Cinemax Star Wars Marathon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Khev said:
Me too until I found out they're foolscreen.
Well thats only true if you dont have the HD Channel. If you have the HD Channel you get the HD versions. I don't have it either, not many companies carry it either from what I can see, I wish it would have been on Showtime or HBO.

mfoga said:
Well thats only true if you dont have the HD Channel. If you have the HD Channel you get the HD versions. I don't have it either, not many companies carry it either from what I can see, I wish it would have been on Showtime or HBO.
Ah gotcha. Dang that would have been sweet then. I have HD cable for my LCD HDTV, but not Cinemax.

I watched this all weekend as well. I finally got to see the Endor Commando team as well as Nik Sant. Heh.

BTW, the Lo Def Cinemax Full Screen Episode 1 looks HORRIBLE!!!!!!! The Full Screen enlargements (which I hate anyway, of course) really go way beyond the resolution. I could not believe this was airing in this condition.

B A D!

I reactivated my DirecTV after a year without it, and was bummed to see that Cinemax HD was not available. So much for recording Star Wars with an HD DVR.

I watched the ENTIRE trilogy on a 64" HDTV this weekend, TWICE. I really do have no life. We were doing a split screen, Star Wars Marathon on one half, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the other half. I actually feel sorry for myself.

Very cool thing indeed. I'm moving shortly and (gasp) I haven't got HD yet for my big screen because of the move coming up. I'll get HBO HD right in the nick of time. I can't wait! :chew

Here are some dates I pulled from HBO's schedule for their HD showings:

Episode I: The Phantom Menace
1/30

Episode II: Attack of the Clones
2/6, 2/11, 2/19, 2/20, 2/22, 2/28

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
1/28, 2/13

Episode IV: A New Hope
2/4, 2/9, 2/14, 2/20, 2/24, 2/28

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
2/3, 2/9, 2/15, 2/18, 2/27

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Nothing yet. Hopefully in March. :confused:

HBO finally has the last one on their schedule. :rock

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
3/6, 3/11, 3/14, 3/17, 3/23, 3/29

DekeStarkiller said:
Seriously fellas, I was blown away on how nice SW and ESB looked in HD. Just amazing.

Hells yes!!! I have Episodes 3&4 on my DVR and will get 5 later this week. Screw having to wait forever for these on HD-DVD.

Back