Likelyhood of a 1/6 Scale Rancor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I know people want to see it, so I thought I'd start some discussion on it. I went to SW.com to check on the size of the Rancor, and it's about 5-10 meters tall, so roughtly, a 1/6 scale of that would be 2.5 feet tall to 5 feet tall.

I dont think they would make one at that size....theres more chance they make characters like the wampa,tun-tun and other medium size creatures...but with Sideshow..who knows...

its a possiblity, remember that giant big head frankenstein from few years back. Its not a good figure IMHO, but the size is proof that SS can make something that big if they can sell it

I don't think its likely...possible yes, but not likely. Its just too damn big to be of much appeal to anyone in reality... only to those here who fantasize about such monsters in their home. The fact is, even a lot of people here who say they'd buy it probably wouldn't if it came down to it. So many are already complaining about Jabba...and this thing is double the size in all directions.

That all said, I'd love to see one and know its out there. But I would much prefer a Taun Taun or even a Dewback before a Rancor.

No what we really need is a 12" Bantha now that would be cool.

But yeah a Rancor would be great and hopefully only cost $300. Him along with Malaiki would be great.

I'd love a Rancor, but wouldn't be able to afford one or have a place to put him. So probably a no-go... that is unless its released in like 5 years and by that time I should have the basement of my dreams :monkey5 :monkey5

I would have room for him under the Jabba table but I imagine it would be pretty darn expensive. I think Jabba and the throne are at my spending max.

Rancor is a great "dream" item, but I think that he would be too big at 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall if scale is correctly guessed. I do think that we will see more medium sized creatures like Shai suggested, and maybe even the odd vehicle or two. I think the Wampa is a no-brainer, maybe with his cave and a place to hold Luke upside down. Banthas might happen after they figure out the fake fur thing for Chewie. A well done dewback would be great, but would be enormous. What about weird aliens and robots that don't fit the Sideshow body type...Grevious, Gonk, Amanaman, Ephant Mon, Muftak, Momow Nadon, and other geeky names!

Didn't Tom or some other head honcho say they'd love to do Rancor with a Sith Witch rider?

Well we have the Sith Witch so next up is the Rancor :monkey3

The GG Rancor is awesome. I love it. One of my favorite pieces. Sideshow would really have to knock my socks off to get me to buy it. And yes, the thing would be huge and verrrrry expensive.

jlcmsu said:
Why not? They did Jabba so this has a chance. I'd get one.

That's the Spirit bro. Bring it on!

I DON'T CARE HOW BIG IT IS. I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW! :cool: :D

I can see sideshow pulling off a rancor... But I have a feeling it would be extremely limited - like 50 to 100 pieces max.

I've wanted one ever since I was "a kid". This is a lifelong dream and don't kid yourself, there are plenty of buyers for this, PLENTY! Btw, this is like the third or fouth discussion about this...

DO IT SIDESHOW, SHOW SOME BALLS! DO IT, YOU KNOW YOU CAN, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO, YOU KNOW WHY YOU MADE THAT RANCOR BONE FOR LUKE!!! :lol

pixletwin said:
I can see sideshow pulling off a rancor... But I have a feeling it would be extremely limited - like 50 to 100 pieces max.

Ok... I want #63... lets start the petition. :D

Back