Questions about Enterbay vs Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorty2434

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I am somewhat new to collecting. I have the Hot Toys Captain America: First Avenger and Loki (really glad I got the Avengers Loki, not at all impressed with the Thor: The Dark World version), which were my first ever Hot Toys (Cap being my very first, considering Loki was a PO and I didn't get him until last year). However I do have other smaller figures I've gotten through the years...a NECA Shaun of The Dead 12 inch talking figure, a couple Wall-E figures, Walking Dead Darryl and Rick figures (series 1 - still have a couple Darryl's in their packaging), one of the newer 10 inch Darryl figures, a Boondock Saints Murphy figure (still need Connor), some Despicable Me little collectibles, and whatnot. I also plan on PO'ing the new 2-pack of Cap and also Winter Soldier. Down the line I'd love to get an Iron Man, and possibly Joker, Superman and Spiderman. Maybe some others.

Anyway, after reading some threads I saw a lot of people talking about Enterbay, and I looked them up a bit. They have some nice looking figures, however upon doing some quick searches online, I've seen a lot of quality issues come up. I saw one video of a review a user did on youtube comparing the 1/4 Batman vs the Hot Toys version (have to say, I much preferred the Hot Toys version), but there were some major issues with the belt, as well as articulation and removal of the hands. I've looked up the Joker version, and there were similar concerns about the articulation, as well as users saying how delicate you had to be with the movements for fear of breaking something. I was just wondering what others had to say about Enterbay. Are they really that delicate, and are there really a lot of quality issues? I read one article from someone saying the company was crap due to their Jordan figures, and the comments saying how many issues there were with other figures, including the Joker.

I was just wondering if these figures are even worth looking into, or if I should just stick with Hot Toys, who I have been pretty satisfied with. I was also surprised to see how pricey the Enterbay figures were too, being more expensive than Hot Toys.

Hot Toys offerings are pretty solid quality wise.

Enterbay puts out some great sculpts, but the quality of what they ship out isn't there.

I'd recommend never ordering direct from EB. If you get landed with a QC issue you'll be SOL getting a timely response out of them.

Yeah the only issues I've had with Hot Toys so far have been minor. There was a small scratch on Cap's shield, but I was able to cover it somewhat with marker...will be looking into a better way of covering the scratch once I display him. And Loki's helmet I found very difficult to put on. I knicked his hair and cheek a little bit trying to get it on, but the figure looked amazing with the helmet on. Just wish it was easier to get on. That's about it though. I wish the hands were easier to get on and off (sometimes I feel like I might break the peg), but that's also probably due to my inexperience with the figures (any tips on how to easily remove and put on hands would be much appreciated).

I've read many comments though from people saying how joints for the Enterbay figures have come broken, and apparently their ankles seem to be extremely delicate. I watched one review by theclipperking on youtube, and he accidentally broke the ankle on a Bruce Lee figure just by turning the foot down. Other comments I've read where the hip joints or shoulder have come damaged on their figures, not to mention their articulation issues; and I've also read that their customer service sucks. I've seen a few videos too where the users say you have to use a dryer or hot water to switch hands, because they're incredibly difficult to take off and put on. It kind of amazes me that their figures can sell for so much, if there are such huge issues with the quality.

I ordered from Enterbay directly and had zero issues. It was the BD T-800 which I sold to someone here. They were very happy with it and that was our collective experience. I also ordered and sold the Enterbay 1/4 Joker with no issues either. Lastly I still have the home/away Michael Jordan #23 sixth scale figure and they are immaculate. To sum up, four direct buys from Enterbay with no issues.

I ordered from Enterbay directly and had zero issues. It was the BD T-800 which I sold to someone here. They were very happy with it and that was our collective experience. I also ordered and sold the Enterbay 1/4 Joker with no issues either. Lastly I still have the home/away Michael Jordan #23 sixth scale figure and they are immaculate. To sum up, four direct buys from Enterbay with no issues.

You're very lucky. Had one of those figures needed a return or replacement part you would almost certainly have had a frustrating experience.

If all things were equal I'd say go with Hot Toys, but it ultimately comes down to what exactly you want to collect. Enterbay has the NBA license and does those figures very well. The likeness of the Michael Jordan sculpts are incredible. I haven't had any issues with the figures themselves but both companies have QC issues. I haven't ordered from Enterbay directly but the stories I've read will keep me far away (I'll just stick with ordering from BBTS)--customer service doesn't seem to be in their DNA.

I'm more into movie/tv-type collectibles. Some figures in the Enterbay line look cool, like Bruce Lee and Leon. Goku looks spot on, but I'm not really a fan of the movie. The Terminator figures don't look too bad, same with Robocop. Don't think I could ever see myself spending that much on just 1 figure though, especially if things on it will break easy like joints and accessories, and have parts that are difficult to use without a blow dryer. This is my entire collection of figures and other little things:

Captain America: The First Avenger (Hot Toys)
Loki - Avengers (Hot Toys)
Cosbaby - Avengers set (Hot Toys)
Shaun of the Dead 12 inch talking figure (Neca)
The Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon (Series 1, have 3 all together but 2 are still in-box)
The Walking Dead - Rick Grimes (Series 1)
The Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon 10 inch figure
The Boondock Saints - Murphy (Neca; still need to get Connor)
Wall-E - U-Repair
Wall-E - 2.5 inch figurines (x2)
Loki - Movie Series with collectors base from Walmart
Loki - Cosmic Spear
Despicable Me - Plush Buddies
Despicable Me - 10 piece figurines
Despicable Me Battle Pods
Despicable Me Grab Zags (to complete the 10-piece figurine set)
Despicable Me 4 piece figure and cup Minion set (Cineplex Movies)
Avengers - Squinkies
Monsters University - Sulley Roll-A-Scare

Grab Zags:
Captain America - figure
Loki - figure (x2)
Black Widow - figure (x2)
Captain America - disc thrower
Loki - disc thrower (x2)
Black Widow - disc thrower (x2)
Avengers - disc thrower (x2)
Thor - disc thrower
Iron man - disc thrower
Hulk - disc thrower
Avengers - skateboard (x2)
Loki - Skateboard
Thor - Skateboard

I think that's everything. I could be missing some stuff, I've bought so many little things throughout the years, and have only just discovered Hot Toys within the last few years.

I plan on PO'ing the 2-figure Captain America set and the Winter Soldier from the new movie. Cap is probably my favourite Avenger, aside from Iron Man. Down the line I hope I also get my hands on an Iron Man and Joker, and possibly Superman and Spiderman. We'll see if any others strike my fancy.

Ah Enterbay

....to be celebrated for their willingness to take risks, innovate, and branch out in different directions, bringing us things we wouldn't get otherwise.
....and to be ***** slapped hard for their shoulder shrugging and refusal to make things right every time their incompetent factories send out faulty product.

I told myself that I would only collect Hot Toys and nothing else. Just purchased my first Enterbay figure 2weeks ago and hoping I don't get disappointed. I purchased Enterbay IP Man and still waiting for master IP arrival!

I told myself that I would only collect Hot Toys and nothing else. Just purchased my first Enterbay figure 2weeks ago and hoping I don't get disappointed. I purchased Enterbay IP Man and still waiting for master IP arrival!

First thing you'll need to do with that figure is switch out the body to a TT :lol

yoda.jpg

Is the enterbay body loose?

You might get lucky, but typically the body has loose hips and can't support itself in extreme poses or on one leg - not ideal for a wing chun figure. But also the neck ball joint is too high in the torso, which results in a giraffe neck.

Apart from that it's a great figure, despite it not being their best sculpt. The wooden dummy and metal plate make for a great display and the costume is cool.

Enjoying that BD T-800 to this day man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enterbay is replacing a helmet I broke on my robocop by dropping the head
For free

I've heard horror stories about them but couldn't have experienced anything better in terms of response time and a willingness to help me out
I just sent it last week so the verdict is out but up to this point, its been great

Enterbay is replacing a helmet I broke on my robocop by dropping the head
For free

I've heard horror stories about them but couldn't have experienced anything better in terms of response time and a willingness to help me out
I just sent it last week so the verdict is out but up to this point, its been great

That's great, hopefully part of an overall strategy to win back some trust (and business).

I was just wondering if these figures are even worth looking into, or if I should just stick with Hot Toys, who I have been pretty satisfied with. I was also surprised to see how pricey the Enterbay figures were too, being more expensive than Hot Toys.

I'd recommend never ordering direct from EB. If you get landed with a QC issue you'll be SOL getting a timely response out of them.

You're very lucky. Had one of those figures needed a return or replacement part you would almost certainly have had a frustrating experience.

Ah Enterbay

....to be celebrated for their willingness to take risks, innovate, and branch out in different directions, bringing us things we wouldn't get otherwise.
....and to be ***** slapped hard for their shoulder shrugging and refusal to make things right every time their incompetent factories send out faulty product.
:goodpost: :exactly: :lol

I don't think it's fair to compare EB vs HT anymore b/c in my opinion, the war is long over. Hot Toys is pretty much the equivalent of Skynet at this point, and everyone else (like Enterbay) is living beneath the scorched landscape of Earth trying to make a living on worms and sewer rats. :lol

To answer the OP's question, if a company releases a figure of a character you're interested in than it's always worth looking into regardless of manufacturer. This forum is probably your best resource for information regarding the release of any figure past, present and future, so use it wisely before making purchases and you should be fine. :wave

Back