Statue insurance company in Ontario, Canada area?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkprincess

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello.

I don't know if somebody asked this question but I couldn't find related to insurance in Ontario, Canada area.

I am trying to find an insurance company for my statues here in Ontario area.

I asked my home insurance but they won't cover it.

I will be happy if Canadians would reply me with some insurance company names.

Thanks a lot. :)

Wish I could help, but... there must be places that insure art in general, here... Maybe just look up "art insurance" in general and see what you find?

I've always been curious about this type of insurance. Has anyone ever bought insurance for their collectibles? What are the premiums, coverage limits, etc.

You'd think that companies that offer that specific sort of insurance would come on here touting what their services provide.

My home owners insurance covers my stuff under my "collectibles" category.

Maybe not home owners specifically, but the one for covering all your stuff in your home. Electronics, etc...

My thought is that it's like jewelry and you'd have to get a rider to your insurance policy along with an appraisal. I know appraisals can run extremely expensive.

I thought we were covered under our home insurance policies? I didn't realize you needed extra coverage...I better call my insurance company.

I thought we were covered under our home insurance policies? I didn't realize you needed extra coverage...I better call my insurance company.

You may be, but you'd still have to write it up. And again a lot of insurances do NOT do replacement cost, so essentially your collection would be massively undervalued.

edited: grammar spelling general derpyness ;p

Back