Hot Toys Flash What if's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello fellow collectors, after selling off my collection years ago I am back in the game of hot toys collecting as a 31 year old Married Dad, this means I have to be picky with my purchases. So I have come up with a few rules considering I am a teacher in NC, and only have a limited disposable income. Lucky for me I held on to my IKEA lit Detolf so I have a nice display!

So here are my rules:

1. Use sideshow payment plans

2. Unless there is extreme circumstances only have one payment plan in progress per month! (For example I have the Die-Cast Mark 5 set up for payment plans in April, May, and June before the JL Wonder Woman payment plan kicks in this July!)

3. Try to collect my definitive version of the characters! (For example Ledger Joker is my Joker, so despite how awesome a Leto Joker may look I would not buy multiple incarnations of the Joker.)

4. Do try to back catalog, only collect what is available to me in the current market.

5. Only use Sideshow and Big Bad Toy Store, not ebay!

So my rule #3 leads me to this question: The Flash is one of my all time favorite characters, and I consider the CW Gustin Flash to be my definitive Flash. That being said we have not seen Hot Toys touch any of the CW shows! So should I pull the trigger on the Ezra JL Flash in order to ensure that I have a Hot Toys Flash in my collection?

I know this is longwinded, but this was my first post since 2015! Thanks for your time!-Brad

If the current offering is not what your favorite. And you are being selective. I would just wait.
Keep in mind currently Hot Toys doesn't work on CW shows but never say never. Another company may be able to strike a deal and produce 1:6 scale figures. Originally I thought 5Stars or AceStars was making 1:6 scale but turns out it's 1:8...

Even if you would want to add a Ersa Miller Flash to your collection. If your plan is being selective I still would wait because personally I don't think the head sculpt is that great and there is Justice League part 2 and a Flash solo movie. Changes are a better version willl come up with an unmasked head or the value of the current Flash once released will lower a bit.

I don't own it, but Soosoo Toys made the Scarlet Speedster which looks pretty cool to me.

This is probably your best option and it looks like they are adding a few more characters from that show (Zoom and Jay Garrick I think). Check out their instagram @soosootoys. They have a bunch of figures in the pipeline, but I think they have only released X-men Quicksilver and TV Flash so far.

You may have to hit eBay for The Scarlet Speedster since it’s already been released. For their upcoming figures, they seem to pop up for preorder on OSK and kghobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I would soooo like a current suit Flash and Reverse Flash but HT apparently has the license and they are all Disney now.

Back