Help me settle this Predator movie scene dispute

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furyan

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
In the movie Predator where Arnold gets shot by the Predator while he's shooting his assault rifle,does the Predators laser cannon shot hit Arnolds gun causing a mini explosion that sends molten metal/gun parts flying into Arnolds chest and arm causing the blood damage he receives or does the laser make a direct hit with Arnolds body causing the body/blood damage or is it a mixture of both or what? Your thoughts...

I always thought the plasma caster was a direct hit but couldn't phase 80's Arnold's super swolle shoulder...even though it punched a hole through Jesse Ventura and took Carl's arm off

lol, had to have hit the gun or else like Thainitty said, it would've put a hole in him like the others.

Upon further review of the footage, the plasma bolt accually hits the weapon Arnold is holding, it then destroyed said gun and the result is no plasma damage to Arnold, save for a minor shrapnel injury to his upper bicep. :lecture :rotfl

I thought it was a case of the plasma cannon not being fully charged or something, like in the AvP games. A full charge will blow someone open, a partial charge will only cause a relatively minor wound. As the Predator had just used the cannon on Dillon, possibly Billy and then to finish off Poncho it was low on power.....maybe.

Or it hit Dutch's gun and sent shrapnel into his arm.

I have to agree that the plasma canon hits Dutch's weapon. Remember, the Predator sees Dutch as a worthy adversary so it doesn't want to kill him, it wants to toy with him. Destroying his weapon takes the "cheating" out of the game.

Back