Friday the 13th (2009) Sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Something Sexy

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/7...-friday-13th-sequels-tv-series-and-video-game

As we sit back and enjoy our favorite Friday the 13th installments today, I think I speak for us all when I say that I can't help but wonder when Jason Voorhees will return in a new adventure.

We haven't seen the big guy since he got the remake treatment in 2009, and who better to quiz about Jason's future than Sean Cunningham, the creator of the whole damn franchise?

In an interview with FEARnet with Scott Neumyer, Cunningham talked about several planned projects that will give Jason the chance to live and kill again, including the sequel to the aforementioned remake that we recently found out was slowly moving forward. "There will be another Friday the 13th, which will probably get shot in the spring," said Cunnigham. "If it all goes as I would like, it would then be released at the beginning of 2015." He went on to say that the sequel won't be a continuation of the story from the remake and that it's not likely that any cast members from that movie will be returning. Fine with me, as long as that doesn't exclude Derek Mears!

Though we've been told in the past that there likely won't ever be a sequel to Freddy vs. Jason, Cunningham also talked about the possibility of that happening, quite surprisingly remarking that the chances of it happening are good. He essentially chalked this belief up to the idea that fans will never lose interest in either of the two franchises; if the demand is there, anything is possible. "The other reason that I think it’s a possibility is that we spent so much effort in trying to find a way to get the two of them together in a movie that was action-packed and unpredictable that we had lots of material that was unused," he further elaborated.

As if that wasn't excitement enough from Jason's neck of the woods for the day, Cunningham even mentioned the possibility of a web series titled "Friday the 13th: Crystal Lake Chronicles," which he says writers are currently working on. "We’ve been on-again off-again with that for years and there are a bunch of great stories to be told, but I think the way that it’s finally going to get delivered is not through a conventional television network, but through the Internet. I can’t tell you who the delivery people will be, but it won’t be the traditional route."

He left one more little nugget of information for us to drool over, wrapping up the interview by saying that a long awaited new video game may soon be headed our way. "I think we even have an idea for a terrific Friday the 13th video game," teased the man we owe it all to.

I'd of course recommend you take all this information with a grain of salt, but it's certainly exciting to hear Cunningham talking Friday the 13th again. Hell, if even half of these projects come to fruition, I'll be a happy camper!

Wonder why they wouldn't just continue the story of the 2009 reboot if/when a new movie comes out? It wasn't perfect, but with some tweaks the sequels could've made improvements. And does this mean yet another origin movie for Jason (or do they mean, same Jason but no continuation of the brother/sister story from the remake)?

Webisodes and the video game sound sketchy. Pretty sure the production values on both would be poor when compared to mainstream releases.

Wonder why they wouldn't just continue the story of the 2009 reboot if/when a new movie comes out? It wasn't perfect, but with some tweaks the sequels could've made improvements. And does this mean yet another origin movie for Jason (or do they mean, same Jason but no continuation of the brother/sister story from the remake)?

Webisodes and the video game sound sketchy. Pretty sure the production values on both would be poor when compared to mainstream releases.

Because a company who handles remakes exclusively wouldn't know the first thing about how to make an "original" sequel. Jason in winter would've been badass. :monkey2

I would LOVE a sequel to Freddy Vs Jason... I have been waiting for one since i saw the first one.

It is kind of weird to think about a Friday game. What would it be about?

I would LOVE a sequel to Freddy Vs Jason... I have been waiting for one since i saw the first one.

:lol I see the battle ending the same way ad nauseum (though them making Jason afraid of water was just bad writing). This is why they toyed with adding Ash to the mix.

Because a company who handles remakes exclusively wouldn't know the first thing about how to make an "original" sequel. Jason in winter would've been badass. :monkey2
Yeah, I loved that idea. Really would've been a fresh twist for the series. Lot of great imagery they could've incorporated pretty easily. :(

Not interested in Freddy, myself, especially the new one. Now there's a remake that totally sucked.

Videogame could be cool, I think, but only if were intended as a first class release. I could imagine it being a pretty neat survival/horror game where say at first you're just interacting with stuff and people around the camp until things start going increasingly wrong and end game being about surviving/killing Jason. Thing is it just seems anyone who works with these kinds of franchises basically have no imagination and always seem to target the lowest common denominator in their audience. I'd be very surprised if what they have in mind turned out to be worth playing. Fact that they're even talking about webisodes makes me think that they don't see much return on investment with the property.

:lol I see the battle ending the same way ad nauseum (though them making Jason afraid of water was just bad writing). This is why they toyed with adding Ash to the mix.
I'd have watched a Freddy/Jason/Ash movie just for Campbell. Hard to imagine them getting his humour right, though. But still, would've been worth a look had it happened.

i am pretty sure they won't bring Ash for this. It makes me wonder how they are planning the sequel. I still really want to see a sequel.

Videogame could be cool, I think, but only if were intended as a first class release. I could imagine it being a pretty neat survival/horror game where say at first you're just interacting with stuff and people around the camp until things start going increasingly wrong and end game being about surviving/killing Jason. Thing is it just seems anyone who works with these kinds of franchises basically have no imagination and always seem to target the lowest common denominator in their audience. I'd be very surprised if what they have in mind turned out to be worth playing. Fact that they're even talking about webisodes makes me think that they don't see much return on investment with the property.

I think playing as Jason would be a lot more fun frankly :lol

A winter Friday the 13th movie would be awesome. It would certainly be a fresh take on the same old story each film is. You'd have to worry about things like footprints, freezing, the frozen lake, brightness of the snow, etc, etc.

I'd rather see a Jason vs. Micheal Myers film. I don't know how you would write for two characters who don't speak, but they would be well matched opponents.

Hey the first reboot gave us Julianna Guill

friday-13th-julianna-guill-safe.jpg

not to mention Willa Ford nekkid. I'm good with it since then, I'd happily take a sequel. :lol

(I wonder how many people will actually click the pic…)

What about Leatherface then?
There was even a Jason vs Leatherface comic. what about making that movie?

Back