Can a lightsaber cut through Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just know I am going to check this thread tomorrow and see it has reached 30 pages.

I vote no. If some stupid droids in ROTS can have lightsaber repellent staffs, I am pretty sure Superman is lightsaber repellent as well.

I was going to say YES until I read this:

"Jedis can't actually cut through "everything" with the sword. Example: the big huge door in Episode I. They had to jam in their lightsabers and "melt" a doorway inside the door. The sword was fast to go into the door because they applied all the force to the tip, but was slow cutting because the Jedis are only so strong. Picture you cutting through a watermelon. In the same principle, a lightsaber technically might be able to cut through Superman, but there's nobody strong enough to force it through. Unless you somehow get the Hulk to use a lightsaber. But the Hulk doesn't exist."

I vote yes. I like the idea green lightsabers have kryptonite in them :lol

I hate Superman. Too powerful but a tiny rock of his homeplanet makes him powerless :rolleyes:

Yes a lightsaber could cut through Superman. The more important question is whether a lightsaber could cut through Chuck Norris.

only if he is down, it's made of green kryptonite, and you're Chuckubee - support Huck - Norris

Actually, it depends. If Superman's out of the reach of a Yellow Sun's energy waves for long enough, then he's not much more than a well-built human (Batman without the martial arts). In that situation, he would cut down the middle like butta'. However, Superman at full strength probably wouldn't be harmed by a lightsaber ... however ...

When you introduce the concept of the force impacting the blade, that adds a new wrinkle. Is the force mystical or scientific? Superman's only real vulnerability (other than Kryptonite) is magic ... i.e. he is impervious to regular fire, but can be burned by Demon flames, etc. So, if the force is a mystical power, then there is a possibility that a lightsaber being used skillfully by a Jedi could pierce him.

All in all, it's best to look at it this way: Could a Lightsaber cut Superman? If the book is written by DC, no. If it's written by Dark Horse, yes. :lol

I would say no.

We know in the Star Wars universe that there are materials that a lightsaber can't cut--like Cortosis, so it would be reasonable to say that Superman is as strong.

But it would also be possible that a lightsaber with a krypton crystal would be able to destroy him, so.

That would make for a good movie.

Back