Spielberg or Lucas?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Spielberg

Votes: 71 89.9%
  • Lucas

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters
One of the greatest visoinary directors of our time versus a one-trick pony who keeps adding new brush strokes to an old painting? Toughie.

Not gay, but if i was on an island I would chose Lucas. So soft.

Star Wars is better than anything Spielberg ever made. Jaws and Raiders are close competition, but that goes straight out the window with Empire Strikes Back. I guess an argument could be made for Schindler's List, and I'm sure people would argue E.T., but I'm sorry. ESB is still better. The most that could be said against it is that Lucas did not direct.

I think Empire/Star Wars and Jaws/Raiders are pretty neck and neck personally. Love all of them. But Spielberg has done so much more great stuff. Ultimately, I rank Spielberg up there with (and maybe even surpassing) all time greats like Hitchcock, John Huston, Sergio Leone, and Ingmar Bergman. Lucas ain't there.

I agree that he's an infinitely better filmmaker, but not that Star Wars and Empire are interchangable (per quality) with Jaws and Raiders. And, I think it's ironic that with all his ability, he could never outdo Lucas at his best (albeit a grossly limited best).

Of course. . .Lucas didn't direct Empire, so maybe that had something to do with that, also :lol

I do think they are very close in quality to one another, but each of those films is so different that comparison is hard. I would probably rank Jaws as the film that feels like it is the most well crafted of the bunch, but not by much.

I vote for Michael Bay and Uwe Boll.

yeah Uwe Boll should be up on that poll. :lol but are we even comparing them by directing? If I'm not mistaken George Lucas didn't even direct all of the Star Wars films. He did the prequel series and I believe only did the 1st movie of the originals. Therefor he didn't even direct the two best films out of the 6 and well Spielberg has to many movies to name that are good. Hands down Spielberg. Unless I am wrong about him not directing all of the Star wars films, but even then Spielberg>Lucas

Nvm just saw some say he didn't direct Empire so that answers my question :lol

You can add Paul WhatShisface Anderson to that list and ship them all to the moon. :lecture

NO! Michael Bay, Uwe Boll, and Paul WhatShisface Anderson will stay on Earth to direct movies from now till the end of time. They will also remake every movie that wasn't directed by them, including Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park. Spielburg and Lucas can be blasted off to Alpha Centauri. :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

Star Wars is better than anything Spielberg ever made. Jaws and Raiders are close competition, but that goes straight out the window with Empire Strikes Back. I guess an argument could be made for Schindler's List, and I'm sure people would argue E.T., but I'm sorry. ESB is still better. The most that could be said against it is that Lucas did not direct.

Raiders gets negated though since they both made that film.

Back