Grievous Bodily Harm!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big al

Shut the ^^^^^k up Donny!
Reaction score
011.jpg

This is the damage that was nearly done to my head...
By this:
009.jpg

I was moving one of my Detolfs away from the wall to put up a shelf, and didnt realise he was slightly stood on the one i was moving.
DSC00107.jpg

I have managed to put some parts back together, though some I have no idea about.
DSC00106.jpg

The parts I can't quite figure out where they go:
008.jpg

Hopefully I will be able to claim on my house insurance and get a new one sorted out.
WHen it first happened I could have cried, though looking at it now, its a good job it fell to the side, a bit further back and it would have hit my flatscreen tv, a couple of inches to the side of that, it could have hit into my detolf, Or another couple of feet and it would have fallen smack on my head, as I was on my knees moving the one cabinet...thats why I didn't realise it was on the top.
Oh the humanity!!!

Oh the horror! I'm sure some pretty words flew from your lips when this happened. Those pictures are gasp-inducing! Glad no one was hurt...

I'd hang on to the pieces for a while...who knows? maybe some customizer would be interested or someone needing just one small piece for a repair...

Oh the horror! I'm sure some pretty words flew from your lips when this happened. Those pictures are gasp-inducing! Glad no one was hurt...

I'd hang on to the pieces for a while...who knows? maybe some customizer would be interested or someone needing just one small piece for a repair...

I.m not going to throw it, I have fixed some pieces to a good standard, and I still have him on display, though If insurance company do pay out i'll sell it on to a customizer, or someone who knows how to fix a piece like this, if im lucky I may even be able to sort an exclusive as a replacement (crosses fingers!)

that blows, majorly. :monkey4

actually i just came up fom my basement where i was attempting to repair my Obi PF...it fell too and snapped the foot off at the ankle, which is easily fixed without anyone noticing but it snapped the wires that run through his leg that connect to the base that light the lightsaber up. and it isn't the same when the lightsaber won't light up. well with a hacksaw, drill, some replacment wire and some patience I fixed it and was about to glue the ankle back on but the lightsaber broke off(well the metal plug at the bottom of the lightsaber where it fits into his hands) and now I give up.

anyone have an extra Obi PF lightsaber?

Wow, that is terrible Al. It's a good thing it didn't damage anything else, especially your head. That would not be good. :google

If you end up wanting to try to fix it, let me know. I've had to repair several PF statues in my day, so I'd be keen to try my hand on Grievous here. It's horrible to see such an awesome item damaged like that. :monkey2

i hate when figures commit poly-cide.......ive had a few take the dive but were all fairly minor repairs. that looks good & effed but i hope your insurance does cover that. you did say that your greivious fell onto your brand new 52" hi def plasma screen right?...:monkey3

Glad you weren't harmed, but that sucks about Gen. Grievous. :(

JS :monkey2

:monkey2Thats the sadest thing I've seen all week! Sorry for the lose.. glad nothing too serious!

Man, thats my worst nightmare. A high priced collectible meeting such a horrible demise:monkey2

If it were me I would have wanted it to smash me on the head, that way I would learn to look around before I start moving ****. And maybe the shock and trauma of a serious head wound would lessen the pain of losing a cherished collection piece.

Torch 'em and make a movie accurate diorama ....

if only for a few minutes. :devil

I hate seeing something like this. If it had hit me in the head, it would have bounced off... My wife says I have a thick skull. :monkey2

011.jpg

This is the damage that was nearly done to my head...
By this:
009.jpg

I was moving one of my Detolfs away from the wall to put up a shelf, and didnt realise he was slightly stood on the one i was moving.
DSC00107.jpg

I have managed to put some parts back together, though some I have no idea about.
DSC00106.jpg

The parts I can't quite figure out where they go:
008.jpg

Hopefully I will be able to claim on my house insurance and get a new one sorted out.
WHen it first happened I could have cried, though looking at it now, its a good job it fell to the side, a bit further back and it would have hit my flatscreen tv, a couple of inches to the side of that, it could have hit into my detolf, Or another couple of feet and it would have fallen smack on my head, as I was on my knees moving the one cabinet...thats why I didn't realise it was on the top.
Oh the humanity!!!

I recognize some of those pieces. I see a hand/fingers and the lightsaber (Of course), as well as the shoulder blades.

I think that coppery colored piece goes from his neck harness looking thing to his back. And that bone colored piece behind it is the part that's kinda like his ear. And I think that grayish piece underneath part of the lightsaber hilt that looks like a rib goes up from his abdomen to the copper hose part. Dunno if that helps any. I missed the part where you said you didn't know where they went, I thought those were the pieces you couldn't get to re-attach.

Back