What's your collection cost you? Let's see who's the biggest Star Wars fan :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandible

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've never sat down and worked out what sort of dollars I've spent on the collection over the past 10 years... until today...

And this is missing a few things here and there... BUT, it's basically...

$35,000!

Holy Cow!

If I average it out since 2002 (which is when I got heavily back into it), that's $3,500 per year OR $67 per week :(

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the collection, but man, it ads up :)

It's just Sideshow figures. Cost, I don't know a grand. Worth, prolly a quarter that.

Bib Fortuna is a worthless figure.

Didn't mean that I was the biggest fan guys. Not at all. Just wondering who has spent the most.

A friend of a friend came into some money when he was in his early 30's and, having grown up with Star Wars (but his parents weren't well off when he was a kid so they couldn't afford much) went and got ALL the original Kenner figures, mint on cards...

... cost him nearly 50K to get them all.

Just curious if anyone here has gone more than that.

Come on Dexter-Jettstar, yours has to be up there? :)

why are there always guys out there who like to measure their #$*@^#$ ????

Clearly this has gone pear-shaped.

I was simply curious to see if someone turned around and said their collection cost them 100K (or something like that, that would make most of us spin-out).

It'd be interesting to see where the money has gone? A collection full of 1:1 replicas? Custom SS ships?

I've had my eye on a custom Sandcrawler but it's 3K - and now with a family, the collection is slowly winding down.

Curiosity gentlemen, not chest-puffing or ____-sizing.

I probably spent about $200-300 on all the Star Wars stuff I possess, including DVDs. I'm not including the handful of vintage toys from my childhood since I didn't pay for them. They probably cost about $20 total though, if you wanna consider them.

I don't know what that means but it made me laugh.
Same here :lol

I have no idea.

The two best pieces I own (Darth Vader's TIE Fighter by Code 3, and his '77 lightsaber by Master Replicas) cost me less than $250 shipped.

I really enjoy Sideshow's Star Wars products. I have every single Star Wars item they have manufactured, except for the Bossk Bust and the dioramas. Not really into those.

I really enjoy Sideshow's Star Wars products. I have every single Star Wars item they have manufactured, except for the Bossk Bust and the dioramas. Not really into those.

Wow pics! :horror must be really awsome. I started 3 months ago on SS statues so I'm still playing catch up.

I don't know what that means but it made me laugh. I'm gonna start using that saying.

jkno and dexter probably have the most impressive SW collections here.:lecture

It must be an Australian saying :)

Simply, when things get out of shape/go wrong.

If you want top collections; just check out Sansweet... the guy has everything and a crazy set-up to display it all. Anyone else is a newb collector by comparison :lecture

Rancho Obi Wan Tour

Definitely know about Sansweet, but he also has the publicity as well. I wonder who has a bucket load, but isn't in the public eye?

My most expensive 'item' in my collection is my Darth Vader costume. I've sunk somewhere around 6-8 grand into that alone. It breaks down, it gets worn, it gets repaired, repainted, parts need replacing... And the endless batteries...

Back