Hot Toys Robocop ED-209 review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm finally catching up with my guest reviewers on the Hot Toys releases with my look at the new Robocop ED-209 tonight. What an amazing figure, and a testament to how far they've come in producing realistic figures over the last decade. You can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_062314a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Good review, I rember Jeff's original ED review was one of the first guest articles I had viewed on the site.

Only thing I don't agree with is "if you're a major fan of the film, you have to have this guy to go with your new Robocop". I'm a major fan of the film, but that rubber dome and electronic voice are huge deal breakers for me. My Hot Toys Robocop is going to have to deal with being lonely on the shelf when he arrives.

Everything else is spot on.

your reviews were my guide for many years. i still love reading them.

Good review, I rember Jeff's original ED review was one of the first guest articles I had viewed on the site.

Only thing I don't agree with is "if you're a major fan of the film, you have to have this guy to go with your new Robocop". I'm a major fan of the film, but that rubber dome and electronic voice are huge deal breakers for me. My Hot Toys Robocop is going to have to deal with being lonely on the shelf when he arrives.

Everything else is spot on.

I'm in the same boat buddy.

The HT Robocop is a must for my collection and the NECA ED-209 figure more than satisfies my needs in having an ED to display.

Nice review on ED.

Nice review, Michael. For me the voice is a non-issue (I'll never use it, not even to try it out) and hopefully the dome proves stable over time. If not, I'm sure someone will offer a recast of it down the line.

Back