Amoktime Boris Karloff 12 inch figure!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be a great figure, but I definately have to see pics first. I haven't been impressed with Amoktime's 1:6 stuff so far.

Ironman posted links to a pic in his Amok Time thread in the general section. Looked pretty good, but at the time I didn't realize who it was since there was no marker. But a good likeness and the suit he was wearing looked very well made.

Here ya go. Not a bad Vincent sticking his head out there as well.

TpyFair2008-028.jpg

I was surprised to see the Pit & the Pendulum statue -- it's from William Paquet's garage kit, and the paint looks very similar to the way Thad Rhodes did this one for me (Thad's photos, not mine):

pit01.jpg

pit02.jpg

pit03-1.jpg

The kit came in an earlier version with the cauldron perched atop a stone block. Thad dremeled a channel in the leg of the stool on mine and ran a wire into the base of the cauldron with an LED. The battery is in the bottom of the base, and he put a switch on the back of the base. It's completely invisible. I wonder if the statue will have the cauldron just sitting on the ground like in the AmokTime photo.

I was in for the AmokTime Karloff figure the day it went up. Whatever customizing it takes to bring him up to Sideshow quality, he'll be a great addition to my Sideshow vintage monster display. Or three additions. Three heads!

uni monsters is a license, Boris's estate approves his likeness.... both are separerate things. When Sideshow did Frank, they had both...

They are all different sculpts. But they are very subtle changes in each. Probably one original sculpt that got altered for each different age. Looks OK, but not great.

Yeah, kind of a so-so figure. Also, I guess just having a figure of an actor doesn't really interest me as much as having the Frankenstein or Mummy figure.

A Mask Of Fu Manchu, The Body Snatcher or The Black Cat would be other ideal iconic Karloff figures as I think most collectors would respond better to 'in character' representations then simply the man himself. A figure like this does open the door to kitbash possibilities for the more adventurous however.

Back