Black Series FX Lightsabers - who is going to carry those?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sith_lords

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello guys, Force Friday is imminent! right around the corner and my #1 thing I want to get is the Black Series FX Lightsaber Kylo Ren version...

Who is going to sell those? Toys r us? Target?

Thank you!

Target is supposed to have them for sure. Toys R Us toy lists in the UK had them, but there hasn't been confirmation on US Toys R Us yet.

I was able to get the yoda at toysrus. They also had the darth vader, but those were the only two I could find.

Got mine for $170 from Target:D

LL

How are these in comparison to the older FX sabers?
Pretty much the same and "black series" is just a fancy name for the new line?

I was tempted to pick up a FX saber for reason of display and lighting, a few years ago, but never did.
Wanted something like Maul's dualsaber on the wall and have it add some red mood lighting.

Never even looked at these, so wonder if maybe they can serve the same role if I find a cooler one.

I was tempted to pick up a FX saber for reason of display and lighting, a few years ago, but never did.
Wanted something like Maul's dualsaber on the wall and have it add some red mood lighting.

Never even looked at these, so wonder if maybe they can serve the same role if I find a cooler one.

Well they are not master replicas quality however they are metal, do have fx lights and sound. You can detach the blade on the last versions Hasbro released which I used for my Darth display. It's nice enough to pass as a replica with its weight but there are definitely alternatives.

I plan on converting the blade on the kylo ren and display it with a kylo helmet and the HT figure. The best part is the force fx sabers can be taken apart, so if you are a tinkerer and can find them for good prices they are pretty fun to own for the versatility.

Well they are not master replicas quality however they are metal, do have fx lights and sound. You can detach the blade on the last versions Hasbro released which I used for my Darth display. It's nice enough to pass as a replica with its weight but there are definitely alternatives.

I plan on converting the blade on the kylo ren and display it with a kylo helmet and the HT figure. The best part is the force fx sabers can be taken apart, so if you are a tinkerer and can find them for good prices they are pretty fun to own for the versatility.

8gdc65.jpg~original.jpg

You need to re-position the dome on the Vader helmet above :wink1:

Yeah, it's pretty much just a new name and comes with a different stand now. The "hum" on the Kylo Ren lightsaber does sounds a little more "raw" compared to the previously released lightsabers. I guess this one's not that elegant of a weapon:lol

Last edited:
You need to re-position the dome on the Vader helmet above :wink1:

All over it thanks,

Yeah, it's pretty much just a new name and comes with a different stand now. The "hum" on the Kylo Ren lightsaber does sounds a little more "raw" compared to the previously released lightsabers. I guess this one's not that elegant of a weapon:lol

That hum will be addressed in the movie from what I have read.......:)

Thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered on force friday a little after midnight and it'll be here Friday! :D from EE, great service.

Looks like the Black Series Lightsaber Yoda, Luke, Darth and Kylo are "Wave 1" < preordered all of these at BBTS, the price went up $10 on all of them so act quickly. I bet wave 2 will have Kenobis, anakin, etc. Finally these things get a rerelease, the prices on eBay are a little too much for my taste.

Wish I could track down a Kylo Ren - BBTS preorder says he is gonna ship in October, but I need him for Halloween...:)

Shockingly my Kylo Ren saber shipped from Barnes and Noble. Next day air too so I will have it for the weekend.

Cannot wait to get to work, going to break it down and make it a removable blade so I can display the hilt with the new Black Series helm and HT fig. Should be a pretty nice setup once all together.

+1. I looked everywhere and couldn't find at any stores, including most Target And B&N stores. So thanks for the link, I ordered it from EE; hopefully they get to ship it soon.

I guess I missed the boat on this one -- the Entertainment Earth didn't pan out. Good thing it's not an exclusive/limited edition, and I'm confident that they will come up with revised/updated version before or during the movie release.

Back