Is this a recast or the real thing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shutup John. :gun

captain-james-t-kirk-awesome1.jpg

Christ, this guy is a ^^^^ing idiot. "Of course new condition" WTF??!! It has a huge crack in the base! I love people on the internet.

Stupid thing is, if he got it from Sideshow, it probably could have been replaced. Don't know for sure since it is a bronze, but still.

That has to be a recast, the Sideshow pictures aren't even close to that coloring. If thats how they really did turn out (as compared to the pictures) I would be pissed as hell if I bought one.

I don't think that's a crack in the base. It looks like a vein in the marble.

Ah, didn't know the base was marble. I guess I could see that.

But should a bronze, well, look bronze? This looks like he just left it outside to weather and get the oxidized green color. The Rocky bronze looks much, much better IMO.

That has to be a recast, the Sideshow pictures aren't even close to that coloring. If thats how they really did turn out (as compared to the pictures) I would be pissed as hell if I bought one.

Bronze often ages and gets green just like that, though. It just needs to be polished and treated.

Still, even if this is real that crack on the base makes it a joke for that price.

Bronze often ages and gets green just like that, though. It just needs to be polished and treated.

Huh, not owning anything thats "real" bronze I didn't know that so thats good info (although I guess isn't the Statue of Liberty bronze and thats looking a bit raggid too.) I guess it could be legit but you would think he would at least clean it up since it looks like crap.

I agree that it's a vein in the marble, and that the bronze has become discolored. But I've never understood the appeal of this piece -- certainly not for that price.

Back