to be the most critical Ex. piece ever from them.

Yeah, but you'll also be paying an extra $40 or $50 for it... so kind of an odd move IMO. Might as well just sell it seperately and include some extra clothing items to give him the dig outfit.

ProgMatinee
07-24-2008, 11:21 AM
The Belloq figure I was 50/50 on. He's nonessential, but not totally a waste of space on my shelf either.

So honestly, the idol display tipped me in the direction of being okay with him.

SwedishHeat
07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I just want to know what the price is, then I can make a final decision. If it's $120, I might go for it, as I could probably sell Belloq for $40, maybe $50. And that pedestal for $60-70 ain't bad.

FlyAndFight
07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
The Belloq figure I was 50/50 on. He's nonessential, but not totally a waste of space on my shelf either.

So honestly, the idol display tipped me in the direction of being okay with him.

Same here. I definitely don't see myself being a completist in the Indy line but now Belloq is a must-have. He may eventually end up on the shelf, sold or traded but that pedestal cannot be passed on.

MaulFan
07-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Same here. I definitely don't see myself being a completist in the Indy line but now Belloq is a must-have. He may eventually end up on the shelf, sold or traded but that pedestal cannot be passed on.

Hell no, as soon as I finally saw Indy movies a few months ago, my first thought was SSC should do the idol pedistal because it's size would be like the holochess set. I'm psyched they've done, just wish it were handled a different way.

Les Walker
07-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Looks pretty cool to me!

Jango56031
07-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Has SS officially announce the pedestal is coming with Bellog? Or is it just our speculation? I really don't see them putting them together. It just doesn't make sense at all. Perhaps the extra piece of floor shown in the picture is what comes with bellog but still doesn't add up.

shaun-o
07-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Has SS officially announce the pedestal is coming with Bellog? Or is it just our speculation? I really don't see them putting them together. It just doesn't make sense at all. Perhaps the extra piece of floor shown in the picture is what comes with bellog but still doesn't add up.

It was confirmed in one of the videos.

MaulFan
07-24-2008, 01:31 PM

It's stated right in the Sideshow SDCC video of the Indy display, there's the regular edition of Belloq that is just the figure and the idol pedistal is the Sideshow Exclusive item.

aussieinnyc
07-24-2008, 01:58 PM

I agree with the sentiment behind what you're saying, but when you look at how long we've waited to hear about what the next Indy release would be, it's a big disappointment that all we're getting is "just a guy in a suit". I think my main worry is that SS have not been as strong in the support and delivery of this line as they might have been, and offering Belloq might kill the line whereas someone with a bit more of a "look" to them (eg Toht, Mola Ram, Henry Snr, etc) may be more likely to keep it going.

DarthNeil
07-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Greatest

Exclusive

Ever.

:whip:D

Darth Waller
07-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Paired with the...

Worst

Figure

Ever.

:whip ;)

MaulFan
07-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Paired with the...

Worst

Figure

Ever.

:whip ;)

Nahh, if you're a hardcore Raiders fan/collector, I can't see you not wanting Belloq in your collection.

Belloq is probably not a great choice for a line made up of folks like myself who will just get standout figures here and there along with hardcores that'll get it all, and I think SSC knows it since they've made such a must have exclusive, it'll sell him.

Darth Waller
07-24-2008, 04:00 PM
I was kidding about Belloq being the worst. I think Short Round qualifies for that.

Blank
07-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Considering the exclusive Belloq is much higher priced than the regular version I think it's pretty lame of Sideshow to put the pedestal with Belloq. They're forcing everyone that only wants the pedestal to spend an extra $80 on a figure they don't want and really doesn't have anything to do with the pedestal. Sideshow's prices are high enough that they shouldn't have to stoop to underhanded tricks like this!

The Idol pedestal should be sold separately like the sabacc table and jabba's throne was!

This is a lousy way to treat such loyal customers!

shaun-o
07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Belloq is a must have for me and the pedestal is the icing on the cake. Believe me I'm in no way a completest of any line unless it's an important character. Belloq, like it or not was Indy's biggest foe in Raiders. The throne is not that important, but a nice extra. Seriously, Sideshow doesn't own us anything, especially when all they hear is whining.

rentu
07-24-2008, 06:23 PM
The figure is available seperately from the base i think it was $69.99, not positive as i didn't order that. Figure with base is $139.99...got my invoice right in front of me :) Not sure I would have ordered the figure alone but the exclusive sold if for me all the way, gonna make for a great display piece for the figures.

Blank
07-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Then it should be $70 for Belloq and $70 for the pedestal. There's no reason why the pedestal should only be sold with Belloq except that Sideshow is being greedy and wants to force us to buy a figure that they don't think will sell good enough on it's own.

Unless I'm wrong Exclusives were always a small extra item and they were the same price as the regular edition. I don't like this new direction!

DarthNeil
07-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Then it should be $70 for Belloq and $70 for the pedestal. There's no reason why the pedestal should only be sold with Belloq except that Sideshow is being greedy and wants to force us to buy a figure that they don't think will sell good enough on it's own.

Unless I'm wrong Exclusives were always a small extra item and they were the same price as the regular edition. I don't like this new direction!

I DO like it. We're finally getting 1/6 environments that are perfect for dios and on top of that the line is continuing...

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Darklord Dave
07-24-2008, 07:41 PM
The exclusive Belloq with the pedestal is $140. I believe Belloq on his own is $80.

Consider this - SSC does not have the license for diorama pieces for Indiana Jones. So the ONLY way to offer the pedestal is to include it with a figure.

So think about it before complaining too much about getting a 1/6 idol pedestal!

And judging to the reaction to Belloq, I guess the Indy license will live and die with just Indy. If there's no support for secondary characters then they won't make them.

pixletwin
07-24-2008, 07:44 PM
What don't get is why Toht was not the second figure. I think Belloq looks like a great figure but it is so spartan and not the most interesting visually.

BadMoon
07-24-2008, 07:46 PM
The exclusive Belloq with the pedestal is $140. I believe Belloq on his own is $80.

Consider this - SSC does not have the license for diorama pieces for Indiana Jones. So the ONLY way to offer the pedestal is to include it with a figure.

So think about it before complaining too much about getting a 1/6 idol pedestal!

And judging to the reaction to Belloq, I guess the Indy license will live and die with just Indy. If there's no support for secondary characters then they won't make them.

I will buy this figure as long as I get the pedestal. I really think this line should die after that. Wait though give us Mola Ram first! Then kill it!

King Darkness
07-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Well, if Sideshow was gonna use the next figure after Indy to make or break the line, the least they could have done was make a more interesting character. I mean really, he is just a guy in a suit!

King Darkness
07-24-2008, 07:48 PM
And actually I am fine with the line dying, all I really wanted was Indy, so I am happy.

BadMoon
07-24-2008, 07:49 PM
And actually I am fine with the line dying, all I really wanted was Indy, so I am happy.

Me too but damn that pedestal is a must have for me.

TheObsoleteMan
07-24-2008, 07:50 PM

A licensing issue never even occurred to me. I still don't get why it's packed with this version of Belloq, but at least now I understand why they're packing a large environment piece in with a figure.

EVILFACE
07-24-2008, 07:50 PM
What don't get is why Toht was not the second figure. I think Belloq looks like a great figure but it is so spartan and not the most interesting visually.

Cause Belloq is the main villain, not Toht. Belloq is Indy's opposite.

If Belloq is just a guy in a suit, then Toht is just some guy in a black coat with a burned hand.

King Darkness
07-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Me too but damn that pedestal is a must have for me.

Yeah, I really do want it. I'm sure once these start to ship out it wont be that hard to find just the pedestal.

BadMoon
07-24-2008, 07:51 PM

If Belloq is just a guy in a suit, then Toht is just some guy in a black coat with a burned hand.

That is nerdy looking and has a speach problem. :lecture Come on guys!

Darth Waller
07-24-2008, 07:54 PM
How about exclusive Belloq with the idol environment and regular Belloq with the ceremonial outfit. Win-win situation for Sideshow!

Darklord Dave
07-24-2008, 07:57 PM
How about exclusive Belloq with the idol environment and regular Belloq with the ceremonial outfit. Win-win situation for Sideshow!

Which is a completely different figure that would take it's own development time. That's a pretty elaborate costume.

If they had released the pith helmet Belloq with the environment (which is the costume that makes sense) then people would complain that it's not the iconic white suit.

TheObsoleteMan
07-24-2008, 07:59 PM
If they had released the pith helmet Belloq with the environment (which is the costume that makes sense) then people would complain that it's not the iconic white suit.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like people are exactly going crazy over the suit. I think the safari outfit might've been more visually interesting.

EVILFACE
07-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't know, it doesn't seem like people are exactly going crazy over the suit. I think the safari outfit might've been more visually interesting.

People here are not the only people that buy stuff.

Blank
07-24-2008, 08:16 PM

Of course they HAVE the license to make diorama pieces. They are making diorama pieces and charging money for them. Do you honestly think there is some loophole in a lucasfilm licensing agreement that you can make pieces you don't have permission to if you pack it with a piece you do have permission to make and charge more for it?

Entropy
07-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Of the 3 Belloq costumes I prefer the white suit version just a tad more than the ceremonial version. I would've hated the pith hat one so at least there's that. I doubt this figure would sell without the idol exclusive, and SS prolly figured the same. I wish the pedestal was packed with a character I really wanted such as Marion or Toht, but at least it isn't with Monkey Man or Satipo.

I would've preferred the pedestal separately of course, and do feel somewhat duped into getting a figure I didn't want, but I've resigned myself that Belloq will join the collection and I'll be paying $150 for the pedestal with a figure accessory. Maybe I'll use the Pro body for some kind of custom figure or just sell Belloq.

Darth Madden
07-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Maybe I'll use the Pro body for some kind of custom figure or just sell Belloq.

I have a feeling there will be a LOT of these on ebay. Why even bother offering the regular.

Entropy
07-24-2008, 08:23 PM
I have a feeling there will be a LOT of these on ebay. Why even bother offering the regular.

Yeah. It'd had very little resale value if it were on the Buck. People will buy the unwanted Belloqs for the Pro body at least, but prolly no more than $40-50 I'm guessing. :rolleyes:

pixletwin
07-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Belloq may have been the main villain, but Toht was the one that scared the crap out of me as a kid. I am pretty sure I am not alone in that aspect.

EVILFACE
07-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Guy with a coat hanger scary? Mommie Dearest must be off limits then :P

pixletwin
07-24-2008, 10:15 PM
http://www.lazydork.com/movies/mommiedearest.jpg

:lol

Darklord Dave
07-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Of course they HAVE the license to make diorama pieces. They are making diorama pieces and charging money for them. Do you honestly think there is some loophole in a lucasfilm licensing agreement that you can make pieces you don't have permission to if you pack it with a piece you do have permission to make and charge more for it?

Feel free to not believe me. :rolleyes:

EVILFACE
07-25-2008, 01:56 AM

Ban the Infidel!!!!!!!!!!

Trevolver
07-25-2008, 02:17 AM
yeah...licensing is crazy... I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were true.

Trev

Blank
07-25-2008, 07:44 AM

I'm not trying to start a fight. I'm sure they don't have a diorama license in the sence of a statue like they do with Jurrasic park and star wars but the Idol pedestal falls under the catogory of 1/6 accessory and the fact that their making it and it was approved by Lucasfilm proves they have permission to sell it.

My point is I hate that they're forcing us to buy a figure we may not like just to buy a piece we do. I pedestal isn't a free exclusive item. You're paying for Belloq and your paying extra for the Pedestal. It should be available separate like the Sabacc table was.

If Sideshow sees no one minds this then they will continue to do it. With Sideshow's history of making obscure characters you if you want an Arabian Horse you might have to pay $80 more because it'll come with the smiling guy with a knife that Marion hits with a frying pan.:D

shaun-o
07-25-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm not trying to start a fight. I'm sure they don't have a diorama license in the sence of a statue like they do with Jurrasic park and star wars but the Idol pedestal falls under the catogory of 1/6 accessory and the fact that their making it and it was approved by Lucasfilm proves they have permission to sell it.

My point is I hate that they're forcing us to buy a figure we may not like just to buy a piece we do. I pedestal isn't a free exclusive item. You're paying for Belloq and your paying extra for the Pedestal. It should be available separate like the Sabacc table was.

If Sideshow sees no one minds this then they will continue to do it. With Sideshow's history of making obscure characters you if you want an Arabian Horse you might have to pay $80 more because it'll come with the smiling guy with a knife that Marion hits with a frying pan.:D

I don't think they're forcing us to buy anything. You either buy it or you don't. BTW welcome to the board and...
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/lowmanshaun/stfu_noob_dogs_jpg_w300h225.jpg

I feel better now.:peace

Blank
07-25-2008, 08:32 AM
I don't think they're forcing us to buy anything. You either buy it or you don't. BTW welcome to the board and...
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/lowmanshaun/stfu_noob_dogs_jpg_w300h225.jpg

I feel better now.:peace

If you want to buy a idol pedestal THEY ARE FORCING you to buy the Belloq. I've been a member of this board for over a year and lurking for longer. Are you suppose to be the scary German Shepard of the freaks board?

I see Sideshow can do no wrong in the eyes of some.

shaun-o
07-25-2008, 08:38 AM
If you want to buy a idol pedestal THEY ARE FORCING you to buy the Belloq. I've been a member of this board for over a year and lurking for longer. Are you suppose to be the scary German Shepard of the freaks board?

I see Sideshow can do no wrong in the eyes of some.
Let's agree to disagree. Have a nice weekend.
:peace OUT!

thedarkknight
07-25-2008, 08:56 AM

:clap

I'm sick of people complaining about Belloq. It's getting like a Star Wars thread.

Darth Waller
07-25-2008, 09:01 AM
He's up for order.

Memnoch
07-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Got my Belloq and my Cobra Commander.

Darth Waller
07-25-2008, 09:06 AM
I still can't anything ordered. WTF?

screamingmetal
07-25-2008, 09:07 AM
I got a Belloq with Idol Pedestal!
Not sure if I'll keep it though, Belloq could look a lot better.

MrE
07-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Got Belloq with pedestal.

Im happy and as stated above nobody is holding a gun to your head to buy it!

Either you buy it or you dont, I'm sure Sideshow wont mind as theres always someone else that will take your place.

uc7
07-25-2008, 09:40 AM
I got a Belloq with Idol Pedestal!
Not sure if I'll keep it though, Belloq could look a lot better.

I got one also..

but it's strange..

I bought the Idol Pedestal and got an accessory Belloq. :rolleyes:

BadMoon
07-25-2008, 09:41 AM
This is still going to be bad ass when we can pose Indy going for the idol. :whip

DarthNeil
07-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Pedestal and Belloq acquired-- Happy with both.:D

MrE
07-25-2008, 09:47 AM
This is still going to be bad ass when we can pose Indy going for the idol. :whip

Thats why I went for it to be honest

Seaward
07-25-2008, 09:59 AM
With Belloq as the second figure, I am not sure how many other characters I might get, but this will certainly make a great display for Indy, especially as a stand-alone figure

screamingmetal
07-25-2008, 10:14 AM
I got one also..

but it's strange..

I bought the Idol Pedestal and got an accessory Belloq. :rolleyes:

That's how I'm trying to look at it, but it's not easy.
The figure is a good buy as a stand alone guy in suit, but as Rene Belloq, it's a little disappointing.

uc7
07-25-2008, 10:18 AM

The more people begin to picture this pose in their minds, the more will order this item.

Darth Madden
07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Well.. I got my pedestal... not sure what I'll do with Belloq though.

Migwit
07-25-2008, 10:40 AM
I like Belloq in the white suit and LOVE the pedestal, so the package deal is awesome for me. Ordered!!! :whip :gun

uc7
07-25-2008, 10:41 AM
It will be interesting to see how many "loose Belloqs" appear on the Bay.

screamingmetal
07-25-2008, 10:43 AM

It actually makes perfect sense now, Gentle Giant has the License to sell standalone Dioramas of any scale. The only way Sideshow can offer this is as an accessory to a figure.

At least they made a 1:6 scale Idol Pedestal available to own in some way.

uc7
07-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I bet that Sallah comes with the ark.

..so that you can pose Indy and Sallah carrying it.

Darth Waller
07-25-2008, 11:55 AM
It will be interesting to see how many "loose Belloqs" appear on the Bay.

I'm sure some customizers on this board can make him part of the Dead line with a few modifications. :naughty

foolkiller
07-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Awesome pedestal but Belloq wasn't even in the scene just the one after it. And that wasn't the outfit he was wearing, strange but cool.

siquisiri
07-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Im an Indy die-hard.I got mine on pre-order.

Bonehead15
07-25-2008, 02:09 PM
At least they made a 1:6 scale Idol Pedestal available to own in some way.

I think that's the most important thing here.

At least SS realized that a 1:6 Idol pedestal was essential to the line so they found a way to release one.

I just think this would have been a great exclusive for the 1/6 Raiders Indy instead of Belloq. I'm not complaing though, I just glad I'm getting a 1:6 pedestal.

tylerd
07-25-2008, 02:33 PM
now begins the arc speculation. which figure will be offered with the arc? maybe this is the start of a new trend. purchasing the accessory with an inconsequential figure included. :lol

El Skutto
07-25-2008, 03:48 PM
I bet that Sallah comes with the ark.

..so that you can pose Indy and Sallah carrying it.

^^I'm with uc7 on that one. I mean, what else can they give him as accessories? Shovel? Check. Torch? Check. Uhhh...bowl of dates? :confused:

customizerwannabe
07-25-2008, 04:05 PM
now begins the arc speculation. which figure will be offered with the arc? maybe this is the start of a new trend. purchasing the accessory with an inconsequential figure included. :lol

That's actually a pretty good marketing idea. Get one inconsequential figure, and it conditions you to thinking it isn't so bad to buy more of them as long as they keep throwing in a cookie.

SimFeliz
07-25-2008, 04:27 PM
I only ever planned to get Indy in this line. I the Idol Pedestal would of been nice to display him with. I'm tempted to just order, but too much money just for that. Oh well it's not like I have to have it.

I have to hand it to SSC I do think it was a good idea. I would like to see some of the other lines do it now and then.

jason2885
07-25-2008, 04:27 PM
I hope Sideshow continues to do this with more figures. I really want an ark and if this is the only way I can get one that is fine by me.

customizerwannabe
07-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Yep. They could throw me Marion in the white gown http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/2199_barfing.gifand I'd buy it if there was an Ark.

Darren Carnall
07-25-2008, 06:40 PM
well, I haven't ordered anything direct from the SS site for several years now (I'm in the UK and it's usually much cheaper to get it from the local comic store or online) but if the only way to get this Idol dio is to buy the Ex. Belloschhh...... (and I really don't have the time to sculpt one myself) .... then I am there.

In fact, I just put my order in.

I'm sure I'll give Belloq a good old repaint and a tweak and make him look better. Either sell him on or find a good pose for the times when I want to change my Indy display. (and he did have some of the GREAT lines from Raiders)

I don't get all the negativity about him though.... he may not have been as 'comic book bad guy' as the German..... but he WAS Indy's equal.... and as far as I'm concerned he was a big part of that film. :)

customizerwannabe
07-25-2008, 07:24 PM
I love the character and would be excited to get the figure if the sculpt didn't suck.

icruise
07-26-2008, 06:46 PM
I love the character and would be excited to get the figure if the sculpt didn't suck.

Ditto. I don't see many people being negative about the character. It's just that this is the worst likeness I've seen on a Sideshow product in a long time.

SwedishHeat
07-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Well, the Ark is an accessory and not a diorama, so it wouldn't need to be included with another figure.

The Craw
07-27-2008, 01:11 PM
just thought id say how lame this idea is. i really only want an indy 1/6 figure. i dont want belloq or any other character for that matter. but maybe i would've liked an idol pedastal.:monkey2

DarthNeil
07-27-2008, 02:09 PM
just thought id say how lame this idea is. i really only want an indy 1/6 figure. i dont want belloq or any other character for that matter. but maybe i would've liked an idol pedastal.:monkey2

I think the idea rocks and I hope it moves to others licenses as well... Greedo with Cantina booth... etc...

I understand the perturbed sense if you only wanted a pedestal but at the beginning of a line you want to see as much "stuff" as possible with each release.:whip

Darklord Dave
07-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Well, the Ark is an accessory and not a diorama, so it wouldn't need to be included with another figure.

Actually other companies have the license for the Ark as scaled prop replica, so they'd most likely have to include it as an accessory with a figure in order to sell a 1:6 one.

Memnoch
07-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Actually other companies have the license for the Ark as scaled prop replica, so they'd most likely have to include it as an accessory with a figure in order to sell a 1:6 one.

And my vote immediately goes to Sallah.

DarthNeil
07-27-2008, 02:40 PM
And my vote immediately goes to Sallah.

Nice call.:gun

sladesuperagent
07-30-2008, 04:02 PM
I think that's the most important thing here.

At least SS realized that a 1:6 Idol pedestal was essential to the line so they found a way to release one.

I just think this would have been a great exclusive for the 1/6 Raiders Indy instead of Belloq. I'm not complaing though, I just glad I'm getting a 1:6 pedestal.

Agreed. Like I said in the Belloq thread, BOTH pieces along Indy and the Hasbro Ark will just round out my Raiders Detolf shelf. And I also agree that Sallah comes next!

Indiana Fett
07-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Agreed. Like I said in the Belloq thread, BOTH pieces along Indy and the Hasbro Ark will just round out my Raiders Detolf shelf. And I also agree that Sallah comes next!

Sallah with EXCLUSIVE map room environment! :rock

or will they save that for "Map Room Indy"?

So Sallah with "unearthing the ark of the covenant" diorama! :rock

http://www.theraider.net/films/raiders/gallery/dvdscreenshots/253.jpg