Mythos Line officially dead for now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwiftC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Link: https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=140254&page=169

Post: Mythos and anything EU related is in a holding pattern currently. Characters/storylines/etc. not seen in the original films, prequel films, and Clone Wars TV show cannot be visited at this time. Perhaps that will change in the future once the new movies are released.

According to Alex over on Statue Forum anything EU related is now on hold due to the redefining of the Star Wars canon as the six films and the awful (IMO) Clone Wars series. This means they can not make any more mythos statues or EU PFS, busts, dioramas, etc. Alex also said that they hope to see this change when the new movies are released but that is a long ways off and still just a maybe.

So another reason to hate Disney. At least for me, as a massive EU fan, it was bad enough that so many stories I loved no longer mattered. Now I am even more heartbroken to find those stories can not be commemorated forever in statue form. No Thrawn, no Galen Marek, no Mara Jade, no Revan, no Nihilus, no Malak, no old Asajj, no nothing. Sideshow is limited to the films and show. Which leaves us what? Especially on the PF front. What have we got left? We will get a new Han and PT Obi-Wan eventually but what good characters are really left that Sideshow can do?

Mace, Qui-Gon, Lando, Ashoka, Cad Bane. Maybe a few of the OT bounty hunters. And that list includes stuff I could care less about personally.

I guess we will be getting a lot of background characters like the awesome prequel jedi designs like Kit Fisto, Luminara, Barriss, etc. Which would be nice if all of their stories that made me care about them weren't erased by Disney.

Oh never mind I'm sorry Barriss Offee still has a story. Thanks to Filoni and co. she is a scrawny, whiny padawan who for no apparent reason turns into a murdering psychopath on a dime!

I love what Disney is doing with this franchise!

NEVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!
luke-face.gif

Did they say it will result in people like kit fisto and what not, or is that just a guess?

Did they say it will result in people like kit fisto and what not, or is that just a guess?

No. But their options are so limited I assume we can expect a lot of background characters who are now thanks to Disney nothing more than background characters.

All the Mythos characters are in the main films.

Anyhow, the way I read it is that some of the EU may be approved later on.

I'm sure they could still make Kit Fisto in PF form as he was in the movies and clone wars. They just won't be making anything from the EU as its now "dead", and the entire Mythos line was taken from EU stories or Sideshow's own interpretation of the characters. Everything they do has to be from Star Wars canon for now.

All the Mythos characters are in the main films.

Anyhow, the way I read it is that some of the EU may be approved later on.

I've heard this too. They will take the good stuff and ignore the not good stuff. Haha

I feel bad for those of you extremely invested in the EU over the past 20 years. But I for one am very excited new comics, games and shows are coming, and are ALL cannon.

As I expected...:Flush
Hasbro got the same order some months ago (no-EU, less PT/TCW and bring the OT back in mind and prepare for Rebels/Ep7)

I`m more than sad about the Mythos Line, that Series showed the talent of Sideshow, creating fresh Designs without
the "Film related" boundaries from Lucas Arts/Disney (like the Dead/Count of the Dead Series)....

Strangely i only own EU Statues (Talon, TFU Shaak Ti, Malgus, Mythos Boba)...so this is a big deal for me...and i would love to have more EU Sith!:gah:

And we will never see the Mara Jade PF or Kaleesh Warlord Grievous...:slap

EU was never my thing to collect although I did enjoy some of the stories. I feel bad for all the collectors who did collect EU, talk about a punch to the gut. I don't know if Disney will ever be able to right this wrong.

EU was never my thing to collect although I did enjoy some of the stories. I feel bad for all the collectors who did collect EU, talk about a punch to the gut. I don't know if Disney will ever be able to right this wrong.

I don't think they could ever right this wrong. But I'll say one thing. The new movies better be pretty ****ing good.

Existing EU statues might become more valuable now with this news.. :dunno

I'm seriously bummed out about the Mythos line though, I would of kept collecting that line up instead of the PF's... What a bummer..

I don't think they could ever right this wrong. But I'll say one thing. The new movies better be pretty ****ing good.

Agreed on both parts.

Existing EU statues might become more valuable now with this news.. :dunno

I'm seriously bummed out about the Mythos line though, I would of kept collecting that line up instead of the PF's... What a bummer..

I could see the popular ones' value going up quite a bit with this news.

I read something that said like 99% of the EU was never confirmed to be cannon.

I read something that said like 99% of the EU was never confirmed to be cannon.

BS. Unless specifically noted as such, all Star Wars was cannon. It was literally someone's job to keep the canon cohesive despite the massive amounts of stories. George Lucas occasionally liked to say the EU did not matter. But then he approved the advertising of EU material as such and got involved with many of the stories being written in addition to, again, hiring someone to make sure the canon was consistent. And that person, Leland Chee, always talked of all Star Wars stories as cannon (Even the awful ones). And considering what the entire purpose of his job was, I'd say that's pretty good confirmation.

People who don't like the EU just like to pull random Lucas quotes that go against everything he has actually done as proof of the EU not being cannon. Just like there will never be a sequel trilogy, right George?

And I do understand people not liking the EU. So much of it is complete garbage, but it is also filled with so many great stories and characters. Some of which I even think are better than the films.

And take the Force Unleashed for example. (Because THERE IS ONLY ONE OF THEM) Lucas personally said that it was canon and that Shaak Ti's death in it was the canon version since some people were silly enough to think her deleted scenes in Episode 3 were the real version.

I think you guys are missing the forest for the trees. Since they didn't appear in the original films, the much bigger issue coming from this is. . .NO MORE STAR WARS M&M's!!!!!!

ge6248849.jpg

well .. we all know this somehow no ? It does not mean that all the great EU characters won't have their name back in canon ! Just maybe their stories might be different.. will shall see..

The movies still have so many cool characters we haven't seen in PF format.. so I am not to worried about seeing great PF coming out...

Mythos are great statues.. not my main focus (have only Obi and Gamorrean) because I prefer 1/4 scale.. but would love to see more rare characters coming out..

but looks like we all focus back to 1/4 scale

Back