Cinemax Star Wars Marathon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfoga

Super Freak
Reaction score
I noticed this last night it started at 12AM EST. They are showing all 6 movies in order. They are also in HD from what they said but I dont have Cinemax HD. It looks like they are showing all 6 4 times in a row.

mfoga said:
I noticed this last night it started at 12AM EST. They are showing all 6 movies in order. They are also in HD from what they said but I dont have Cinemax HD. It looks like they are showing all 6 4 times in a row.

Thats a lot of Star Wars.... bummer I don't have Cinemax.

Bah I have it... but not here at college. Oh well, I own all six but then again it would be like watching them when I was little and they came on HBO. Ahhh the cold winter afternoons watchin Empire.

i'm watching them all now. started last nite but couldn't hang. glad they're doing it thruout the day. hell i just found out where the sculptors got the look for the jedi Luke figure. hadn't seen the movies in awhile and always wondered why they gave Luke that kinda shocked expression. seems to be the expression Hamill makes right when Yoda tells him there is another Skywalker.

There's something different about watching them on cable as opposed to popping the disc in and having control over the viewing, for me at least. I'll stop what I'm doing to sit and watch something I already own on DVD when it's playing on cable, but I would probably not take the time to pop the disc in and sit and watch it. I'll wax poetic and say it's like the hands of time giving the proverbial tap on the shoulder to take a load off and indulge in some much-needed TV time.

vespagirl said:
There's something different about watching them on cable as opposed to popping the disc in and having control over the viewing, for me at least. I'll stop what I'm doing to sit and watch something I already own on DVD when it's playing on cable, but I would probably not take the time to pop the disc in and sit and watch it. I'll wax poetic and say it's like the hands of time giving the proverbial tap on the shoulder to take a load off and indulge in some much-needed TV time.

I agree. I've been meaning to put Empire or Jedi in all week, but know I won't sit there and watch. Now it's on I find myself not wanting to leave the room. :D

I have to admit it's weird seeing it in fullscreen though. I've been watching them widescreen for years now and forgot how much you kinda miss in the shots.

Funny thing is it made get some of my figures out and re-pose them and whatnot. Really makes me want more figuress from Empire though!!! Especially Leia!

Let me be the first to say that DirecTV BLOWS for not offering Cinemax HD!!! :emperor

I can't imagine Star Wars in HD... but about Leia, I really hope the next Leia SS offers is Bespin Gown Leia. I think that is the most "princess" looking Leia as "buns" Leia has kinda been given the whole Rebel vibe more then Senator or Princess.

vespagirl said:

i'm the same way. got a buttload of DVDs and tapes that haven't even been opened but if it comes on TV, i'm like mesmerized and can't leave the room lol.

and whoa! when did they add Hayden's spirit standing there in the end w/ Yoda and old Obi? and isn't it a bit weird w/ young Ani standing w/ old Alec Ben? i guess that could be the spirit/force reverting to what Vader was like before the darkside got ahold.

Mookeylama said:
and whoa! when did they add Hayden's spirit standing there in the end w/ Yoda and old Obi? and isn't it a bit weird w/ young Ani standing w/ old Alec Ben? i guess that could be the spirit/force reverting to what Vader was like before the darkside got ahold.

It's exactly that. When Anakin became Vader the good part of him died there. So at the end when Vader returns to the light his spirit emerges as it was prior to his ever becoming the Dark Lord. Although I'm in the minority, I kinda like it better this way. It makes sense and really ties the Saga together.

It was changed along with a few other things throughout the Clasic Trilogy when they wre released on DVD. Off hand, Boba Fett's voice, the Holo-Emperor conversation on board the Executor, and the look of Jabba in A new Hope are things that were changed as well.

:)

Monitor said:
It's exactly that. When Anakin became Vader the good part of him died there. So at the end when Vader returns to the light his spirit emerges as it was prior to his ever becoming the Dark Lord. Although I'm in the minority, I kinda like it better this way. It makes sense and really ties the Saga together.

It was changed along with a few other things throughout the Clasic Trilogy when they wre released on DVD. Off hand, Boba Fett's voice, the Holo-Emperor conversation on board the Executor, and the look of Jabba in A new Hope are things that were changed as well.

I'm with you there as well... I like it that way... just seems more fitting IMO. The only thing I didn't like about the Special Editions was the Han shooting first thing. That's it. Everything was cool, especially the changes when it went to DVD...Awesome additions.

Monitor said:
Although I'm in the minority, I kinda like it better this way. It makes sense and really ties the Saga together.

so most people don't like Hayden's spirit being added in? i loved it! totally drew the movies together. my sci fi/comic trained nitpicking mind first had to go "WTH? why's he young and Obi old?", but right after i thought about it, it made perfect sense that he would revert to predarkside. really a great addition.

as to who asked how they looked on Cinemax, they looked awesome! totally clear and crisp. couldn't believe they were 20 year old movies. gotta get me the DVDs.

I preferred the old Anakin ghost as that portrayed him at the end of his journey, fallen and redeemed. Having the young ghost just makes it seem like he wasn't really responsible for the stuff that happened after he turned to the dark side, as if Darth Vader were some entirely different being altogether. Why would he want his spirit form to portray him at a point in his life when he was at his most selfish and arrogant?

Mookeylama said:
well that's a good point too^. plus it's kind of a diss to the actor that played the original ghost.
And like someones feeling would ever stop Lucas. Look at the outrage he gets from the fans but does that stop him? NO. He will do what he wants when he wants and no one can stop him. I have heard that he has killed Indy 4 too, Speilberg signed off on the script, even said that it was one of the best first drafts he had ever read since the first Indy and then when it got to Lucas he slammed it.

Back