Thunderball PF Bond?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It certainly appears that way to me as well. :confused:

And it's a GREY suit, too! :horror

yeah, first thing I noticed too..the pose...PF SCULPT RE-USE WHATS THAT CRAP...????AT 250$ A STATUE...A NEW SCULPT SHOULD BE THE NORM...

Yeah, my thought was exactly the same... Why do another statue that is identical to the previous attempt... but only change the clothes?

I mean, it's cool... if you don't have the previous Connery... But really doesn't make much sense.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Strange to re-use ANYTHING in PF form. For that kind of money you should get somthing totally unique.

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, my thought was exactly the same... Why do another statue that is identical to the previous attempt... but only change the clothes?

I mean, it's cool... if you don't have the previous Connery... But really doesn't make much sense.

Unless it IS a Jet pack Connery. He used it in Thunderball, right? In the first escape sequence, yeah, then got into the DB-5, right?

04-Jetpack.gif

That hat is freakin' sweet!!!

I'm ashamed of Sideshow. Utterly completely and totally appalled at this item.

Sideshow should be ashamed of themselves for this travesty. They couldn't even change the pose. The umpteen Star Wars items have clearly taken every R/D dollar they have.

Sideshow outta just quit making Bond products, because they're now milking it. After the kitbashed Legacy Collection this is the next!

When it was said Bond would return in a new form, I didn't expect it to be substandard products.

tomandshell said:
But wait!! Limited edition of 50!!!

Are you joking Tom? I didn't see that anywhere...

I'm really disappointed in this. I have been thinking about cutting the Bond PF's as well as the Star Wars and Marvels, and I think this may have helped me make a decision. I will wait and see the final product before I judge completely, but I really didn't expect to see something like this. But after the Spider-Man variants, maybe this isn't so surprising after all...

...you know, this may actually look better than the original. I'm so confused now! :google

To be honest it probably will look better than the regular one. Just another way to stick people with two of the same item or an inferiior product in the diehards collection.

That's what Sideshow is turning into.

I'm a bit mixed about this piece. I don't have the previous one, and since I can't find one this would be good. But it does bother me a bit that it is probably the same sculpt and pose. I don't mind that the outfit is all the changed for the Legacy figures, but for a PF and 250 bucks I'm a bit disappointed. The other thing that makes me :google is that if I buy this one and get the Brosnan and Moore (which I would love to do) I would have one suit and two tuxedos and that bugs me. :google I crave and need uniformity.

Well I do agree with all the complaints but the new suit is very Sean Connery.
But then again I don't have the 'original' one, so it isn't as big of a deal for me.

Back