Premium Format Which would you choose?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marker2037

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question here guys. Actually more of a scenario shall we say.

So I have some rewards points that I've been thinking about using on a Star Wars PF. I currently don't have a SW PF and would like one to represent the series for me. What I do have is a 1/6 collection for SW.

So the three that I'm debating on as of right now would be the Stormtrooper, Jedi Luke, or the C3PO/R2D2. Normally I would most definitely want a Vader there, but the older offering doesn't tickly my fancy so I'm waiting to eventually see a new one. So for now I want to choose between these 3. I know it's tough to compare the three, but I'm trying to weigh the benefits of each. One thing I will say is I don't have any of these represented yet in 1/6 scale. The closest most relatable pieces I have are the Sandtrooper and HT Bespin Luke, but no droids.

Here's my shot of my Star Wars area.

file-77.jpg

Basically I'd like to set up the PF on the little end table next to the detolf removing the mighty muggs of course. I think it would add a classy touch to that area of my collecting room.

So taking into account price, looks, significance in the saga, build quality, sculpt quality, pose, etc. which would you guys recommend if you were in my shoes? Which do you think would be the most "appropriate" piece shall we say? Obviously with the droids not being out yet it's tough to talk about the quality of them so instead let's just say they come out just like the prototype.

Any help would be great.

p.s. The non-exclusive droids too with the sand base. Not the EX since that's sold out and I kind of like the weathered versions so far better.

Luke is very movie specific and oddly posed at that.

The droids wrap it all up in one big Christmas package. They are Saga. Even Vader would be hard pressed to represent Star Wars as a whole better than the Droids. Not to mention they light up and what kid doesn't dig action features?

I'm a huge Imperial and Stormtrooper fan, but like the above members I would say go for the Droids. The Stormtrooper PF is nice, but not quite what it should have been from many reasons like accuracy, pose, and open edition.

Thanks for the feedback guys! This was the way I was leaning anyway with the droids they are just too awesome and really do represent the saga brilliantly. I just figured I'd throw in the Stormtrooper and Jedi Luke since I like those two as well. Luke was really a stretch but the Stormtrooper did have a solid chance.

And thanks for the comments on my setup.

Btw here's a closeup of Greedo. And he is boss :lol I love the pose I came up with for him. If only I had a decent Han *sigh* Come on Hot Toys!

file-70.jpg

So far it's a runaway for the droids. I was expecting a win for them but not a clean sweep! :lol

Thanks for the comment on Luke. I really love that weathervane and I tried to make the display as scene accurate as I could. I'm happy with the result.

Back