Premium Format C-3PO Premium Format™ Figure - Sideshow Collectibles - 2015 LE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Visedar

Freaked Out
Reaction score
star-wars-c-3po-premium-format-300508-03.jpg

Limited Edition: TBD - $399.99

“Oh dear...”

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, two unforgettable droids put an adventure in motion that would change the galaxy forever! Joining his feisty astromech companion R2-D2, is the Sideshow Collectibles C-3PO Premium Format™ Figure.

Built with screen-accurate mechanical detailing and light up eyes, this is Threepio’s moment to shine, with a fantastic weathered metallic gold and silver finish. Calculating the odds of a successful mission, the always proper, yet overly anxious, protocol droid gestures in concern to his unseen Rebel companions aboard a Millennium Falcon inspired base. An essential addition to any Star Wars collection, C-3PO is the droid you’ve been looking for.

What's in the Box?
Composed of high-quality PVC and polystone.

Pre/order at: Star Wars C-3PO Premium Format(TM) Figure by Sideshow Collec | Sideshow Collectibles

Before someone posts something along the line that this thread already exists, please read below:

As a community we should do better job titling/organizing the new threads. We all have busy lives outside the forums, but it just takes few extra seconds to properly create a new thread for the newer items. As much as this is a rehash of the old and the same, it's a different release and different item. You can hate as much as you want for me saying this, but the Admins need to do better job moderating and/or enforcing best practices, i.e. when it comes to naming conventions, whether it's the prefix, tittle, or the recycling of old/existing threads -- which can be confusing at times.

I'm all for merging similar/duplicate threads and keep the boards neat and less convoluted, but new(er) and/or revised releases should have their own distinct threads. You're not saving the world or reducing any carbon footprint by adding a new release/item to an older thread; you will actually be doing the exact opposite.

Call me "whatever" nazi you want, but if you don't have the capability or the capacity to start a proper thread for new items, then let someone else do it.

Last edited:
Now that that's out of the way, here are my comments about this piece.

As someone pointed out, this new iteration of C-3PO has silver coloring for the right foot. As most of you know, C-3PO in the OT had only the calf area colored/painted silver. That may be changed in TFA, where both the calf and the foot are silver. But I couldn't verify that in the TFA photos. Also, I couldn't verify whether or not C-3PO has the inward dent on his head.

Sideshow's resources are probably constrained and that may be one of the many reasons why they don't have any TFA preorders up yet, when the opening night of The Force Awakens is tonight, at least in the USA. There have been many conversations in the different threads about Sideshow's missed opportunities re: TFA releases, and I think this is another example. I say this because based on what I've seen so far, and I will say that without spoiling, C-3PO has a distinct different look compared to PT's and OT's. And that difference hasn't been applied to this new version of C-3PO based on the item's photos. If Sideshow had done that, then they could have easily released this as TFA version. And the fact that C-3PO and R2-D2 are sold separately, this could have made a perfect sense! But we all know Sideshow's logic isn't usually in-sync with the majority.

Regardless, I will be seeing the movie tonight, and I will pay attention as to what other differences the TFA C-3PO has, and then I might just buy this version and apply those changes to it, and have it as a TFA version, in addition to me Tatooine duo version.

Your thoughts?

Back