Hot Toys Amazing Spider-man 2 figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's keep that sixth scale run rolling with a look at a new Hot Toys figure - the Amazing Spider-Man as seen in the second film. There's some issues, no doubt about it, but even with the handful of problems, this is the coolest Spidey we've ever gotten in this scale.

You can find my review here:

Amazing Spider-Man 2 sixth scale action figure - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Michael Crawford's Review of the Week - the number one source for action figure, toy and pop culture reviews!

Just a quick Poppies/People's Picks update - the ballot is completed and most of the testing is done, so it should be ready to start voting on Thursday night!

Thanks for reading,

Michael
MWC

This figure is great! But the suit is not meant to be posed dynamically and kept there for a long time...maybe you can pull it off once or twice...pushing it passed that in sure the elasticity on the suit won't hold...posed mines for about 2 weeks dynamically and just recently posed him back into the museum pose, took 3 days for the suit to return back to normal at maybe 90% with that said, suit looks anazing...articulation is probably one of the best...but it has its flaws

320-neat.jpg

Really nice-looking figure and pictures, for any faults this has compare it to the old Medicom RAH Spider-Man and Venom and consider how far things have come in a few short years.

Even compared to the Hot Toys releases from the Spider-Man 3 line. I like this one quite a bit more than the first Amazing Spider-Man release as well, although a lot of that has to do with the costume design from the movie.

Great review as always Michael. I love this figure. Crushes the other HT Spideys. Suit is great and he even stands well on his own. I have him in a Detolf without a stand and he's never come close to taking a tumble. That said, the new hand system needs work. One of the sets of hands doesn't fit right at all making them nearly useless. I like the idea, because sleeves on a Spiderman like the ASM version is just awful. But going forward they need to ensure they all fit better and do t look so plasticy. Better paint apps should solve that.

Yep, the hands were my biggest issue as well. Like I said in the review, I like the concept but now they need to improve the execution.

Great review, Michael. I was nodding as I was reading along, it seems that we share the same thoughts on the figure -- particularly on the seams/stitches on the head and the new hand system. I welcome the idea of the new hands, it was a good idea and a neat try, but could have been executed much better :)

Overall I love the figure. A great 1/6 scale representation of the character both in films and on paper.

Back