Worst SDCC for Star Wars i can remember :(

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it all depends on what you're looking for. The 1/6 SW figures are representing pretty good this year. 1:1 Vader and Fett aren't too shabby either.

If there isn't a single Star Wars item to interest you from this year's show, it might be time to find a different license to collect.

Yep. I think I'm at that point, unfortunately :(

I was looking forward to the 1/6 landspeeder, but that seems to have disappeared off the radar.

A good point. In fact, I wonder if companies won't take attention away from classic stuff when the new movies start hitting. Would be a shame, since there's so much classic Star Wars that still hasn't received proper 1/6 scale treatment.

Agreed. There's still a lot of iconic stuff that hasn't been given the attention it deserves.

I was really disappointed until Yoda showed up today :D

I probably won't be so happy once they release pricing on it though :(

I like the SSC 1:6 Probe Droid, not too fond of 1;6 ROTJ Vader (the helmet shown is too small), and maybe the eFX TK helmet and Scout.

Yeah, but most of it will probably be from the new movie which I probably won't want.

You don't want a PF of a old and fat Leia and slave outfit or Han with his walker?

The Mike said:
sigpic778_106.gif

That's hawt.

We have to remember that a movie is coming. Why release product now with 1 million collectors when you can wait 1-2 years and release it to 30 million collectors?

(Yeah, those are just random numbers)

efx and their schedule is the biq question mark -

Life size stormtrooper armor
Legend stormtrooper helmet
Legend Boba Fett ESB helmet
Biker Scout helmet
Studio Scale Y-wing

would be plenty for me, not even mentioning the SSC Yoda.

I was happy to see, and get this piece below. Everything else I have in some sort of collectible - GG, SS, Hasbro, eFX. But this, and in 12", is the highlight of this years SDCC exclusives for SW. Sadly, could not go to SDCC, so got him on ebay: Awesome SW Exclusive.

efx and their schedule is the biq question mark -

Life size stormtrooper armor
Legend stormtrooper helmet
Legend Boba Fett ESB helmet
Biker Scout helmet
Studio Scale Y-wing

would be plenty for me, not even mentioning the SSC Yoda.

It's just that I find eFX not worth waiting for. It's just one loooong waiting game. To be quite honest, I don't feel that the extensive waiting time makes up for the final product.

Still, I'm looking forward to the Scout Trooper helmet. But eFX leads a type of business where I won't even bother being excited.

Everything I'm looking forward to came from eFXs booth this year but as others have posted, it's gonna be a long wait.

It's a shame. I generally enjoy the anxiety and excitement of collecting. Just not when it comes to eFX. I guess their lack of communication plays a role here.

Back