So is Hot Toys doing another 1/6 scale Darth Vader or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svnmelter

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
1125x682_previewbanner__903140_HTDarthVader.jpg

I'm confused.

There is lots of confusion throughout Facebook groups as the Darth Vader that is displayed in this image looks to be the same as the Rogue One version. Will it be the same Darth Vader that is in the Tarkin 2pack?

That is the RO version by the pleats, but they are doing the ANH version with Tarkin. Then they'll do the ROTJ or ESB version & then both. But I don't think they'll make another Rogue One version.

That is the RO version by the pleats, but they are doing the ANH version with Tarkin. Then they'll do the ROTJ or ESB version & then both. But I don't think they'll make another Rogue One version.

I wonder why the Vader ANH version can't be pre-ordered separately but Tarkin can.

I wonder why the Vader ANH version can't be pre-ordered separately but Tarkin can.

Because they already did a single ANH Vader. He is an incentive figure. They've done this multiple times before with things like the Batsignal/Armory/Pepper Potts 2 pack/etc. If you want the improved ANH Vader, you gotta buy Tarkin too. They'll eventually make another single packed Vader but he'll likely be from RotS/ESB/RotJ. Sure the difference are minor between the outfits, but HT has never left the chance to remake a character over and over again on the table. He's not the first Vader from HT nor will he be the last.

They are doing an ANH Vader 2.0, but it's only available through the 2-pack with Tarkin. My surmise is that it's most likely for the most part going to be an amalgamation of ANH Vader and R1 Vader parts.

It's likely not available for PO separately because there's already a single ANH Vader (MMS279) that's available and HT is probably just trying to do something simple to entice those who want Tarkin into spending more money by offering him with an ANH Vader 2.0.

Their next single Vader offering is either going to be ESB or RotJ Vader, so it doesn't really make sense to do an ANH 2.0 by itself with those two likely in the near future.

Because they already did a single ANH Vader. He is an incentive figure. They've done this multiple times before with things like the Batsignal/Armory/Pepper Potts 2 pack/etc. If you want the improved ANH Vader, you gotta buy Tarkin too. They'll eventually make another single packed Vader but he'll likely be from RotS/ESB/RotJ. Sure the difference are minor between the outfits, but HT has never left the chance to remake a character over and over again on the table. He's not the first Vader from HT nor will he be the last.

tyx9emw.gif

By the time HT is done you'll have ESB, ROTJ, ROTS, even a Rebels inspired one. HT is going to make all the Vaders and then remake them with diecast parts.

Not sure about Rebels, but you'll end up having: ANH, R1, ANH 2.0, ESB, RotJ and probably RotS. Actually, what they'll probably do is do RotJ Vader, then ESB, then release The Emperor and offer an Emperor-Vader two pack (similar to Tarkin-Vader) that boasts a RotJ 2.0 version.

And like you said, then they'll start from the beginning and remake them all with die-cast parts.

The MMS279 seems to be the all in one Vader at the moment. Likely the one I'm aiming for. Not to derail things but any word on hot toys doing C3PO and R2D2 as well?

God, I want an ROTJ Vader so bad. I just really want one where the helmet comes off that DOESN'T look pure evil(like the sideshow rotj version). He's supposed to look sad and regretful but happy that Luke was "right about" him. Not having Vader is a gaping hole in my collection but I don't have enough funds to buy tons of Vader with minimal costume differences.

I think I saw a friend (that owns a toy store) that Hot Toys has a Vader that is in que but not ready to be ordered yet. I also saw the emperor. I was happy about a single Vader because I pre-ordered Tarkin right away and then saw a few hours later they did a two pack.

I think I saw a friend (that owns a toy store) that Hot Toys has a Vader that is in que but not ready to be ordered yet. I also saw the emperor. I was happy about a single Vader because I pre-ordered Tarkin right away and then saw a few hours later they did a two pack.

Interesting news. Might be holding off on the 2 pack after all.. Were there any prices on the listings?

The thing with Vader is that he’s already been made twice and there is another version coming for those who either missed the others or want another. There will for sure be more versions made but I bet he’s not a huge priority at the moment. He’s a character they can make whenever and he’ll sell.

The thing with Vader is that he’s already been made twice and there is another version coming for those who either missed the others or want another. There will for sure be more versions made but I bet he’s not a huge priority at the moment. He’s a character they can make whenever and he’ll sell.

Yes this is very true. I had the SS DX, skipped the HT ANH, and had the HT RO. I sold both my Vader's to pay for bills, so now I'm Vaderless. I've been debating whether to go in on the 2 Pack Vader or wait for the ROTJ Vader... I'd prefer to only have 1 Vader lol.

Back