Who made the best 12" Green Hornet & Kato?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enterbay made the best Kato. No questions asked. There is no good Green Hornet.

Playing Mantis.

$(KGrHqVHJDUE63ZSCfoVBPyM1-qu5Q~~60_3.JPG

I prefer the term classic to old school and I sold both sets so I would say they are commercially available.

Classic then, but still, if the masses are not aware that you make them, they are not really commercially available.

Am I not informing the masses with this series of posts?

If this is the only place you've mentioned them, or shown them, then no, you're not.
The "masses" may not be reading one thread which infers the thread starter to be searching out a mass produced/manufactured item.

Huge Green Hornet & Kato fan. The Electric Tiki statues are awesome (sculpted by Ruben Procopio) and can now be picked up fairly cheap on Ebay. There is the Enterbay Kato figure, the Medicom & Playing Mantis figures. Factory Entertainment released 6'inch classic TV series figures which are fairly nice but PVC. I wish HotToys/Sideshow or Enterbay would do a Green Hornet.

If this is the only place you've mentioned them, or shown them, then no, you're not.
The "masses" may not be reading one thread which infers the thread starter to be searching out a mass produced/manufactured item.

Relax. The OP asked about Green Hornet figures. I showed mine. (which I did sel for a very decent price) I think you are taking the whole thing too seriously. You started out calling them old school-a term which I disagree with as they are perfectly valid (as well as period accurate-The Green Hornet and Kato were born in the 30's and these were the first screen representations of these characters. And to be honest Van Williams and Bruce Lee's Green hornet show is almost 50 years old. In which case I offer that any renditions of them in 1/6 th scale could arguably be called old school as well. And secondly, The OP's post asked who made the best Green Hornet figures. I didn't read any where that they had to be mass produced, big ticket figures so I showed pictures of mine as decent figures based on the characters he asked about. Didn't really mean to start a pissing war where we argued semantics for 2 weeks. Just wanted to show the poster my figures.

Relax. The OP asked about Green Hornet figures. I showed mine. (which I did sel for a very decent price) I think you are taking the whole thing too seriously. You started out calling them old school-a term which I disagree with as they are perfectly valid (as well as period accurate-The Green Hornet and Kato were born in the 30's and these were the first screen representations of these characters. And to be honest Van Williams and Bruce Lee's Green hornet show is almost 50 years old. In which case I offer that any renditions of them in 1/6 th scale could arguably be called old school as well. And secondly, The OP's post asked who made the best Green Hornet figures. I didn't read any where that they had to be mass produced, big ticket figures so I showed pictures of mine as decent figures based on the characters he asked about. Didn't really mean to start a pissing war where we argued semantics for 2 weeks. Just wanted to show the poster my figures.

More relaxed than I would be hard to be.
Not taking anything too seriously nor trying to get into a pissing match. Just having a converstion.
I meant no disrespect to you or your figures with the term "old school". I would use the same term for a Kirk Alyn Superman or Weissmuller Tarzan. To me classic GH is Williams and Lee. To me the best resemble the complete character. A 1930's Kato being played by Keye Luke would need to look like Luke as much as folks today want a Lee Kato to look like Lee.
Not trying to be semantical but, when most people ask who made or where to find the best figure of something they mean one that was mass produced or at least known to have been available to collectors.
I have many figures in my collection but if no one knows I have them its somewhat irrellevant if they are good or not.
Your work looks quite good. Do you have a site where you showcase it?

Back