• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Are offers ok now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olbertfrog

Super Freak
Reaction score
I m surprised to see more and more offers in sales thread´s lately
Sales that do not have prices, wich is basically bidding...
Is that ok now?

Yes it is supposedly ok now, however personally I preferred the original "you MUST state a price" policy... sadly its gone and more and more people are just asking for offers...

I m surprised to see more and more offers in sales thread´s lately
Sales that do not have prices, wich is basically bidding...
Is that ok now?

yes it's ok now ! actually its been like that for well over a year . now do you have anything to offer ?

This is so dumb, I dont come here to bid... What I hate more though are sellers who still ask for gift payments, thats an instant "nope" from me, I wont even inquire with those ones

I thought there were rules in place to forbid requests for gift payments on these boards? As a once duped buyer I'll certainly never make that mistake again!

Not a fan of this offer trend either.

Last edited:
Apparently if you send a gift payment you can call paypal and tell them you didn't authorize it and get your money back.

It seems to actually protect the buyer better than it does the seller!

Apparently if you send a gift payment you can call paypal and tell them you didn't authorize it and get your money back.

Only if they receive the item, ive been through a buyer doing this on this board, he sent a gift payment ( told him not to) and i was honest and shipped with tracking and he filed a claim over a malfunctioning part. I offered to replace it but he escalated it, then paypal froze my funds... They said "well he received the item so therefore it was a purchase" so I would have been better off screwing him over

Making offers okay has been a terrible policy. All I see are sellers who test the waters and lie and say they received a better off when they clearly haven't or they say it is a one day sale and ask for an offer but I see them relisting the same item over a span of three weeks. Or they just don't even intend to sell anything and just want to know how much they could have sold something.

Yeah it makes for a secret backroom bidding war through pms, best course of action is to just not even acknowledge them or everyone just lowball them :lol

Has anyone brought this up to Dave to see what his reasoning is for the change? I agree that a price should be posted. It's common sense that if you really want to sell something, you'll post an asking price and THEN take offers if people feel your price is too high. By not doing so you already lose potential buyers...

Has anyone brought this up to Dave to see what his reasoning is for the change? I agree that a price should be posted. It's common sense that if you really want to sell something, you'll post an asking price and THEN take offers if people feel your price is too high. By not doing so you already lose potential buyers...

I totally agree

so you commit fraud by violating your user agreement with PayPal by sending payment as a gift, and then commit fraud a second time by lying about authorizing that payment :slap

I think I lost a purchase of a HT Hulk yesterday to a better offer after being first in line . I may be bummed but what can I do ? even with the no offer rule , you will never be able to stop a better offer from being pmd. all the seller has to say to you is I have one other person ahead of you. it all comes down to the integrity of the seller ,especially when it comes down to a hot item. a no offer rule just pushes the offers into the shadows.

so you commit fraud by violating your user agreement with PayPal by sending payment as a gift, and then commit fraud a second time by lying about authorizing that payment :slap

you should applaud him/her cause now you know to use caution in dealing with her/him.

Back