Has anyone ever used MoneyPak to add funds to their PayPal account?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for learning purposes...

moneypak2.jpg

It looks like this. You'll see it in the gift card section, sometimes by customer service.

You buy it in a store like a gift card (although I think you have to use cash?). Whatever amount you put on the card, you go to your paypal account, and there's a "Add funds from MoneyPak" option, where you put in the card's number. Voila - that amount is now in your Paypal account.

I think you can use it to pay for things directly as well, but I've never done that.

It's super handy for people like me, who try to keep their paypal away from personal finances, and run the risk of letting my "real" money bleed into my collectible funds. It's $5, so as long as you're not using it to add $20 to your account once a week, it's a great service.

a monthly service fee. used one to try to curb my spending habits. it just made it a hassle. it's good if you don't have a credit card or can't get one. it's a per-loaded debit card with the visa / MC spend-ability.

when i had one last year, they subtracted $5.95 monthly from my preloaded balance to keep it open. if the amount slips to a negative, they close it after i think 30 days.

Back