Papillon Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck on that :lol

papillon-movie.jpg

I hate this movie not because I know anything about it, but because the idea of somebody enjoying a remake of a movie I enjoyed decades ago just really tears my arse.

Don't know, this movie is an old 1973 movie that seem forgotten. Reboot w/e they want. Only old folks might be mad at it. Mr. Green have no interest in it anyway.

Seems a lot of things are already done. Hard to reinvent the wheel. Reboot all the way. Lots of things are a gamble anyway.

Stupidity again- original is sooooo great- McQueen ...Hoffman. Untoppable in any age...

Well, if I remember correctly, the original took quite a few liberties with the book, so this isn't exactly a remake, it's a different take on an old novel/biography.
If it weren't for "remakes", we wouldn't have Heston's Ben Hur, or Coppola's Dracula, or Pacino's Scarface.

Well, if I remember correctly, the original took quite a few liberties with the book, so this isn't exactly a remake, it's a different take on an old novel/biography.
If it weren't for "remakes", we wouldn't have Heston's Ben Hur, or Coppola's Dracula, or Pacino's Scarface.

I have no problems with remakes, it's just the amount of them right now. The next couple of years are going to be full of them.

I will never never pay to see this...loved the book too 45 years ago...will see it on netflix...I will never see that new Ben Hur no matter what...never...that was one of those sacred films that imho should never be remade...never...can you imagine The Godfather or Goodfellas getting remade...

There you go bringing reason and logic into it. Step aside, we got mud to hurl!

Back