Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary Special

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
Confirmed returning cast/guest stars (so far) :

Bill Murray
Jack Nicholson
Tom Hanks
Chevy Chase
Steve Martin
Mike Myers
Christopher Walken
Dana Carvey
Jimmy Fallon
Adam Sandler
Eddie Murphy
Andy Samberg
Amy Poehler
Jim Carrey
Will Ferrell
Dan Aykroyd
Chris Rock
Alec Baldwin
Jerry Seinfeld
Robert De Niro
Justin Timberlake
Emma Stone
Derek Jeter
Kanye West
Paul McCartney
Paul Simon
Tina Fey
Melissa McCarthy
Molly Shannon
Peyton Manning
Kristen Wiig
Taylor Swift
Garrett Morris
Maya Rudolph
Martin Short
Betty White
Miley Cyrus

Programming schedule:

Saturday 14th:
10:00pm SNL Valentine's Day Special episode.
11:30pm the very first episode of SNL with George Carlin, Janis Ian & Billy Preston

Sunday 15th:
1:30am 1st Look Presents: 40 Years of Laughs (also available for local air this week)
7:00pm SNL Red Carpet LIVE: Custom Live Shots will be available
8:00pm - 11:00pm SNL 40TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL.
11:35pm - 12:35am 1st Look Live from New York (Optional Post Show)

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
On October 11th, 1975, the debut episode of a new show called Saturday Night Live hit the airwaves, and a pop culture phenomenon was born.

The brainchild of producer Lorne Michaels, this mixture of sketch comedy, celebrity hosts, biting satire and musical guests was the first of its kind, and today SNL continues to garner the highest ratings of any late-night television program, entertaining millions of viewers each week.

SNL is an institution unlike anything else in television history, and the many brilliant ‘Not Ready for Primetime Players' repertory over the years is a Who's Who of film and television comedy.

The roster includes everyone from the iconic first cast (Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Chevy Chase, Jane Curtin, Laraine Newman and Garrett Morris) to Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy, Billy Crystal, Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, Kristen Wiig, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers – to name only a few.

On February 15th, 2015, NBC will proudly air a 40th Anniversary special in celebration of this iconic franchise. Past and present cast members, as well as special musical guests from the show's incredible five-decade run, will appear on this one-of-a-kind telecast. Mark the calendar,
save the date, and please join us as we honor an extraordinary milestone in the program that changed the face of American comedy forever.

‘Saturday Night Live’ 40th Anniversary: Lorne Michaels Interview | Variety

I've been a fan since I could stay up late on Saturdays. From time to time I'm a very, very forgiving fan. :lol But I watch regularly.

I think the bulk of the run of the show has been lackluster, but the mid-late '70s and late '80s/early '90s stuff was excellent. I have vivid memories of staying up to watch this as a youngster. Will try to watch it.

I think the bulk of the run of the show has been lackluster, but the mid-late '70s and late '80s/early '90s stuff was excellent. I have vivid memories of staying up to watch this as a youngster. Will try to watch it.

Absolutely, most of the sketches aren't gold, but the ones that are... those best-of's and iconic ones with guests like Walken... And just thinking of how much talent came from this show. I mean all you have to do is glance at that list. It's a who's who of the biggest comedic stars of the past 4 decades. SNL has become a right of passage or like college to the comedic elite. I can't frigging wait to see Bill Murray and Will Ferrel doing sketches with Seinfeld or Nicolson and Paul McCartney. The potential here is unlike anything in the world of comedy before it.

How awesome is that list of stars....until you get to the very last name and see Miley Cyrus! WTF? She's as welcome there as an Ebola outbreak.

I can't wait to see what they do on the anniversary show. I hope there will be a lot of live skits and not 3 hours of looking back at the old ones.

Be funny if all the other comedians and actors legit beat the **** out of Kanye on live television. I mean, that would be some serious comedic excellence.

Welp, Melissa McCarthy just attempted a Chris Farley sketch on Weekend Update and I just changed the channel. :lol

Yea, most did.

Seinfeld was the highlight of the evening. Every bit he had hit and was funny. Goodman and David were great.

Memorializing Jon Lovitz was also funny.

Waynes World was ok.

Back