Marvel Thor Female- Falcon Cap America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbar1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Marvel-Avengers-NOW-Female-Thor-Black-Captain-Americajpg.jpg
So have i missed something, is marvel getting a reboot???:dunno

Been hibernating for a week? You missed a lot. ;)

Not a reboot; just a lineup change following the last major arc. Long story short - Mjolnir has chosen someone new that's worthy of being Thor (that happens to be a woman, which I personally find amazing), Falcon/Sam Wilson has taken up Cap's mantle and shield, and Iron Man (now Superior) moved to San Francisco and converted from Windows to Apple and runs Mac OSX in his suit.

They mentioned this all wasn't intentionally designed to be a big shakeup, but all these plot changes happened to line up this way. Whether that's marketing or not, we'll see.

I will stop reading Marvel if they EVER go New 52 on us and reboot their universe. What I love about Marvel comics is the 70+ years worth of continuity that they still call back to, to this day.

well poor comic sales are what force them to do this, if it gets bad enough they may just do that, cant blame them. The stories would still be there for anyone to read, new ones would grab attention and hopefully sales, just how it is

As far as I know though, Marvel's sales have been really good. Thank god. Thank goodness for all the Avengers, X-Men, and Deadpool books, yeah? Hawkeye is also doing very very well.

As far as I know though, Marvel's sales have been really good. Thank god. Thank goodness for all the Avengers, X-Men, and Deadpool books, yeah? Hawkeye is also doing very very well.

certain single issues may do fine, but overall comic book sales fall every year, with trades and digital download its constantly dropping, thats why you see constant new #1's and random characters getting their own titles (storm..?) its a constant up hill battle for them. So they fall on gimmicks (deaths, mind swap, and now full character role changes)

I will stop reading Marvel if they EVER go New 52 on us and reboot their universe. What I love about Marvel comics is the 70+ years worth of continuity that they still call back to, to this day.

Absolutely.

The New 52 was a complete mess. Not just for the loss of continuity and confusing mess of it all, but for the way they treated some of the characters and creative teams. I stopped following the comics after that, and only remain a DC fan because of the DCAU, films, and pre New 52 stories and characters I enjoyed.

Marvel knows better, and I think they've been pretty smart with both the Ultimates universe and the more recent Now! branding.

:exactly:
Or at least post it in the comic book area.
:rotfl In my defense i did look for a comic book area, and i did google it, but i wanted to ask those that are all knowing if what i read was really true and i wasnt dreaming that crap :slap

Absolutely.

The New 52 was a complete mess. Not just for the loss of continuity and confusing mess of it all, but for the way they treated some of the characters and creative teams. I stopped following the comics after that, and only remain a DC fan because of the DCAU, films, and pre New 52 stories and characters I enjoyed.

Marvel knows better, and I think they've been pretty smart with both the Ultimates universe and the more recent Now! branding.
I loved the new 52 for about the first 15 issues. Other than the Forever evil series which is over now i will only go near Batman eternal and Injustice.

Back