The Michael J. Fox Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivek

Super Freak
Reaction score
Michael J. Fox Developing A New Sitcom; Audiences Rejoice And Networks Clamor | Badass Digest
So happy to know this is happening :). This was reported back in August 2012. Then the following was confirmed at NBC a week later.

Michael J. Fox Returning to NBC; Network Orders 22 Episodes of his New Sit-Com Before Pilot is Shot

NBC Wins Michael J. Fox’s New Sitcom After Dramatically Outbidding Rivals

Lea Thompson wishing Michael J. Fox on his new series.

MJF_Lea_Thompson_tweet.png

https://twitter.com/LeaKThompson/status/296687010083643392

Re: Michael J. Fox Developing A New Sitcom

Nice!

And that tweet from Lea Thompson is awesome. :lol

Great news about MJF in general although I can't remember the last show on NBC I watched. SNL in early 2000? I hope it's at least as good as Spin City if not funnier.

Love to see some new stuff from Fox. A fantastic actor...

Hope he has grown.......good to see him back in the saddle.

Excited about the new Michael J. Fox Show. The name of the show is kinda brilliant, cause that alone will be sufficient to grab the attention of the audience.

https://www.facebook.com/TheMichaelJFoxShow
https://twitter.com/MichaelJFoxShow
Facebook and Twitter pages.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6jcVCGkDKI]The Michael J. Fox Show - Preview Clip - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXl-krlLoxg]The Michael J. Fox Show Official Trailer - NBC - YouTube[/ame]

This looks really funny but I admit watching him at times is painful because you can tell what he's going through.

The whole concept is a little confusing tbh. It's named the "Michael J. Fox Show" and he really is playing himself as a man who had to quit work because of parkinson's but his name is actually Mike Henry on the show and he was a news man.

IMO if they know they're going that direction they should have really gone all out and just actually made him play himself, have referances to all the movies he was in, past actors he worked with for real just like Louie and Larry David have done. TBH the minor changes make all the parkinson's jokes feel a little more exploitative and he's already shown on Curb he wasn't afraid to make fun of himself as himself.

The whole concept is a little confusing tbh. It's named the "Michael J. Fox Show" and he really is playing himself as a man who had to quit work because of parkinson's but his name is actually Mike Henry on the show and he was a news man.

IMO if they know they're going that direction they should have really gone all out and just actually made him play himself, have referances to all the movies he was in, past actors he worked with for real just like Louie and Larry David have done. TBH the minor changes make all the parkinson's jokes feel a little more exploitative and he's already shown on Curb he wasn't afraid to make fun of himself as himself.

I'm fine with it. Like you said he's already played himself. Maybe he didn't want to do it anymore but still wanted to act.

Besides, The D¡ck Van Dyke Show had Rob Petrie, The Bob Newhart show had Bob Hartley, and Mary Tyler Moore had Mary Richards. None of them played themselves as actors. :lol

I'm fine with it. Like you said he's already played himself. Maybe he didn't want to do it anymore but still wanted to act.

Besides, The D¡ck Van Dyke Show had Rob Petrie, The Bob Newhart show had Bob Hartley, and Mary Tyler Moore had Mary Richards. None of them played themselves as actors. :lol

Thats true, but none of those we're heavily exploiting an illness they had irl for the bulk of the laughs which is why I personally would have preferred to see him just play himself. They also weren't playing themselves like LD and Louie who still referance their real life pasts as Fox is doing here. I'll still be tuning in to see how it is though.

Thats true, but none of those we're heavily exploiting an illness they had irl for the bulk of the laughs which is why I personally would have preferred to see him just play himself. They also weren't playing themselves like LD and Louie who still referance their real life pasts as Fox is doing here. I'll still be tuning in to see how it is though.

I still don't have a problem with it. It would be different if he didn't have Parkinson's and was playing someone who did. I guess it comes down to if it's actually funny or not.

Don't forget the Bill Cosby show! Dr. Huxtable :yess:

Back