OK, so no 1/6 Vader for SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheObsoleteMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really felt like we were going to see him. The wait is just getting ridiculous at this point. It's basically the same thing as Boushh but with a leather jumpsuit and torso lite brite. Hell, it seems like it should actually be an easier outfit than Boushh to pull off. What is the frigging hold up?! :monkey4

Nope. Looks like 17th Version of Luke™ and Camel Toe Padme™ are it.

:monkey2

Am I being naive for holding out for some surprises still? Because tonight's list of products was a bit underwhelming, especially after last year and the anticipation for this year.

Wasn't there "black and white" clue given at CIV? Or am I thinking of something else? :confused:

Wasn't there "black and white" clue given at CIV? Or am I thinking of something else? :confused:

Yes, there was. I'm not throwing in the hope towel yet.

I really think that Vader will be hush hush until the right before they bring him out. No sneak peaks or anything. Just Stop! Vader Time!

Nope. Looks like 17th Version of Luke™ and Camel Toe Padme™ are it.

:monkey2

Am I being naive for holding out for some surprises still? Because tonight's list of products was a bit underwhelming, especially after last year and the anticipation for this year.

Where is this list of products you're referring to from tonight??

Very true,very true,and sideshow doesn't plan to either.I think that's been thier strategy all along.Thier just making lower end 12" figure's for a lower and less costly market.

Well they started off really well but this year has mostly sucked. With each bad announcement people have given SS the benefit of the doubt, believing that thing will pick up and that they would pull some crackers out of the bag by the end of the year. Well it looks like Bespin Luke is the only new 12" that we will see at SDCC which is a major let down compared to last year. There is probably only going to be one further announcement this year, so the list this year reads:

Plo Koon
Endor Troops
Asajj Ventress
Chess table
Bubo
Princess Leia
Old Ben
Yavin Luke
Holo Sidious
Bespin Luke
Ilum Padme

More quantity that quality.

Ok, I haven't read all the threads through, but was the "core classic character" Bespin Luke? Or are we waiting on one more announcement??

Why don't you just get Medicom's Vader? Sideshow won't top it.

Yeah,the only thing SSC might do better is make him taller and bulkier.
Failing that I'd suggest getting one of Hurricanes custom Vaders,they aren't cheap but no company will come close to topping them for a hell of a long time,maybe never.

Ok, I haven't read all the threads through, but was the "core classic character" Bespin Luke? Or are we waiting on one more announcement??

I don't remember the exact slide text, but wasn't the 2-pack and core character announcement slide just a general what lies ahead for the year, not necessarily at SDCC, granted it's the place to pull out all of the stops, but we'll have more announcements after SDCC as well. The description was a much requested core character, and at least what I've seen on here, Bespin Luke is neither the more requested Luke and Luke himself isn't the most requested character.

I know some are dissappointed with only 2 figures talked of just yet for SDCC preview, but last year, technically, only 5 things were shown new at SDCC, Jabba, Jabba's throne (which I consider a package with Jabba), Salacious Pack, Bib and Leia, so as far as quantity there wasn't a ton of new things last year even, but the WOW factor was there with the Jabba piece. Based on their overall offering of licenses and products, I think Sideshow is expanding it's base a bit from Star Wars and Marvel as core properties, which will upset some people and delight others. I'm happy with what's going on, I have pieces I want to see them do soon, as much to make sure they do make before the line is lost/dies as just being impatient to get them, but I'm enjoying each piece that comes along as they come along, I've been impressed with their entire body of work and I'm enjoy what is and not getting to caught up in what could be.

I'm very happy with the Bespin Luke and wouldn't call any of the offerings a dissapointment. I think we'll probably have one more announcement. I'm def. getting the Bespin Luke. I haven't been this excited about a figure since the ROTS Obi-Wan.

I'm not sold there isn't any more suprises but I wouldn't consider this year a downer either. I agree with Maul I think this year is more about getting LOTR more involved, adding Indy, etc.

I'm not sold there isn't any more suprises but I wouldn't consider this year a downer either. I agree with Maul I think this year is more about getting LOTR more involved, adding Indy, etc.

I agree, how can Indy, Lotr, Bespin Luke etc. Be downers?

No question that this is going to be a great show. Announcing Bespin Luke (especially the spectacular looking version they did) and nothing else would still make it the best SDCC ever. :) Throw in the great looking hobbits and all the new product announcements and its even better still.

I assumed we'd see much talked about Droid PF set but I could see them wanting to space that further out from the Scout Trooper.

Back