Hot Toys Red Skull cheap 2nd figure build

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro Design

Super Freak
Reaction score
Picked up a red skull this week and with some helpful advice from Barry here on the forum... I put together another figure for about $40.

Figured i would post up what I bought and what I did for others that wanted to have a 2nd figure for super cheap! Both sculpts are awesome and is a shame not having them both displayed.
Bought the parts from toy anxiety. You can obviously get whatever parts as this is a custom build but this all works for what I wanted done.

Cyber Hobby: Gottfried Fischer - Uniform
CHGFWW2DRA15 1 $9.99

Violent Samurai - Nude Body w/ Hand Joints
VSVTS08 1 $12.99

Articulated Body: AB 01 African American - Conversion Neck Joint
AB01ZC03 1 $3.99

Cosplay: Doujinshi - Boots w/ Ball Joints
COS1DAM04 1 $13.99

The uniform isn't 100% necessary as the coat covers the bulk of the body but I wanted the collar under the coat. So I bought a uniform that looked close around the neck area and then bought some black and red fabric paint from hobby lobby. $1.60 each. Painted the collar black. Let it dry then painted the red striping. Cut off the bulky pockets on the uniform then put it all together. I pulled the feet pegs out of the shoe and bundled up the pant legs and pressed on the shoes nice and tight. Had to grind off a little of the post on the new neck joint that went into the red skull head. Little hot water and pried off the original head joint and fit the new one. Also I ground off a little of the body of the figure as it looked a little bulky and was tight in the pants and forearm. Used a razor and shaved off a good bit of his azz too! Lol! Used a couple of the spare sets of his hands, popped on the head sculpt and buttoned up his overcoat... Bam! spiffy new red skull that is hard to tell which one of the two is the real hot toys!

:clap:yess:

I'm still waiting for my Red Skull..... as Out for Delivery yesterday, never came... 9pm at night, they updated the status and said it was Available for Pickup timestamped 1:27pm.... even worse, they never left a slip so I didn't know which post office to go to. Went to the one that usually holds my orders, they said it was not there, said I have to wait for a slip. Nothing today either, yet it still says Available for Pickup with the same timestamp as yesterday. Called them up, they said it was probably Out for Delivery and that I should wait until 7 since trucks are still going around. It's almost 7pm and still nothing... :(

Great work! It looks the business. See, i told you it's possible to build a second one on a budget!
I am eyeing that Waffen SS uniform posted today to make yet another RS custom(Perhaps one of each as i still have two spare headsculpts).

That's awesome, makes me want a Red Skull now, currently trying to Bash a new Terminator for the extra head from the DX13.

..... makes me sad I sold my Mr. Smith head :( I was always going to do this. oh well.

How much do you reckon the parts are worth, let's say the 2 heads, black overcoat w/ belt, hands, tesseract, and pistol w/ the neck adapter and wrist pegs and box included, all together? Basically the value/worth of everything except for the body and grey uniform.

..... makes me sad I sold my Mr. Smith head :( I was always going to do this. oh well.

Don't panic. There are LOADS of RS heads available for not much money.

How much do you reckon the parts are worth, let's say the 2 heads, black overcoat w/ belt, hands, tesseract, and pistol w/ the neck adapter and wrist pegs and box included, all together? Basically the value/worth of everything except for the body and grey uniform.

I'd reckon $120, but depends on how cheaply you can still get the full figure for.
Knock off the cost of the uniform and body and that's how much the rest will be worth.

Don't panic. There are LOADS of RS heads available for not much money.

I'd reckon $120, but depends on how cheaply you can still get the full figure for.
Knock off the cost of the uniform and body and that's how much the rest will be worth.

yea i would think you would be better off buying just buying a cheap used one that is complete and the additional parts for the 2nd figure. if you are not dying for the uniform look around the collar and go with a different set of boots, you can buy the parts for around $20...

Cool, thanks! I saw this item on eBay that has everything except the body and grey uniform and I thought it might be a good deal but I wasn't sure, since it comes with both heads, most of the hands, and all the accessories including the coat. With 2 cheap bodies, and maybe that SS uniform in the official Red Skull thread, could maybe make 2 nice Red Skull figures for about the price of 1. Most figures have been going for $200+ shipped that I've seen.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151209970226?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

saw there was one listed on here for sale yesterday for $160 shipped... for $180-$200 you can do it yourself and have both. plus you have the original complete figure that you can sell as such if you ever decide to do so... vs. trying to sell something like listed in that auction...

I just kept the stand, a set of hands, the cosmic cube, Red Skull head and leather jacket. Sold the rest on eBay and got like $175 for it. Since I bought it at $200 complete and I just had to buy a $12.99 blank body and $5.00 for some boots I have a skull in my collection for a MAD cheap $44.

Back