Anyone Customized Hasbro Boba with SS body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jango56031

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have the 12 inch Boba (VOTC) and knowing I can't afford the RAH Boba. I thought I might try improving it. I'm looking for some tips or examples of work other customizers have done to get some ideas of what it could look like. Any help would be great.

I think you need to go to Hurricane's thread. He'd have the best experience with this, I think...

I can tell you my own experience is that the Sideshow body is too thin and lanky for the Hasbro VOTC Fett armor, which is basically the same armor as Hasbro's Jango Fett. I used a Dragon body. The real difficulty is that the VOTC Fett has no shoes, just molded feet.

bfett3lu3.jpg

right now im puting my marmit on a sideshow body and scaring up a jango head with sculpey to form a bad a$# post sarlac boba. the sculpt is just a free thought design of pock marked acid burns and scars, and im in the middle of armor repaint, i went with the dark green of return of the jedi, and the wrist armor of empire, sorta my own personal thing, and yes i know the jango head looks weird right now but work in progress

Last edited:
Jango56031 said:
I have the 12 inch Boba (VOTC) and knowing I can't afford the RAH Boba. I thought I might try improving it. I'm looking for some tips or examples of work other customizers have done to get some ideas of what it could look like. Any help would be great.

I've actually made a one using Electronic hasbro Boba and VOTC Boba, Hasbro Jango and a Dragon Body. I've ben meaning to switch it over to a Sideshow body, I'll take some more pics and post them as soon as I can. I actually made a working rope belt using shoe laces and a belts from a dragon german soldier figure. There is a website that shows you how to make a Boba Fett costume. I just used all that reference and tried to make a 1:6 scale "costume".

I have pic of the WIP, I'll try to post better pics and recipe later..

I hear you on the RAH Boba Fett, I don't think that I can afford that bad boy either.

Here's the website that I used for reference, It's really an awesome site.

https://www.tk409.com/fett.html

Thanks everyone. What's the best and most inexpensive way to get a Dragon body? Ebay?

Also does anyone have a link to hurricane's thread on this?

Jango56031 said:
Thanks everyone. What's the best and most inexpensive way to get a Dragon body? Ebay?

Also does anyone have a link to hurricane's thread on this?
It's best to get a Neo Adam Dragon body if that's the way you're going (better quality). You can buy them for around $8-$9 under Nude figures here:
https://www.monkeydepot.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=237

The one thing I always hated about Hasbro and even the Marmet Bobas is the molded vest and chest/shoulder armor. When Sideshow does theirs I hope they make that part cloth like the real thing.

rabidwolverine21 said:
right now im puting my marmit on a sideshow body and scaring up a jango head with sculpey to form a bad a$# post sarlac boba. the sculpt is just a free thought design of pock marked acid burns and scars, and im in the middle of armor repaint, i went with the dark green of return of the jedi, and the wrist armor of empire, sorta my own personal thing, and yes i know the jango head looks weird right now but work in progress

Coming along great! Keep us posted.

screamingmetal said:
The one thing I always hated about Hasbro and even the Marmet Bobas is the molded vest and chest/shoulder armor. When Sideshow does theirs I hope they make that part cloth like the real thing.

speaking of that, I wonder if medi's are plastic or fabric? cant really tell from the pictures

Customikey said:
I think you need to go to Hurricane's thread. He'd have the best experience with this, I think...

I can tell you my own experience is that the Sideshow body is too thin and lanky for the Hasbro VOTC Fett armor, which is basically the same armor as Hasbro's Jango Fett. I used a Dragon body. The real difficulty is that the VOTC Fett has no shoes, just molded feet.
the link to my thread, which somewhere within it shows my fett(s),is shown above in CMs post.

......or these are a couple of pics, ESB version used a custom built marmit/dragon body (to house speaker/voice function from hasbro talky fett), the ROTJ version used a bbi g3.5 body (modded to take the speech function again),I chose the bbi body for the later rotj custom to try to match Temuera Morrisons' build,although these two used marmit parts im confident that the OTC fetts parts would be a decent substitute,last photo shows a custom OTC based fett,and just for the hell of it, Bobas Dad, same bbi g3.5 body..
outfett.jpg
[/IMG]
79f98dca.jpg
[/IMG]
dfe7cf2c.jpg
[/IMG]
fettebay1.jpg
[/IMG]
jangomarmit.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry to keep asking questions that most of you know the answer to already. But what is the difference between the different dragon bodies. I went to Monkeydepot but I'm not sure which one to get. There is BBI G3 and 3.5, Classic Adam and Neo Adam, etc. Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the differences in the bodies?:confused:

I'm currently working on one, off and on in between other things. So far I've taken the legs in a bit and retolled the helmet as I found it to be a little big. I gonna put him on a egular Sidshow body since they've been piling up now. I'll post pics after a little more progress.

Use the skinniest body you can find and build it up to taste with thin packing foam. Wrap around thighs, biceps, midsections. I've done it on numerous bodies. No one makes the perfect body for a figure. Mofiication is easy and gets you what you want.

Back