Hot Toys Iron Man Silver Centurion review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm busying tallying, and I have the numbers all wraped up for the People's Picks. Now the task of writing that one up, which is going to take until Sunday night. Until then, I thought I'd squeek out another Hot Toys review, this time of the Iron Man Silver Centurion. This is a great looking figure, but it's also $250 worth of been there, done that. You can find my review here:

Iron Man 3 Silver Centurion action figure - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Michael Crawford's Review of the Week - the number one source for action figure, toy and pop culture reviews!

Have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Great review as always. I would have thought this would get top marks, and I would have given it more points for Paint and Sculpting, to me, this figures flaws are few and far between, but like I said thats just my opinion :D

Great pics. I'm very happy with this figure as it was my first Hot toys. Also very happy that I got it for like $210 shipped.

Good review, I agree I felt underwhelmed when he arrived... which wasn't a good sign as this was my first Hot Toy, I think because I had waited so long I just felt indifferent. A week or so later Python arrived which was the exact opposite in terms of initial reaction but since Centurion has really grown on me where as if I were to sell one it would be an easy choice which one stayed.

Great armour and despite a shakey start to the relationship glad it was my first HT!

I got mine along with the diecast mark 42 figure so it wasn't as impressive in comparison, I think it's more to do with the proportions of the figure though..., it seems to bulky but not sure if it's just because the other figures are all more slim line so the figure looks odd or maybe I prefer the slimmer looking suits. :)

Yep, that's one of my problems as well, as I really don't like the bulky torso and legs. For me, it's more of an aesthetic thing, along with the fact that the die cast do spoil you. I'm hoping that the Heartbreaker is a bit more impressive for me.

Oh, and the base DOESN'T light up? See this is what you get for assuming - I didn't have any batteries handy, but the base has the compartment on the bottom, it has the translucent plastic sections on the top that look like it should light up...but it doesn't? I'll have to update the review, and I'm all the more glad I hit it up on Value and Overall. At $250, they shouldn't be taking things away.

Yep, that's one of my problems as well, as I really don't like the bulky torso and legs. For me, it's more of an aesthetic thing, along with the fact that the die cast do spoil you. I'm hoping that the Heartbreaker is a bit more impressive for me.

Oh, and the base DOESN'T light up? See this is what you get for assuming - I didn't have any batteries handy, but the base has the compartment on the bottom, it has the translucent plastic sections on the top that look like it should light up...but it doesn't? I'll have to update the review, and I'm all the more glad I hit it up on Value and Overall. At $250, they shouldn't be taking things away.
Ignoring the lack of the light up feature the base is great that it comes with a dynamic flight stand... buy as soon as you consider it's based on a light up model it becomes a pointless and bulky item.

Personally I would rather had the regular dynamic base, if not then a normal cradle stand then spent the extra on a flight base.

Back