Can a lightsaber cut through Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, just a thought.

But would a Jedi even need a lightsaber to defeat Superman?

Force lightning, mind tricks(does superman have a weak mind?), stop his heart with the force.

I'm pretty sure Jacen Solo could defeat Superman

I can't believe I am actually going to answer this question...This would have to be a question on the "Are you are Geek/dork/nerd" questioniarre for sure!

But.....yeah. I think it would. I am not gonna say WHY I think it, because that's just too much nerdiness for one day..:lol

I'm pretty sure Jacen Solo could defeat Superman

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl His sister's goign to whop his ass in Invincible

250px-Invincible.jpg

Ugh. I feel dorky and strangely dirty already by hitting "reply" and giving this, this much thought but here goes.

Superman is only Superman on Earth or technically anywhere near a Yellow Sun. So in order for you to understand whether or not this is a viable question then you'd have just assume it occurs somewhere in our solar system or else its a moot point anyway.

A standard Lightsaber would not damage Superman, a lightsaber is a focused crystal creating a lasersword for lack of a better term and in the Superman mythos, he's been hit with lasers before and not flinched. It'd cut his clothes but not him directly. Laser have hurt him in the past but essentially it depends on the writer....

He is vulnerable to magic directly so a Jedi using the force would in theory be using an external agent so that wouldn't work but in theory a Jedi choke would because it itself is a magic trick, the question is would the Jedi have enough focus to put enough force or pressure on the throat of Superman, The Guardian when trying to give Superman CPR in the Death storyline said that his lungs couldn't fill because it was like trying to fill two steel tanks with air....so I could assume that crushing his windpipe would be like trying to crumble a starfighter into a ball....(The CW Jedi could probably do it though). Jedi Mind Tricks wouldn't though because Superman has shown he has a strong will and strong mind in past adventures. A Force push or grab would only be temporary unless you did something vital....

If you used a lightsaber with a piece of Kryptonite as the crystal itself then it'd depend on which you used.

Green Kryptonite would render him powerless as soon as it ignites, he is weakened by Green Kryptonite but not killed unless exposed over time (a short period of time but it takes time) so the first few slashes wouldn't exactly cut him but he'd feel it, it'd take a second or two to weaken him then he'd be able to be injured.

Red Kryptonite has a strange effect which varies from piece to piece. Red Kryptonite itself is an analomly in which each piece has a different effect but then the Kryptonian himself (if you go by Silver Age and Early Modern Age mythos) is immune. So a Red Lightsaber blade could in fact set him off and cause him to lose his sense of humanity altogether and kill the Jedi in a blind rage or cause him to go comatose. If you go by Smallville he becomes selfish and very rebelous so he'd lose that piece of him that'd keep him focused as the Boy Scout and he'd probably kill you but make you suffer first.

Bizarro Red Kryptonite effects Humans like Green Kryptonite does Kryptonians so if the Jedi had one of these crystals they'd kill themselves upon igniting.

Gold Kryptonite is supposed to remove all powers from Kryptonians permenantly but they have to be touched directly by it. So a Yellow Bladed Lightsaber could work but you'd have to hit him first with the blade then kill him.

Blue Kryptonite only effects Bizarros so a Blue Bladed Lightsaber would have no effect.

Black Kryptonite would essentially split him into two people, his personality differences so you'd have two Supermans to deal with. One Good and One Essentially Evil.

Having a Kryptonite crystal would be the only way to do it in all reality, but the color of blade would be vital.

(I have to take a rape shower now....:lol)

Ugh. I feel dorky and strangely dirty already by hitting "reply" and giving this, this much thought but here goes.

Superman is only Superman on Earth or technically anywhere near a Yellow Sun. So in order for you to understand whether or not this is a viable question then you'd have just assume it occurs somewhere in our solar system or else its a moot point anyway.

A standard Lightsaber would not damage Superman, a lightsaber is a focused crystal creating a lasersword for lack of a better term and in the Superman mythos, he's been hit with lasers before and not flinched. It'd cut his clothes but not him directly. Laser have hurt him in the past but essentially it depends on the writer....

He is vulnerable to magic directly so a Jedi using the force would in theory be using an external agent so that wouldn't work but in theory a Jedi choke would because it itself is a magic trick, the question is would the Jedi have enough focus to put enough force or pressure on the throat of Superman, The Guardian when trying to give Superman CPR in the Death storyline said that his lungs couldn't fill because it was like trying to fill two steel tanks with air....so I could assume that crushing his windpipe would be like trying to crumble a starfighter into a ball....(The CW Jedi could probably do it though). Jedi Mind Tricks wouldn't though because Superman has shown he has a strong will and strong mind in past adventures. A Force push or grab would only be temporary unless you did something vital....

If you used a lightsaber with a piece of Kryptonite as the crystal itself then it'd depend on which you used.

Green Kryptonite would render him powerless as soon as it ignites, he is weakened by Green Kryptonite but not killed unless exposed over time (a short period of time but it takes time) so the first few slashes wouldn't exactly cut him but he'd feel it, it'd take a second or two to weaken him then he'd be able to be injured.

Red Kryptonite has a strange effect which varies from piece to piece. Red Kryptonite itself is an analomly in which each piece has a different effect but then the Kryptonian himself (if you go by Silver Age and Early Modern Age mythos) is immune. So a Red Lightsaber blade could in fact set him off and cause him to lose his sense of humanity altogether and kill the Jedi in a blind rage or cause him to go comatose. If you go by Smallville he becomes selfish and very rebelous so he'd lose that piece of him that'd keep him focused as the Boy Scout and he'd probably kill you but make you suffer first.

Bizarro Red Kryptonite effects Humans like Green Kryptonite does Kryptonians so if the Jedi had one of these crystals they'd kill themselves upon igniting.

Gold Kryptonite is supposed to remove all powers from Kryptonians permenantly but they have to be touched directly by it. So a Yellow Bladed Lightsaber could work but you'd have to hit him first with the blade then kill him.

Blue Kryptonite only effects Bizarros so a Blue Bladed Lightsaber would have no effect.

Black Kryptonite would essentially split him into two people, his personality differences so you'd have two Supermans to deal with. One Good and One Essentially Evil.

Having a Kryptonite crystal would be the only way to do it in all reality, but the color of blade would be vital.

I agree with this post.

This thread is easily takes the cake for geekiest thread ever:lol

I like this answer though, seems to cover all the valid points to a pointless question.

I was going to say YES until I read this:

"Jedis can't actually cut through "everything" with the sword. Example: the big huge door in Episode I. They had to jam in their lightsabers and "melt" a doorway inside the door. The sword was fast to go into the door because they applied all the force to the tip, but was slow cutting because the Jedis are only so strong. Picture you cutting through a watermelon. In the same principle, a lightsaber technically might be able to cut through Superman, but there's nobody strong enough to force it through. Unless you somehow get the Hulk to use a lightsaber. But the Hulk doesn't exist."

:rotfl

So Superman and Lightsabers do?

Can a lightsaber cut through Superman?

Dude, that is crazy. I was just thinking about this today. :monkey1

yes it can.

Not deep but enough to penetrate through the first layer of skin

Back