ebay sales

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodie The Cursed

Super Freak
Reaction score
is there a way to block the 0 feedback bidders who opned an account like yesterday?.. I hate it when those guys take the lead over someone legit. any info is appreciated

bosie

s there a way to block the 0 feedback bidders who opned an account like yesterday?.. I hate it when those guys take the lead over someone legit. any info is appreciated

bosie

There is no way to block all bidders with 0 feedback. You can, however, block people who have a feedback score of -1 or less.

I had this issue as well, tried every setting i could find, but apparently ebay told me it doesnt stop people from bidding :dunno

Of course, they want to encourage "new" members to buy stuff. Unfortunately, most of the new buyers are, I'm convinced, deadbeats who had previous accounts removed. Because 9/10 times, newbie bidders with 0 feedback string me along after winning and/or don't pay, or create some other kind of BS hassle, making up excuses, starting to ask stupid questions after the item is "sold," etc. I will remove 0 feedback guys who are bidding before an item ends, and block them, but it's such a pain in the *** to cancel a transaction after the fact without the buyer agreeing to do so.

Just because someone has zero feedback doesn't mean that they're going to screw you over. We all had zero at one time or another. I can tell you from my experience that I didn't make an account with eBay until there was something I wanted to bid on.

Wouldn't you be protected by Paypal now anyway?

Yeah, that's eBay's stock response :lol But. . .like I said, people with zero feedback generally are a pain. Paypal protects buyers. EBay supposedly protects sellers as well, but I suspect very strongly that they will take buyers over sellers most of the time in any dispute, irrespective of relative feedback, etc.

Just because someone has zero feedback doesn't mean that they're going to screw you over. We all had zero at one time or another. I can tell you from my experience that I didn't make an account with eBay until there was something I wanted to bid on.

Wouldn't you be protected by Paypal now anyway?

Sorry I don't want the guy who opened an account two days ago with zero feedback to out bid the guy with 2590 feedback on an expensive highly scammable item. Pass.

I'm much more open to taking a gamble when I'm selling a $5-10 item, but yeah, if it's a $400 figure or statue there's very little chance I'm going to ship to a guy with 0 feedback.

One thing eBay has done to make things even more difficult for sellers is that you can't dissuade people from bidding in your auction listing. They even have automated scans when you're listing an item. If you say something like "don't bid if. . ." they will make you change it :lol

my last buyer complained to me about my flat rate of 20 dollars for shipping before they bid.. they said "how can you justify this shipping rate" I asked them kindly not to bid then. of course they did anyway and sniped and won it.. a Hundred dollar bust they won for 30 bucks.. Shipping was 2 dollars less than I had listed as my flat rate.. they sent me a message after it had been shipped to them asking for the two dollars back.. I said no and proceeded to get my first negative in 15 years.. and I couldn't even give one back.. thanks for the support ebay...

my last buyer complained to me about my flat rate of 20 dollars for shipping before they bid.. they said "how can you justify this shipping rate" I asked them kindly not to bid then. of course they did anyway and sniped and won it.. a Hundred dollar bust they won for 30 bucks.. Shipping was 2 dollars less than I had listed as my flat rate.. they sent me a message after it had been shipped to them asking for the two dollars back.. I said no and proceeded to get my first negative in 15 years.. and I couldn't even give one back.. thanks for the support ebay...

Wow that sounds messed up but I guess that's ebay its more buyer friendly lately and I feel like I am playing Russian rullet lately every-time I post an auction. I had one person ask me if I would insure a figure threw USPS if they won the auction.....straight up told them if its not in stock at a store somewhere with a verifiable price tag its almost useless to insure threw USPS...that went on for 2 days until he gave up.

Back