Worst SDCC for Star Wars i can remember :(

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandible

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been following SDCC's since the Master Replicas days where they first showed their AT-AT - and I remember my jaw hitting the floor.

By hook, or by crook, I was going to own that piece of art. It was a dream come true for the 10 year old inside me who sat in the cinema in 1980 totally mesmerized by the Hoth battle.

And every year since then there's always been something to get excited about... until this year.

Just about everything that has been shown/announced we already knew was coming (except for eFX, who showed some cool stuff - but with their track record, who knows when (and if) these will happen... Slave 1 SS anyone?).

Oh well, as some of you have said, I'll be saving my cash for other stuff I guess :dunno

Not statues, but the Hoth 1/6 scale figures are the most exciting Star Wars releases I've ever personally seen announced since I've started collecting.

If there isn't a single Star Wars item to interest you from this year's show, it might be time to find a different license to collect.

I'm really bumed about no Mythos this year. I know they say the its continuing but no hint of new ones means after Vader it will be at least a year until we get another one.

1:6 Hoth Han and Luke, on tauntauns, dones to the nines, is one of the greatest moments in Star Wars collecting history. It shouldn't matter what scale or medium you choose to give your devotion to. You should be in awe. It is awesome.

They've been revealing stuff earlier than they used to, but that's also because we want them to. It is a little bit less than they have done before. I'm disappointed that there wasn't anything but new 1/6th figures but it was still pretty big stuff.

I cant say I'm disappointed because as a SW fan the Hoth figures are nice.
I was expecting at least one Mythos however I finally seen the 1:1 Yoda. which i will get and make it my centerpiece.
Only thing i was mad about was no Revan but can you blame me? hehe

SS 1:6 Taun Taun is good enough for me. Plus I already have SS 1:6 Vader, SS 1:6 Snowtrooper on order, Vader Mythos probably, Hasbro 6" figures coming... Star Wars can kiss my ***!

BB

I'm cursing the geek gods more for Johnathan Rinzler suddenly uncovering lost footage and out takes that never made it to the blu rays, and oh, by the way, no video recording, and this may never be seen.

Maybe we'd feel more dazzled if they'd saved the snowtrooper PF and Proto Boba for the show.

Next year and 2015 there is going to be so much Star Wars that it'll choke a Rancor. I wouldn't worry too much, the stuff shown is quality and I'm glad it wasn't a flood because there'll be enough in the coming years

Not like there is enough Star Wars stuff to chose from at any convention....:cuckoo:

Yeah, but most of it will probably be from the new movie which I probably won't want.
A good point. In fact, I wonder if companies won't take attention away from classic stuff when the new movies start hitting. Would be a shame, since there's so much classic Star Wars that still hasn't received proper 1/6 scale treatment.

I agree.. only the snowtrooper is nice and gets my attention. I was expecting at least one new mythos and at least a WOW Pf surprise... cody is nice but nit a wow.... overall ... I think we were spoilt from last year with 5 mythos... and malgus and shaak ti as WOW surprises

I would absolutely love to see the KOTOR era characters get some limelight in the 1/4th sceen...Bastila, Revan, Malak...So many good and awesome looking characters...

what was there... Han / Luke / Taun Taun / Probe was awesome... but seeing Grievous displayed again... Vader again... Malgus again... wtf. Maul Legendary scale again... Obi Legendary... it felt sparse. the Star Wars SST panel mentioned nothing one didn't already know about...

Back