PDA

View Full Version : "The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

pjam
07-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Just announced. Well, it's gonna happen and The Joker will be featured as expected,

Here's a link from THR dated Aug 1 2006.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002915553

And one from from Variety

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117947768?categoryid=1236&cs=1

Bannister
07-31-2006, 10:36 PM
:rock :rock :rock

Lookin4Precious
07-31-2006, 10:42 PM
The official press release:

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN TO DIRECT WARNER BROS. PICTURES’ UPCOMING BATMAN MOVIE, THE DARK KNIGHT CHRISTIAN BALE REPRISES TITLE CHARACTER, HEATH LEDGER JOINS CAST AS THE JOKER

BURBANK, CA, 31 July 2006 – As a follow up to last year’s blockbuster Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan is set to direct Warner Bros. Pictures’ The Dark Knight, written by Jonathan Nolan, based on a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. The film will be produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan. Additionally, Christian Bale will resume his role as Bruce Wayne and Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has been cast as The Joker. The announcements were made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Christopher Nolan revamped the Batman franchise in 2005 with the immensely successful Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale in the title role, which chronicled the early years of the superhero. Nolan first garnered attention from critics and fans in 2000 with the groundbreaking drama Memento, which he wrote and directed. He went on to direct the thriller Insomnia, starring Al Pacino and Robin Williams, and recently wrapped production on The Prestige, with Hugh Jackman and Bale.

Bale was most recently seen in the ensemble cast of Terrence Malick’s The New World. His other credits include Little Women, Portrait of a Lady, Metroland, American Psycho, Laurel Canyon and Steven Spielberg’s Empire of the Sun, which was his first starring role.

Ledger most recently earned Oscar Golden Globe, BAFTA and SAG Award nominations and won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in the award-winning drama Brokeback Mountain. His other credits include Casanova, Monster’s Ball, Lords of Dogtown, The Brothers Grimm and The Patriot.

“Chris’ unique vision is what made Batman Begins such an outstanding film and we could not imagine anyone else at the helm of The Dark Knight,” said Robinov. “We also can’t wait to see two such formidable actors as Christian and Heath face off with each other as Batman and The Joker.”

“I'm excited to continue the story we started with Batman Begins,” added Nolan. “Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale’s Batman is going to be incredible.”

Production is set to begin on The Dark Knight in early 2007.

Nolan and Ledger are represented by CAA.

Hightreker
07-31-2006, 10:46 PM
Sounds great. With Nolan behind it, and Bale back as the bat, I have lots of faith and can't wait to see what they do with it.

Batty
07-31-2006, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the news, pjam! The first thing I thought of was a new HT Dark Knight figure. :lol

Wor-Gar
07-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Heath Ledger as The Joker???

pjam
07-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the news, pjam! The first thing I thought of was a new HT Dark Knight figure. :lol

There'll be one of those too Batty! This was posted literally a couple minutes after it appeared in the trades so SSF would get it fresh off the wire!

I know W-G, but Heath can pull it off, my only reservation was with his gravely voice and how it may come off. I assume the Studio and Chris did a bunch of screen tests with the kind of Joker character they wanted to portray before committing and were happy.

Let's face it that dude can act. Glover was tested I know but he lacks depth.. it was Nolan's decision and he was pitch perfect with casting "Begins" except for Holmes and who knew how she got that gig, prolly politics so I'm confident Nolan and Goyer are happy...

Bannister
07-31-2006, 10:53 PM
This is going to be great. I can't wait.:chew

Buttmunch
07-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Not sure about Heath as Joker. I'll wait to see him in action before I judge though. Two years away still? :monkey4

Batty
07-31-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm just glad it isn't Robin Williams. I know he's a good actor and all, but I could never see him as the Joker.

Lookin4Precious
07-31-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm psyched about Heath! I think it is such a brave and interesting choice and the man has proven he can act. Can't wait to see him in action!

And i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the title. I was praying for "Batman: The Dark Knight" thinking that was the best the studio would offer... i think the fact that they are so dedicated to these films being as good as they can be is really shown by the fact that they are ready to drop "Batman" from the title. "The Dark Knight" is the perfect title!!! And perhaps in the third sequal, we will get "The Dark Knight Returns"

Now all we need to know is who is playing Harvey Dent and Penguin!!!

Buttmunch
07-31-2006, 11:09 PM
Robin Williams is too old. He could have been a good Joker years ago. I think Johnny Depp or Adrian Brody could have also been good Jokers. Any word on the rumored Harvey Dent to set up Two-Face in Bats 3?

Lookin4Precious
07-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Robin Williams is too old. He could have been a good Joker years ago. I think Johnny Depp or Adrian Brody could have also been good Jokers. Any word on the rumored Harvey Dent to set up Two-Face in Bats 3?

Lots of RUMORS about Harvey.. but seeing as how the rumors panned out for Joker (people believed it was basically down to Lachey Hulme and Paul Bettany, with Robin Williams, Adrien Brody and Cripsin Glover dark horse fan favorites... when in reality, Nolan had been talking to Ledger for months and never considered anyone else), I'm not going to take much stock in them.

The rumors (or fan favorties) are: Liev Schriber, Guy Pearce, Hugo Weaving or Hugh Jackman (even though he just worked with Nolan, the chance the Wolverine woudl appear in a DC film as the villain is unlikely). Nothing substantial about any of the choices in terms of feasiblity.

The Penguin however is slightly different. Reliable sources (the same that were saying Ledger had the part weeks ago) have claimed that Nolan and Co. DID listen to fan requets, and offered the part to Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Hoffman has yet to accept the offer as far as anyone knows. In the film, the Penguin is rumored to be an English arms dealer.

Buttmunch
07-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Hoffman would be a good Penguin, but I don't think anyone can top Danny DeVito. He was born for that role! Hugo Weaving could be a good Dent, as could Jackman but that is unlikely for the reason you already stated. Is it confirmed that Penguin will be in Dark Knight? Or will he be in Bats 3? Any word on Scarecrow returning? I doubt Ra's will be coming back, but who knows?

Lookin4Precious
07-31-2006, 11:26 PM
Hoffman would be a good Penguin, but I don't think anyone can top Danny DeVito. He was born for that role! Hugo Weaving could be a good Dent, as could Jackman but that is unlikely for the reason you already stated. Is it confirmed that Penguin will be in Dark Knight? Or will he be in Bats 3? Any word on Scarecrow returning? I doubt Ra's will be coming back, but who knows?

It is rumored that the two villains in the sequel will be Joker and Penguin, with Joker and Harvey being the villains in the third (and i'm sure there will be other villains involved as well). No word on whether or not Scarecros is returning, though I would assume he does in some way. Another (less substantial) rumor is that Talia Al Ghul will be featured in the sequels somehow. I dont know that I like that idea, but we'll see. In Nolan We Trust!

Wor-Gar
07-31-2006, 11:31 PM
There'll be one of those too Batty! This was posted literally a couple minutes after it appeared in the trades so SSF would get it fresh off the wire!

I know W-G, but Heath can pull it off, my only reservation was with his gravely voice and how it may come off. I assume the Studio and Chris did a bunch of screen tests with the kind of Joker character they wanted to portray before committing and were happy.

Let's face it that dude can act. Glover was tested I know but he lacks depth.. it was Nolan's decision and he was pitch perfect with casting "Begins" except for Holmes and who knew how she got that gig, prolly politics so I'm confident Nolan and Goyer are happy...

Glover is interesting. I never would have come up with that, but I can see why he was considered.

I'm sure Heath was approved for other reasons than him being a "perfect" fit for the character.

Batty
07-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Glover is interesting. I never would have come up with that, but I can see why he was considered.

I'm sure Heath was approved for other reasons than him being a "perfect" fit for the character.
I mentioned this in another thread, but I was able to talk to Crispen Glover a few months ago and he was considered to play the Joker(like pjam said). Of course he wouldn't confirm anything at the time. I would have liked to have seen him in the role.

TheWitchKing
07-31-2006, 11:52 PM
:rock :rock :rock:rock :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

King Darkness
07-31-2006, 11:55 PM
I think Ledger is a fine choice...I didn't think Bale would make a good Batman and he turned out to be great. So I'am 100% cool with the choice of Ledger for Joker.

BDboystoys
08-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Harlequin!:lol Love to see Nolans take on that beuty of a character.

Go the animated series! They hit gold with her:rock

Darklord Dave
08-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Talia is a must I think. But Hoffman as Penguin is perfect considering the more realistic direction that Nolan is taking vs. the Burton films. Jackman or Pearce as Dent would also be perfect. I have faith in Nolan and I think Ledger will be fine as Joker, although I don't see him in the role immediately.

Giant Chicken
08-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Guy Pearce would have made an excellent Joker... I am not sure about Heath Ledger.

Lookin4Precious
08-01-2006, 12:18 AM
What makes you say that regarding Talia Dave??

I admit, I'm not really familiar with her other that the knowledge that she is Ra's daughter and at one point, marries Batman. What makes her a "must" in this series to you?

gdb
08-01-2006, 12:26 AM
So is Hollywood out of American actors these days?

Batman... Brit
Alfred... Brit
Gordon... Brit
Ra's Al Ghul... Brit
Scarecrow... Brit
Falcone... Brit
Rutger Hauer... Dutch
and now Joker... Ausie?

gdb
08-01-2006, 12:30 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I was able to talk to Crispen Glover a few months ago and he was considered to play the Joker(like pjam said). Of course he wouldn't confirm anything at the time. I would have liked to have seen him in the role.

The dude from Back to the Future? I can't think of him without picturing the Late Night With David Letterman show where he almost kicked Dave in the face. He'd be perfect in everyway excepting the ability to attract an audiance.

TOE
08-01-2006, 01:57 AM
why re-do Joker? He's a villain that has been done before. Why not someone new? Don't get me wrong, i loved Batman Begins and Nolan's visions. Just wondering. ....i mean, if Joker will be re-done, then does this mean that it is possible the other villains will be re-done as well?

B-Electronic
08-01-2006, 05:09 AM
it was Nolan's decision and he was pitch perfect with casting "Begins" except for Holmes and who knew how she got that gig, prolly politics so I'm confident Nolan and Goyer are happy...

I disagree. Holmes is such a hot chick. And that was basically the only reason why she was in the movie. And that was fine with me! Why cast a not-so-hot chick for the part when you can?
Just take a look at this picture (http://webhobbit.net/pics/lbbegins2.jpg) and you'll see my point(s) :monkey5

Collector Freak
08-01-2006, 05:33 AM
Finally! Looking forward to this more than anything.

The Dark Knight > Spider-man 3 > Iron Man > Crap > Fantastic 4 and the Silver Surfer

NASEDO
08-01-2006, 06:08 AM
The Joker again, there are some many other villians I dont understand why they keep doing the same villians/movies over and over.

Darth Rage
08-01-2006, 06:13 AM

Yikes....and supposedly Ryan Phillipe is in the running for Harvey Dent.

carbo-fation
Great news! This'll be awesome!

Darth Rage
The Joker again, there are some many other villians I dont understand why they keep doing the same villians/movies over and over.

Joker won't be the only villian in this one.

King Darkness
08-01-2006, 06:18 AM
I dont fully understand Hollywoods need to cram pack muliplte villians into a single movie.IMO it detracts from haveing a central story line.You always end up with to much going on and villians with not enough screen time. I think they should have one central villian to center the movie around. I think thats what made the first Burton Batman so good.

hairlesswookiee
08-01-2006, 06:19 AM
Finally! Looking forward to this more than anything.

The Dark Knight > Spider-man 3 > Iron Man > Crap > Fantastic 4 and the Silver Surfer

even though i liked batman as a kid, this assumption is way off. for one, spiderman 3 is gonna kick ass big time. two, john favreu is directing iron man so dont put that movie down before they even announce the script is finished. and three, the only thing that you guessed right is fantastic four.

back on topic, this sounds good but i am dissappointed because now the batman movie is gonna be filled with pretty boys. my girlfriend got really excited when i told her about heath being the new joker.

King Darkness
08-01-2006, 06:20 AM
my girlfriend got really excited when i told her about heath being the new joker.

:lol :lol ..so did mine.

hairlesswookiee
08-01-2006, 06:22 AM
I dont fully understand Hollywoods need to cram pack muliplte villians into a single movie.IMO it detracts from haveing a central story line.You always end up with to much going on and villians with not enough screen time. I think they should have one central villian to center the movie around. I think thats what made the first Burton Batman so good.

i agree 100%, but if its done right you never know. of course the batman movies are the main culprits for being ruined when too many villains are introduced.

Duckgoo
08-01-2006, 06:43 AM
2 Years from now, we will be seeing threads on Hot Toys vs. Takara vs. Medicom "The Dark Knight" 12 inch figures.

I am now predicting that Takara will produce the best "The Dark Knight" figure.

A Heath Ledger Joker figure will be nice too.

hairlesswookiee
08-01-2006, 06:45 AM
wow i cant believe it will be two years before it comes out.

Bonehead15
08-01-2006, 08:41 AM

Ugh...:huh

That makes as much sense as Arnold playing Mr.Freeze. :rolleyes:

pjam
08-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Ugh...:huh

That makes as much sense as Arnold playing Mr.Freeze. :rolleyes:

Or Keaton, the comedian, playing Batman! :D

Ledger, at first blush, is a definite question mark I totally got that vibe too. But he can also play an off color character with a mean streak very well as he did in "Lords of Dogtown" and I think that is what Nolan is going for here, (although HL leaned a bit too heavily on the Kilmer/Jim Morrison paradigm).

My only concern is his gravely voice but as I have stated earlier if Nolan is good with it, I am good with it.

TheObsoleteMan
08-01-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm really curious to see how Joker will be portrayed in the hyper-realistic Batman Begins setting. I expect it will be something very different fom the Cesar Romero/Jack Nicholson loud outfits, cackling type.

Batty
08-01-2006, 09:16 AM
He'll probably be more in the vain of the 'Killing Joke'. Vile and murderous.

Bonehead15
08-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Or Keaton, the comedian, playing Batman! :D

That doesn't say much. :rolleyes:

For the record, I've never like Keaton as Batman. I still think to this day that his acting in Batman is horrible. The thing that makes Batman a good movie wasn't Keaton but the production and design of the movie. If you take away everything that was Burton-ish from the movie, you'd have nothing but a pile of crap. Burton and Nicholson were the stars of Batman. Keaton was just some guy in a suit. You could replace him with anybody and the movie would of came out just as great.

tomandshell
08-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Can anybody point me to anything that Heath Ledger has done that would help to convince me that he is anywhere near appropriate for the Joker? What is the previous movie role that made this sound like a good idea? And I am not being sarcastic, I would like some suggestions, because I obviously missed one or two of his films and would like to see something that would make me understand this casting choice. I am tremendously underwhelmed by this announcement...

pjam
He'll probably be more in the vain of the 'Killing Joke'. Vile and murderous.

That's what I was thinking too, you have to trust the Director and his casting decisions and remember Nolan also co-wrote the story.

As far as Keaton, he may not have been everyone's favorite choice either but he carried the role as Bruce Wayne, was cast by Burton and it was a very successful film worldwide which held up to scrutiny.

ps Tom, check out previous page post re: "The Lords of Dogtown"

Darklord Dave
Joker is Batman's ultimate nemesis - we definitely need to see him in Nolan's Bativerse. I think Talia is a must because they've already introduced Ras and she is the most significant love of Bruce's life.

DannieDarKo
08-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Heath Ledger as the Joker? Come on now!

BROKEBACK BATMAN!!! :monkey4

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/9792/brokebackmountaindh0.jpg

CookieMonster
08-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I obviously missed one or two of his films and would like to see something that would make me understand this casting choice. I am tremendously underwhelmed by this announcement...

Its a funny one. I never would have thought of Heath Ledger to be a Joker but I guess there must be something in him that the director sees that will make him a successful bad guy.

I have only seen Ledger in comedies, films like 10 things I hate about you and more recently, the Brother's Grimm.

Have you seen A Knights Tale Tom? (I think he was in that, but I'm not sure if that was a more serious role or not as I havn't).

Im struggling to think of any serious films.

Either way I think we will be very happy with the results. After all, look how Christian Bale was received when he was first announced to be Batman.

Bannister
08-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Heath Ledger as the Joker? Come on now!

BROKEBACK BATMAN!!! :monkey4

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/9792/brokebackmountaindh0.jpg

dannie clear out you pm box. also, Bruce Wayne, I wish I knew how to quit you.

tomandshell
08-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Its a funny one. I never would have thought of Heath Ledger to be a Joker but I guess there must be something in him that the director sees that will make him a successful bad guy.

I have only seen Ledger in comedies, films like 10 things I hate about you and more recently, the Brother's Grimm.

Have you seen A Knights Tale Tom? (I think he was in that, but I'm not sure if that was a more serious role or not as I havn't).

Im struggling to think of any serious films.

Either way I think we will be very happy with the results. After all, look how Christian Bale was received when he was first announced to be Batman.

Other than Brokeback, I have really only seen him in comedies or "teen heartthrob" roles. As for Knight's Tale, if Queen's "We Will Rock You" starts to play when he appears onscreen in "The Dark Knight" I will very likely walk out of the theater.

DannieDarKo
08-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Wow Tom I've only seen a Kinghts Tale once ( at the theatre but I was dragged to it I swear!) and forgot all about that song. :lol

Bannister
08-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Other than Brokeback, I have really only seen him in comedies or "teen heartthrob" roles. As for Knight's Tale, if Queen's "We Will Rock You" starts to play when he appears onscreen in "The Dark Knight" I will very likely walk out of the theater.
When you think about it, queen songs would have been appropriate for Brokeback however.:D

Bannister
08-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Wow Tom I've only seen a Kinghts Tale once ( at the theatre but I was dragged to it I swear!) and forgot all about that song. :lol
Quit lying danny. I know all about your Heath shrine and Knight's tale collection.:D

pjam
08-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Can anybody point me to anything that Heath Ledger has done that would help to convince me that he is anywhere near appropriate for the Joker? What is the previous movie role that made this sound like a good idea? And I am not being sarcastic, I would like some suggestions, because I obviously missed one or two of his films and would like to see something that would make me understand this casting choice. I am tremendously underwhelmed by this announcement...

From a previous post:

Ledger, at first blush, is a definite question mark I totally got that vibe too. But he can also play an off color character with a mean streak very well as he did in "Lords of Dogtown" and I think that is what Nolan is going for here, (although HL leaned a bit too heavily on the Kilmer/Jim Morrison paradigm).

My only concern is his gravely voice but as I have stated earlier if Nolan is good with it, I am good with it.

EVILFACE
08-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Ledger is just like Bale, he is a top notch actor and not just a pretty face.

As for multiple badguys, I have no problem, worked in Begins. It works as long as you don't have 2 top tier guys going up against each other like Riddler and Two Face.

And as ****ty as Batman and Robin was, Arnold was a nice fit for Mr Freeze, just a little too much camp, but then the whole damn movie was.

Bannister
08-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Ledger is just like Bale, he is a top notch actor and not just a pretty face.

As for multiple badguys, I have no problem, worked in Begins. It works as long as you don't have 2 top tier guys going up against each other like Riddler and Two Face.

And as ****ty as Batman and Robin was, Arnold was a nice fit for Mr Freeze, just a little too much camp, but then the whole damn movie was.
Yeah, lines like "chill" and "freeeeze" are instant classics.:rotfl

pjam
08-01-2006, 03:57 PM
"I'm excited to continue the story we started with Batman Begins," director Christopher Nolan, who has also signed up for the sequel, said in a statement. "Our challenge in casting the Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be incredible."

Like I said, if Chris is cool with it, I'm cool with it...

tomandshell
08-01-2006, 04:04 PM
What I want to know is whether or not Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman will be returning. The supporting cast is what helped make "Batman Begins" a great film.

As for those worried about multiple villains, just remember that the last one wasn't hurt by the presence of both Rhas-Al-Ghul AND the Scarecrow. If it worked with two villains last time, it can work again.

DarkArtist81
08-01-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm not worried at all... Heath has shown great intensity in films like The Patriot and Lords of Dogtown, so I know he can be psychotic if directed. Plus, I always liked the more murderous Joker... the evil bastard who laughs as he beats little boys to death with crowbars...

And the original Batman did the worst thing when they had the Joker be the one who killed Bruce's parents.... AND they killed him off??!!? I mean, one of the biggest repeating themes in the Bats tales is that Bruce wants to kill him so badly but recognizes the dark side of himself in the Joker. So he continues to let him live, despite all of the death and carnage he's caused. Joker is the evil reflection of Batman... what he could have been.

I had my worries about Bale when he was announced, but he surpassed my expectations. I know that Nolan will not let the Joker be a crappy character that will be forgotten, nor let him be a repeat of Nicholson's performance. (as great as it was). He made the Scarecrow watcheable and not silly, I know he can bring Joker to a new level.

And btw, I love that they are redoing the villians. I know that some of Bats Rogues gallery has yet to be done, but his core villians were done horribly... no doing justice to their comics counterparts... especially Two-Face! They need to be shown as the icons they are and given back their dignity. And for God's sake Warner Bros.... DO NOT KILL THEM ALL OFF!!! That's why Gotham has Arkham Asylum!! :bat

pjam
08-01-2006, 04:14 PM
What I want to know is whether or not Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman will be returning. The supporting cast is what helped make "Batman Begins" a great film.

As for those worried about multiple villains, just remember that the last one wasn't hurt by the presence of both Rhas-Al-Ghul AND the Scarecrow. If it worked with two villains last time, it can work again.

Caine and Oldman signed multi-pic deals I believe, at least I know Caine did and knowing Warners, they probably locked Oldman...

Don't know about Lucius but loved Morgan and because everyone else did too and someone has to run Wayne enterprises they may have already locked him too...

And we can forget about seeing Katie Holmes again, many execs @ WB sunk in their chairs and called her the weak link in BB, clearly she doesn't have the acting chops to stand scrutiny with such a talented cast, not to demean her, she's a fine TV actress but I mention it because it is VERY LIKELY The Dark Knight will have a new romantic interest in this sequel. Bet on it.

Batty
08-01-2006, 04:25 PM
And we can forget about seeing Katie Holmes again, many execs @ WB sunk in their chairs and called her the weak link in BB, clearly she doesn't have the acting chops to stand scrutiny with such a talented cast, not to demean her, she's a fine TV actress but I mention it because it is VERY LIKELY The Dark Knight will have a new romantic interest in this sequel. Bet on it.
Robin? :D

pjam
08-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Robin? :D

Actually, they never would have shot the last scene of BB without having Oldman locked now that I think about it. We'll be hearing casting news about returning characters very soon.

I am so excited, I wonder who the new girl is gonna be?

DarkArtist81
08-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Actually, they never would have shot the last scene of BB without having Oldman locked now that I think about it. We'll be hearing casting news about returning characters very soon.

I am so excited, I wonder who the new girl is gonna be?

Yeah, knowing the way they ink deals for Superhero movies nowadays... they locked Oldman, Caine and Freeman... I would say it's about 90% sure.

As for Katie... good riddance.:lol

pjam
08-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah, knowing the way they ink deals for Superhero movies nowadays... they locked Oldman, Caine and Freeman... I would say it's about 90% sure.

As for Katie... good riddance.:lol

Yeah, Katie, don't barr the door,

My final note on Ledger:

It's now clear (based on his quote) that Nolan screen tested Ledger with Bale or at least did extensive read throughs to determine their chemistry and was blown away. And you know Goyer was in the room with the Producers and were blown away too.

Lookin4Precious
08-01-2006, 05:51 PM
why re-do Joker? He's a villain that has been done before. Why not someone new? Don't get me wrong, i loved Batman Begins and Nolan's visions. Just wondering. ....i mean, if Joker will be re-done, then does this mean that it is possible the other villains will be re-done as well?

I REALLY don't understand when people say this. "Why redo the Joker". There are just SOOO many things wrong with that question. Lets get to them!

1. How could you NOT have the Joker in these films??? He IS Batman's nemisis. He is his complete foil, his polar oppostie. Not only is he probably the greatest villain in comic history, but the relationship he shares with Batman is without a doubt one of the most unique, interesting and complicated relationships found anywhere in fiction (comic and otherwise). Which leads me to my next point...

2. This isn't a redo of Joker because "The Joker" as he is, has never BEEN DONE. Burton gave us 2 GREAT Batman films that I love dearly, BUT they were BURTON FILMS NOT Batman Films. He had never read the comics and wasn't interested in making a "Batman film." And that's O.K., he's an artist that has a vision and I LOVED what he did. But when it came to Joker, he didn't give us JOKER. Joker isn't funny, he's nuts. He's sadistic. And the greatest aspect of the Joker is his relationship with Batman. Their co-dependance. Their inability and lack of desire when it comes to erasing the other. Without Batman, Joker has no point, and quite possibly without The Joker (and his other worthy foes that compose his Rouge Gallery), Batman may not have a point (one of the greatest aspects of Batmans psyche... does his presence perpetuate and create the madness around him....). Nolan is going to give us another BAT FILM, and for the first time in Live Action, we are going to get THE JOKER! And we're going to see Batman and The Joker duke it out both physically and mentally like the titans they are!

3. And yes, that does mean they can use any of the characters. That is why Penguin is rumored to be in "The Dark Knight" and that Two-face will be featured largely in the third film. But that doesn't mean we are going to get the same characters duplicated. Joker will be like he is supposed to be and the Penguin won't be a 1/2 creature with flippers for hands. He will be like he appeared originally, a short, aristocratic gentle-man with a lust for lawbreaking. I only hope he comes complete with an eye glass and a fondness for umbrellas ;-)

pjam
08-01-2006, 05:57 PM
And Im keeping my fingers crossed for Phillip Seymour Hoffman to play the Penguin although I'm not sure the Penguin will be in this sequel... I know what we've heard in the past about this but no-one has really seen Nolan and Goyer's story...

Lookin4Precious
08-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Also, IF there is a love interest ( i mean, with joker, penguin and furthering the bat mythos.. does their really need to be????) i think it should be 1 of 2 people.

Selina Kyle or Talia Al Gul. No more of these made up women that come and go. Give us a character that has their own stuff going on and take it from the comics. Both these women had huge influences on Bruce/Bats. Make it substantial. Katie didn't hurt the movie in my opinion, but she didn't wow either. And Rachel helped provide subtext to Bruce and Batman, so i didn't mind her at all. BUT, as I said, dont' give us another female character that will come and go. Give us substance.. if you must give us one at all...

pjam
08-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Also, IF there is a love interest ( i mean, with joker, penguin and furthering the bat mythos.. does their really need to be????) i think it should be 1 of 2 people.

Selina Kyle or Talia Al Gul. No more of these made up women that come and go. Give us a character that has their own stuff going on and take it from the comics. Both these women had huge influences on Bruce/Bats. Make it substantial. Katie didn't hurt the movie in my opinion, but she didn't wow either. And Rachel helped provide subtext to Bruce and Batman, so i didn't mind her at all. BUT, as I said, dont' give us another female character that will come and go. Give us substance.. if you must give us one at all...

Yes, there needs to be a love interest. I'm betting we'll see Talia... makes most sense to me.

DarkArtist81
08-01-2006, 07:05 PM
I REALLY don't understand when people say this. "Why redo the Joker". There are just SOOO many things wrong with that question. Lets get to them!

1. How could you NOT have the Joker in these films??? He IS Batman's nemisis. He is his complete foil, his polar oppostie. Not only is he probably the greatest villain in comic history, but the relationship he shares with Batman is without a doubt one of the most unique, interesting and complicated relationships found anywhere in fiction (comic and otherwise). Which leads me to my next point...

2. This isn't a redo of Joker because "The Joker" as he is, has never BEEN DONE. Burton gave us 2 GREAT Batman films that I love dearly, BUT they were BURTON FILMS NOT Batman Films. He had never read the comics and wasn't interested in making a "Batman film." And that's O.K., he's an artist that has a vision and I LOVED what he did. But when it came to Joker, he didn't give us JOKER. Joker isn't funny, he's nuts. He's sadistic. And the greatest aspect of the Joker is his relationship with Batman. Their co-dependance. Their inability and lack of desire when it comes to erasing the other. Without Batman, Joker has no point, and quite possibly without The Joker (and his other worthy foes that compose his Rouge Gallery), Batman may not have a point (one of the greatest aspects of Batmans psyche... does his presence perpetuate and create the madness around him....). Nolan is going to give us another BAT FILM, and for the first time in Live Action, we are going to get THE JOKER! And we're going to see Batman and The Joker duke it out both physically and mentally like the titans they are!

3. And yes, that does mean they can use any of the characters. That is why Penguin is rumored to be in "The Dark Knight" and that Two-face will be featured largely in the third film. But that doesn't mean we are going to get the same characters duplicated. Joker will be like he is supposed to be and the Penguin won't be a 1/2 creature with flippers for hands. He will be like he appeared originally, a short, aristocratic gentle-man with a lust for lawbreaking. I only hope he comes complete with an eye glass and a fondness for umbrellas ;-)

Man, you hit it right on the head with that!! Joker has never been done the right way, niether has any villian for that matter (save for Begins). So to get a chance to see that character come to life on the screen is going to be a dream. And as you said, I'm sure it was the screen test that landed heath the job. If he floored Nolan and Goyer, it is going to be fantastic....

I trust those two.... They gave me the best Batman movie I've ever seen. Lightning will strike twice, I'm sure of it. :cool:

As for the rest of the villians, I can't wait to see what direction they take with them. And when it comes time for Two-Face I hope they use some stuff from "A Long Halloween" or "Dark Victory"... Those two did some oustanding stuff with the character...

creecher
08-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Found this pic on the Aussie site I check out. Thought you could all get the joke. errr

King Darkness
08-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Found this pic on the Aussie site I check out. Thought you could all get the joke. errr

That looks pretty well done creech...I wonder if thats how he will look in the film....

tomandshell
08-02-2006, 05:44 PM
What I liked about Batman Begins was how they tried to make everything psychologically plausible and acceptible in a pretty much "real world" setting. Now if you were going to run around with a painted face like that, you would have to be pretty much completely freakin' insane. I hope that the Joker is going to be disturbingly psycho and not wacky or silly. I trust that Nolan will be doing another great job. I am getting over my surprise at the casting and am really looking forward to this movie.

pjam
08-02-2006, 05:51 PM
What I liked about Batman Begins was how they tried to make everything psychologically plausible and acceptible in a pretty much "real world" setting. Now if you were going to run around with a painted face like that, you would have to be pretty much completely freakin' insane. I hope that the Joker is going to be disturbingly psycho and not wacky or silly. I trust that Nolan will be doing another great job. I am getting over my surprise at the casting and am really looking forward to this movie.

You can expect THIS Joker to be more twisted, his psychotic sense of humor will prolly be far more disturbing, haunting and truer to the comics...

I don't anticipate much camp here, just some amazing acting... as we saw with Scarecrow; Cillian Murphy's performance in BB was extraordinary as was his Direction from Chris Nolan.

Darth Rage
08-02-2006, 06:05 PM
I am fairly certain the phillip Seymour Hoffman rumor has unfortunately been squashed. The main actors all signed three picture deals.

Oh, and you guys all know about this site right? If not, check it out, good stuff here:

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

JGouse0498
08-02-2006, 06:11 PM

Yeah, let's just forget that Batman Begins featured the Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul... :rolleyes: :lol

Batty
08-02-2006, 06:14 PM
You can expect THIS Joker to be more twisted, his psychotic sense of humor will prolly be far more disturbing, haunting and truer to the comics...
That's what I think. The Dark Knight is probably going to be even darker(no pun intended) than BB, with the Joker being totally insane.

Darklord Dave
08-02-2006, 07:59 PM
I loved Nicholson at the time of Batman the movie, but even he got dangerously close to Cesar Romero at times. Anyone see the Batman Beyond movie Return of the Joker? That's how I see him - more subdued and disturbed.

pjam
08-02-2006, 08:10 PM
I sense Nolan using physical characterizations more like "The Crow" than any Clown to inspire this character; longer hair, dark,vengeful and psychotic in nature.

And my sense is we may see a quieter, relentless but completely narcissistic, twisted and explosive take with him.

One thing you can be sure of...

we will have NEVER seen THIS Joker before on film.

Batty
08-02-2006, 08:22 PM
This has probably been discussed before, but what did you guys think of Batman: Dead End with Boner playing the Joker?

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/8730/still07ky9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

pjam
08-02-2006, 08:28 PM
This has probably been discussed before, but what did you guys think of Batman: Dead End with Boner playing the Joker?

I liked that Joker a lot in demeanor and physicality but I don't know if we'll be seeing that "look" with TDK. I suspect he's gonna be stripped down a bit so his raw character will be what we see most... at least in the beginning as he may evolve physically throughout the film as he devolves in humanity...

Oh and Dave, I dug that BB ROTJ portrayal, seemed more plausible.

Darklord Dave
08-02-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm not a fan of Dead End and hope we see something more original in DK. Long green hair on the joker, ala the Crow - now that could be cool!

tomandshell
08-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Green hair can be frightening if done right. Err, wrong...

http://www.fodoh.de/img/carnaval/7nibbel_gr.jpg

And is it me, or is that guy cold?

(Yaddle thinks so...)

TOE
08-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Green hair can be frightening if done right. Err, wrong...

http://www.fodoh.de/img/carnaval/7nibbel_gr.jpg

(Yaddle thinks so...)

is this from your personal picture collection?? :confused: ...............:lol

creecher
08-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Yes. Yes I think it is you, and I think you are cold. :winkpumpk :lol

Asura
08-03-2006, 01:35 PM
is this from your personal picture collection?? :confused: ...............:lol

Lol, yeah, whats going on...some thing you wanna tell us? ;)

Ironman1188
08-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Best Joker in recent films:
http://www.rpg.hu/iras/pic/batman4.jpg

The way Batman should look:

http://www.clarkbartram.com/batmanclark/batmanpainting.jpg

Forget the rubber suits and go back to the original look.

King Darkness
08-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Best Joker in recent films:
http://www.rpg.hu/iras/pic/batman4.jpg

What is this from:confused:...I think he looks perfectly crazy!

Ironman1188
08-06-2006, 09:26 PM
That is Dead End's Joker.

King Darkness
08-06-2006, 09:33 PM
That is Dead End's Joker.

What the hell is "Dead End"...

Ironman1188
08-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I didn't expect anyone in a Batman thread to be unaware, sorry. Try this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wDAYjmKBaP4

King Darkness
08-06-2006, 09:45 PM
What the hell is "Dead End"...

Just watched it on youtube...That kicked ass!

Edit:Posted at the same time....Yeah Ironman, just watched it...I never even heard about it before?!!?!??

Ironman1188
08-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Thats how Batman should be.

King Darkness
08-06-2006, 09:49 PM

Agreed! I would love to have a full length Batman just like that!!

Buttmunch
08-06-2006, 09:56 PM

With Alien and Predator in it? :confused: I got lost after that. It was great until they showed up.

Ironman1188
08-06-2006, 09:59 PM
My "how he should be" referred more to the gray costume, naturally well built hero instead of the rubberized versions we've been served. I thought Dead End was very good for a "fan" film. And, in comics, DC has met both Aliens and Predators.

Darklord Dave
08-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Dead End does a decent job of presenting a fan boy's idea of the characters. But from a feature film I want them to take it one step beyond - give me something I'd never thought of before. The Spider-man films have been able to do that and I think Batman Begins did it as well. Would I have prefered a grey suit to all black? Probably. But I want to see a feature Joker that isn't just a regurgitation of the comic one.

pjam
08-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Dead End does a decent job of presenting a fan boy's idea of the characters. But from a feature film I want them to take it one step beyond - give me something I'd never thought of before. The Spider-man films have been able to do that and I think Batman Begins did it as well. Would I have prefered a great suit to all black? Probably. But I want to see a feature Joker that isn't just a regurgitation of the comic one.

Same here Dave. I think we will an interpretation of Joker both physically and in character we have never seen before in TDK.

Batty
08-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Same here Dave. I think we will an interpretation of Joker both physically and in character we have never seen before in TDK.
Exactly. Just like Nolan did with the Scarecrow... totally reinventing the look and character.

TOE
08-07-2006, 01:15 AM
not against Joker or anything but Why him as a re-occuring villain in a Batman movie? How about Scarface? or Killer Croc?

Ironman1188
08-07-2006, 04:30 AM
Exactly. Just like Nolan did with the Scarecrow... totally reinventing the look and character.

YES!!! Let's get a Joker with black face and orange hair. I prefer to see the characters from the comics I grew up with come to life on screen. While Spiderman was a great film, I was terribly disappointed in the representation of the Green Goblin in his "armored" outfit. The same with Wilson Fisk becoming an african American. Classic Batman wears a gray uni and the joker was never more maniacal as that which you feel is a regurgitation.

BDboystoys
08-07-2006, 04:50 AM
The whole point about the new batman film in particular, is that theyre going for a very dark, gritty and realistic nature. Having Batman as he is in the comics, although looks much better, isnt as realistic for a human to be wearing for combat and esspessially regarding his background and access to the military.
That one of the things Nolan crafted so meticulously, that he incorporated Batman into a very real world and in doing so has him equipped appropriately.

Although having said that, when read in comics, the suit batman wears seems entirely appropriate, but translated into film it would work differently..

phew!:lol

Ironman1188
08-07-2006, 05:47 AM
Although having said that, when read in comics, the suit batman wears seems entirely appropriate, but translated into film it would work differently..

phew!:lol

Soooo.... Spiderman really shouldn't be wearing spandex then. He should be wearing an armored spidey suit, 'cause it obviously detracts from the film. :confused:

DarkArtist81
08-07-2006, 03:25 PM
I think that Batman's suit in the film is exactly the way that the character would go with it if he existed in the real world. I really don't see him trying to fade into the darkness with a grey cloth suit, just would not work. Granted, all comic characters wear them and that's probably why he has one to begin with. But for his character, it makes sense.

Spidey on the other hand, has no reason to wear anything but a regular cloth suit. He doesn't mind being seen, and his colors are very vivid... Same with Supes, no reason to hide. Therefore, suit remains the same.

X-men are another group that fits the bill... they had to have dark suits for the movies, just made more sense. No yellow spandex there, would have been ridiculous.

But then again, Bats wearing his jaw exposed would be kinda silly in real life anyway, if he was wanting people to second guess if he was human... but hey, wouldn't be Batman without that jaw sticking out... :lol

gabberjawa
08-08-2006, 12:47 AM
I think you have to evaulate each on a case by case basis. There is no costume law that governs what will work for all superhero film adaptations.

I can understand why they did what they did for the Green Goblin. I just can't imagine it not looking silly if they had veered more traditional. (not that he didn't look pretty silly sometimes even with the 'armor' look)

Some of them can be super faithful and no one would even bat an eye- Ghost Rider anyone? Others much more complicated. I simpy cannot wait to see how they will approach Captain America (if they ever do)

As for Batman (Begins), I wasn't a huge fan of the look either. It wasn't bad- afterall, it's just a harder edged descendant of the Burton style, but it did not scream greatness either, especially not with the press/set photos. In the film though, it all became sort of moot as he is often just a silhouette in the darkness scaring the poop out of everyone. Execution : top notch.

BDboystoys
08-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Soooo.... Spiderman really shouldn't be wearing spandex then. He should be wearing an armored spidey suit, 'cause it obviously detracts from the film. :confused:

:lol

Exactly!:monkey5

TOE
08-14-2006, 03:30 AM
drum roll please....

THe penguin is:

http://pochinokoya.com/actor/philip%20seymour%20hoffman7.jpg

Philip Seymour Hoffman :cool:

figuremaster_les
08-15-2006, 07:02 PM
There's a million ways to make the Joker work. I think that Nolan will make him "REAL" for the first time. Not that I dislike any other versions. That one in Dead End was tops to me! Mad and Scary! Let's see where Nolan takes it. I bet it works! And I am fine with the casting.

By the way, looks like a costume makeover for Batman too. Some possibility of a cloth and armor suit as opposed to rubber??? Saw rumor of it on www.Batman-on-film.com I wonder if the colors change some now...at long last....from all black! One can hope....

Then, oh god!...We'll have Hot Toys and Takara back at it all over again! :lol

pjam
08-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks Les. Yes, I would assume some subtle changes, maybe enough to merit new TDK figures one would think.

Taken Directly from the site:

I thought this bit of news may be of interest to you and your readers. I work in the UK...and would be considered as being part of the ‘crew' [on a film]. What I’ve heard rumoured is that the new Batman costume may be altered a bit. The appearance will not change dramatically, but will be lighter and sleeker than the one in ‘Batman Begins.’ It may also be constructed to look more like heavyweight fabric and armour than rubber. I shall let you know if I hear more.

Hmm. Interesting. While I loved the BEGINS costume, I could go for a few sublte changes...

UPDATED: “007” sent this in today and I thought I’d post it for ya’ll--

“Just a few addition notes regarding the information I sent you about ‘TDK’ costume -- which you were kind enough to publish. There is nothing I’ve heard that suggests it will not be all-black [GOOD! -- Jett].

From what’s been whispered, it seems that the suit will be approved upon for Mr. Bale to use doing shooting. These improvements should mirror the tweaks that Bruce Wayne would make in the suit as his career progresses.

Cheers!”

From what this source has indicated, the suit will look basically the same, but will be improved upon technology-wise...

pjam
08-23-2006, 10:34 AM
AWESOME JOKER NEWS!

In this brief excerpt from a forthcoming Mean magazine interview with director Chris Nolan, Better than Fudge columnist Josh Horowitz gets Nolan to say two clear-cut things about his second Batman flick, to wit:

The green-haired, jut-jawed Joker, as he appears in the pages of "The Killing Joke".
(a) "The title of the film" -- The Dark Night -- "has been chosen very specifically... it's quite important to the film", and that (b) Heath Ledger's Joker will be less Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson than the Joker portrayed in a comic like "The Killing Joke".

"Or, as Nolan puts it, "I would certainly point to 'The Killing Joke' but I also would point very much to the first two appearances of the Joker in the comic. If you look at where the Joker comes from there's a very clear direction that fits what we're doing very well."

Batty
08-23-2006, 12:14 PM
I think this is news we all wanted to hear. At this point I have no doubts about Nolan's ability to make another excellent Batman movie.

pjam
08-23-2006, 12:37 PM
I think this is news we all wanted to hear. At this point I have no doubts about Nolan's ability to make another excellent Batman movie.

Exactly! :cool:

DarkArtist81
08-24-2006, 07:18 PM

Well said Batty... I agree as well. It sounds like his head is in the right place. We will have a great movie when this is all over... guaranteed.

figuremaster_les
08-24-2006, 07:41 PM
I just breathed one hell of a relief sigh! Thanks for that bit of news PJAM!

pjam
08-24-2006, 08:57 PM
I just breathed one hell of a relief sigh! Thanks for that bit of news PJAM!

My pleasure.
This is gonna be off-the-wall insane TDK bros!
Can NOT wait! :cool:

pjam
08-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Chris Nolan on The Dark Knight Casting Rumors
Written by Robert Sanchez
Tuesday, 29 August 2006
Ever since the conclusion of Batman Begins rumors have run rampant regarding the cast of the next film to follow.

Even before the announcement of the Dark Knight title, or the casting of Heath Ledger, there has been constant talk of which actors would be offered roles in the film. Is there any truth to any of these rumors?

The IESB, along with a few select websites, were invited down to an edit bay visit with Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas while he was doing the final sound mixing for The Prestige which stars Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Scarlett Johansson, and Michael Caine.

In the midst of all the Prestige talk, we were able to get him to talk a bit about the highly anticipated Batman sequel.

Ryan Phillippe and Phillip Seymore Hoffman have been rumored to be in the running for Harvey Dent and the Penguin, respectively. Is there any validity here or pure speculation? “As the penguin, no, not true.” Also, was Sean Penn originally offered the role of the Joker before Heath Ledger? Laughingly he said, “no, no truth to any of those rumors.”

Here is the entire transcript of the Batman Begins questions:

Q: Looking at Batman Begins now, were you surprised or was that the reaction you were expecting to get?

CN: I was very surprised for the simple reason that I felt that we really put our hearts into making a great film and I felt that on our own terms we had succeeded but I never never really expected to satisfy critics and fans, you know Batman fans, and regular audiences equally. I mean I thought maybe we'd get two points of the triangle but the fact that all three groups seem to respond well, that was a big surprise. It felt like you were going to lose one aspect of that somewhere along the line. But, I don't know, we were very fortunate in that regard.

Q: Because the formula works so well is that something that you were looking to do for The Dark Knight?

CN: I think, what people responded to most about Batman Begins is how different it was from their expectations. So I think we would be foolish to not recognize that and attempt to do something very different in the sequel. I certainly wouldn't have, you know, any interest in somewhat trying to repeat the experience that the film already made because I think, particularly being an origin story, it's a very unique thing very singular. My interest in the sequel is to move on from there and do something quite different.

Q: Since you did the origin story, it frees you up from doing the whole introduction, so are you expecting to do a whole lot more action the second time around?

CN: Um, I mean we certainly put a lot of action into Batman Begins through the film even though it didn't involve Batman until 50 minutes in or whatever. So certainly we are free to put Batman into action earlier on. But if you look at the, I mean the rhythm of action movies is very complicated because there is a limit actually to how much action is in the film, how you have to have a particular ebb and flow to what actually works and Batman Begins is pretty stuffed to be honest. But, it didn't all get to involve that character, Bruce Wayne was Batman because of the origin and that we don't have to do.

Q: Any truth to the rumors of Ryan Phillippe or Phillip Seymore Hoffman?

CN: (Laughing) As the penguin, no, not true.

Q: Sean Penn?

CN: No truth, no truth to any of those rumors. All interesting ideas though.

Darth Caedus
09-01-2006, 06:39 PM
I just hope that Nolan remembers that Batman is a DETECTIVE. PLEASE show him being the world's greatest, smartest detective. (In begins, Batman should have created the antidote, instead of Fox). I digress,

figuremaster_les
09-02-2006, 12:55 PM
I just hope that Nolan remembers that Batman is a DETECTIVE. PLEASE show him being the world's greatest, smartest detective. (In begins, Batman should have created the antidote, instead of Fox). I digress,

YES! Agreed! He's the detective!

DarkArtist81
09-03-2006, 07:46 AM
YES! Agreed! He's the detective!

True.... I think that's why some of my favorite stories are his Detective tales...

The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush.....

Though The Dark Knight and Year One are awesome in their own right as well. But Frank Miller just rules.... so anything he does with the character is gonna be magic.

Darklord Dave
09-03-2006, 11:28 PM
He's a detective, not a chemist!

figuremaster_les
09-04-2006, 11:42 AM
He's a detective, not a chemist!

So certain are you! :joy
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/angremien/Batscientist.jpg

Had to give you some grief...
This was from Batman issue #1, 1940.
But, not established in Batman Begins. Just had to be a smarta$$ :D

Customikey
09-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Cast this guy as The Joker!

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/337/pa2500778ya.jpg

But seriously, I'm looking forward the it. I think Ledger is a cool casting choice. I have faith.

DarkArtist81
09-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Best Mikey pic ever! My fiance jumped out of her seat when I showed her that one.

Funny thing was... I immediately showed her the other "nicer" Mikey pic and she totally switched gears.... :lol

figuremaster_les
09-05-2006, 06:55 AM
Do they know about you Mikey? Can you act?
You do look the part! :lol

Oh, I was referring to when you DIDN't wear makeup! :D

pjam
09-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Thanks Mikey, great way to wake up this morning, with a GIANT billboard of your horned head. :lol

Customikey
09-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks Mikey, great way to wake up this morning, with a GIANT billboard of your horned head. :lol

You know you love it...:chew

pjam
01-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Latest casting buzz... Holmes out, McAdams in... this hasn't officially been announced by the Studio, should hear soon...

I was one of those who felt Holmes performance was underwhelming in BB, she simply didn't have the chops to keep up with the amazing cast. I also know WB Execs felt the same way and vowed not to use in her the sequel as early as when they viewed the dailies for BB... Tommy boy didn't help matters either when he hijacked the Premiere with his antics, WB was pissed...

http://www.popoholic.com/2007/01/29/katie-holmes-out-rachel-mcadams-in/

figuremaster_les
01-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Latest casting buzz... Holmes out, McAdams in... this hasn't officially been announced by the Studio, should hear soon...

I was one of those who felt Holmes performance was underwhelming in BB, she simply didn't have the chops to keep up with the amazing cast. I also know WB Execs felt the same way and vowed not to use in her the sequel as early as when they viewed the dailies for BB... Tommy boy didn't help matters either when he hijacked the Premiere with his antics, WB was pissed...

http://www.popoholic.com/2007/01/29/katie-holmes-out-rachel-mcadams-in/

This is good news! I like RMcA WAY better than KH!
Good stuff so far.....

pjam
01-30-2007, 12:58 PM
This is good news! I like RMcA WAY better than KH!
Good stuff so far.....

This is VERY good news to me and she can act... besides, I have a major secret (not so anymore) crush on her. :lol :o :cool:

figuremaster_les
01-30-2007, 01:14 PM
This is VERY good news to me and she can act... besides, I have a major secret (not so anymore) crush on her. :lol :o :cool:

Who's hiding crushes?!?! The girl is FINE!
And, since I am a leg man, as it were, note she walks upon fine stalks! :D
And yes, it helps that she can actually act.

Dark Knight shall RULE in 2008!!!!

Eli26
01-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Why Rachel McAdams is a much better choice for the role vs. Katie Holmes.

1. Rachel is a good ol' Canadian girl. Were as Katie is not.

2. Rachel isn't married to a reject.

3. Rachel is sooooooooooo much hotter than Katie.

4. Rachel can act circles around Katie.

5. Rachel has one of the best pair of gams in the business!

badgumbo
01-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I would leave my girlfriend for Rachel McAdams.:monkey5

pjam
01-30-2007, 02:39 PM
I'd leave my wife, girlfriend and assorted Ho's for her! :lol

That is if I had a wife. :D :cool:

Kabukiman
01-30-2007, 03:08 PM
assorted Ho's

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

drbrad1975
01-30-2007, 06:25 PM
This movie is going to rock!!! I loved BMB...one of the best comic movies ever made!!!

Cheers,

Brad

tomandshell
01-30-2007, 07:43 PM
I'd leave my wife, girlfriend and assorted Ho's for her! :lol

That is if I had a wife. :D :cool:

I would definitely not leave my wife for Rachel McAdams.

But if they ever made out, I would take pictures.

(Just kidding.)

TOE
01-30-2007, 07:45 PM
.....and I would bust out my bag of popcorn and watch as well :monkey3

Batty
01-30-2007, 07:55 PM
I would definitely not leave my wife for Rachel McAdams.

But if they ever made out, I would take pictures.

(Just kidding.)
You wouldn't take pictures? :monkey2

Kabukiman
01-30-2007, 09:11 PM
You wouldn't take pictures? :monkey2

Maybe his hands would be busy... :monkey3

Mookeylama
01-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Katie didn't do well at all, but i hate when they change cast in the middle like that. plus Katie's from Toledo Ohio!

but just being married to Tom (Kentucky heh) is enough to nix any points that was worth.

Customikey
01-31-2007, 08:58 AM
The romance aspect just didn't go anywhere. You could dump that aspect and stick Harvey Dent in place of her and have a bang-up story of the long friendship between these two. And Scarecrow's toxin could have a lasting effect on Harvey's brain....

Just one missed opportunity in an otheriwise fantastic flick.

TheObsoleteMan
01-31-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't really understand why people hate on Katie Holmes so much in Batman Begins. She was perfectly adequate in what was basically a nothing role, her only purpose is to get rescued and provide a little romance to get women into the theaters. Her performance wasn't Oscar worthy, but neither was the role.

What I don't understand is why they're even bringing Rachel Dawes back, that character served it's purpose in the first movie. I don't see anywhere else to go with it unless they're just keeping her around to get rescued some more and drag out the romantic angle. :monkey4

Customikey
01-31-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm happy to see the character returning. Maybe she'll do something to justify her existence. I don't hate the character, I just think she's a missed opportunity. And as for getting women into the theater, if my wife is any indication, Bale is more than enough to plant chicks in the seats.

Ven
01-31-2007, 09:12 PM
As good as Batman Begins was, and as good as The Dark Knight will be, I doubt any of them will beat my all time favorite...story wise.

Batman: Mask of The Phantasm.

Now if we had nonlan/bale and co. redoing Mask of The Phantasm, I could die happy.

Darklord Dave
02-01-2007, 12:47 AM
I like Katie and think she's much more attractive than Rachel McAdams, but the role isn't that important and I think if they're recasting they should just change the character.

However I'm all for recasting Lois in the Superman movies - bring in Erica Durance!

DarkArtist81
02-01-2007, 03:12 AM
I like Katie and think she's much more attractive than Rachel McAdams, but the role isn't that important and I think if they're recasting they should just change the character.

However I'm all for recasting Lois in the Superman movies - bring in Erica Durance!

I'd have to agree... if they are changing the actress, change the character.

Unless it's someone high profile like Lois Lane in Superman.... she can't go anywhere and her character is bigger than the actor playing it. :cool:

pjam
02-02-2007, 02:19 PM
More Casting Buzz:

Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent...?

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=1396

Darth Caedus
02-02-2007, 02:42 PM
As good as Batman Begins was, and as good as The Dark Knight will be, I doubt any of them will beat my all time favorite...story wise.

Batman: Mask of The Phantasm.

Now if we had nonlan/bale and co. redoing Mask of The Phantasm, I could die happy.

Yea, best batman movie....EVER ! Nothing can beat that. But I think the only purpose Katie Holmes will have in TDK would be to die. Nothing else comes to mind. Batman doesn't have a girlfriend, unless you like JLU and it's wonder woman (she wants some of the bats)

DarkArtist81
02-02-2007, 05:58 PM
More Casting Buzz:

Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent...?

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=1396

I like it!! He could do it... He's got the talent. I just hope he can pull of the darkness he needs for the role.

Still just happy to have Harvey Dent in the film and not Tommy Lee Jones.... :D

mfoga
02-02-2007, 06:46 PM

Erica, thats Lois in smallville right? If so I love her in that show and man is she smoking hot.

Bannister
02-03-2007, 10:50 AM
I like it!! He could do it... He's got the talent. I just hope he can pull of the darkness he needs for the role.

Still just happy to have Harvey Dent in the film and not Tommy Lee Jones.... :D
I think Eckhart could pull it off. He has been good in everything I have seen him in.

Bannister
02-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Erica, thats Lois in smallville right? If so I love her in that show and man is she smoking hot.
Yet it is and yes she is.:drool :drool :drool

Darklord Dave
02-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Yep Erica is Lois on Smallville - a completely different type of Lois than Kate "feed me" Bosley.

figuremaster_les
02-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Cool casting news.
Great to see Harvey in this one. Hope he's just Harvey in it too. Not a hint of a Two-Face or anything. There is always time for all that later. Would be nice to see him and Bruce being buddies for a movie. Then, bammo! Let the Two-Face rock! ALone too, I hope. No need for Riddlers this go round.

I like the Erica Durrance dream too. Very hot!

hairlesswookiee
02-12-2007, 03:57 AM
ok i just saw Hannibal Rising yesterday and after the first 10 minutes of the movie i kept thinking how Gaspard Ulliel (spelling??) would be the perfect match for a young Joker. his ear to ear grin and dark laugh would be incredible in the new batman movie!!!

pjam
03-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Maggie Gyllenhaal to replace Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117960782.html?categoryid=1236&cs=1

This may be a step backwards IMO. Maggie is a much better actress but she's too old and too "Olive Oil meets Diane Keaton" for my taste. I do like her but replacing one goofy faced actress for another seems pointless but that's just me.

But I do trust Chris, we'll see. :D

Batty
03-09-2007, 12:22 AM
This may be a step backwards IMO. Maggie is a much better actress but she's too old and too "Olive Oil meets Diane Keaton" for my taste, replacing one goofy faced actress for another seems pointless but that's just me. :D
That has to be one of the best descriptions I've ever read! :rotfl

I think Nolan is looking to place a real actress in the roll that won't be a distraction because of her looks. Or because of her insane boyfriend/husband.

Darklord Dave
03-09-2007, 01:02 AM
Maggie's a good actress and has a certain gravitas - you could believe that the troubled Bruce Wayne would go for her - something not really true with Katie. She's still cute though.

Memnoch
03-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Out of the entire cast, Im most interested in what is going to happen with Ledger as Joker. Eckhart is a fantastic choice for Dent and I like the idea of Maggie G. as Rachel.

JABBATHERIDGE
03-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Cool casting news.
Great to see Harvey in this one. Hope he's just Harvey in it too. Not a hint of a Two-Face or anything. There is always time for all that later. Would be nice to see him and Bruce being buddies for a movie. Then, bammo! Let the Two-Face rock! ALone too, I hope. No need for Riddlers this go round.

I like the Erica Durrance dream too. Very hot!

I've heard, although this is pure unconfirmed rumour, that in TDK Batman, Commissioner Gordon and Harvey Dent will unite to bring down the Joker and in the third film Joker will scar Dent and create Two Face, which will bring the trilogy to a close.

Might be a load of rubbish, but it sounds plausible to me and both Joker and Two Face are big enough villains to carry their own movie IMO.

I've actually met Erica Durance in person at a Stargate convention (she was there with her husband David Palffy who plays Anubis) and had my picture taken with her.

She's just as hot in real life gents:google:monkey5

King Darkness
03-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Cast this guy as The Joker!

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/337/pa2500778ya.jpg

But seriously, I'm looking forward the it. I think Ledger is a cool casting choice. I have faith.
Maybe in the Broadway version:D

pjam
03-09-2007, 10:09 AM
That has to be one of the best descriptions I've ever read! :rotfl

I think Nolan is looking to place a real actress in the roll that won't be a distraction because of her looks. Or because of her insane boyfriend/husband.

Thanks Batty, would you believe some people actually pay me for stuff like that? You don't have to. :lol Anyway, like I said Maggie is an excellent actress and I trust Chris, he's tested her of course... all I can think of is there must be heavier scenes to deal with and he's convinced she can hit the right notes, more important in the end I guess, no weak link in the cast now, this is gonna be fun...

Darth Caedus
03-09-2007, 11:21 AM
The only reason I don't like Ledger as playing the joker is that he is a carbon copy clone of my cousin. He looks just like him, and I don't like the idea of my cousin playing the joker.......don't even get me started on Brokeback Mountain.......................................... .................................................. .....................................

gdb
03-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Didn't Gyllenhaal and Ledger just do a movie together?:monkey3

Darth Caedus
03-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Didn't Gyllenhaal and Ledger just do a movie together?:monkey3

Did Gyllenhaal dress up like a cowboy?

gdb
03-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Did Gyllenhaal dress up like a cowboy?

That must be it. Heard it was a love story. Maybe a girl has to dress up like a cowboy to escape Indians...? Falls in love with a real cowboy...? Not sure. Never saw it. :monkey3

The Mike
04-20-2007, 09:36 AM
First leaked pic of Heath Ledger posted on slashfilm.com

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/heathjoker1.jpg

"Speculation has been running wild on what Heath Ledger will look like as The Joker, in Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins sequel, The Dark Knight. picktaker1975 caught the actor on set, and took a few photos from afar. Sure, you can’t see much but we do see some make-up and the neon green hair. Some people had speculated that Nolan’s Joker would be darker, with less colorful hair and make-up. But so far, that appears to be untrue. Too bad, I was actually hoping for a darker look. A couple more photos after the jump. As always, click to enlarge. The Dark Knight will hit theaters on July 18th 2008"

Memnoch
04-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Cool picture. I've heard that Joker will be scarred. It would be interesting if his "smile" were scars that extended the look of his mouth and scars near his eyes for the "diamond" look some clowns have. Then give him greyish, discolored skin and the green hair and you've got a creepy Joker.

Buttmunch
04-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Cool picture. I've heard that Joker will be scarred. It would be interesting if his "smile" were scars that extended the look of his mouth and scars near his eyes for the "diamond" look some clowns have. Then give him greyish, discolored skin and the green hair and you've got a creepy Joker.

I just saw Pan's Labyrinth the other day and when that Spanish Captain gets his mouth slit open that reminded so much of the Joker. I could definately see something like that. Heck, I could see Batman cutting one side of his mouth with a Batarang and the Joker liking it and cutting the otherside himself.

That pic isn't the greatest. Can't even tell if it is Heath or not. Nolan did BB great so I don't have any doubts about DK. Can't wait to see Two-Face for Batman 3 (well most likely anyway).

JABBATHERIDGE
04-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I hope Nolan plans to set Harvey Dent up in TDK and then give us the villain proper in the third film.

Two Face is one of my favourite characters but the Tommy Lee Jones portrayal in Batman Forever did him no justice at all.

There wasn't even much duality in his character, he was just portrayed as a thug right up until the end and Nolan could do a better job.

I think if that is a shot of Heath as the Joker, he'll look great and I'm confident this franchise will run for a while if the right people are behind it.

The Mike
04-20-2007, 12:26 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s107/pictaker1975/closeup2.jpg

Slightly better, I'm sure a clear one will be out soon.

rw23
04-21-2007, 07:24 AM
I have all the faith in world in CN, he will do TDK proud once again. Jabba I agree with you on Two-Face, he needs to be properly portrayed in the next film. Like you said the character has a duality to him and depth that can translate well in these films and it should provide a great story.

JABBATHERIDGE
04-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah making the first film about Batman, the second about Joker and the third about Two Face would work well IMO.

I kinda like the one major villain per movie idea that Sam Raimi used in the 1st and 2nd installements of the Spider-Man franchise.

Of course that's all gone to hell with number 3:lol

But 1 villain per movie allows that bad guy time to shine as a fully developed character, multi villains killed the original Bat franchise.

That and rubber bat nipples on the costume didn't help:D

JGouse0498
04-21-2007, 05:52 PM
From what I can see, I like it so far. The way the hair looks...for some reason I find myself reminded of genre vet Brad Dourif.

I hope the smile is the result of scarring because it would add a very real-world touch to the character. Something along the lines of the aftermath of the Carver attacks on the FX show "Nip/Tuck" would work here. The hair can always be explained as hair dye, and the white skin as actual theatrical paint the Joker has applied to himself. Considering the Joker is deeply psychotic, it would be very cool yet creepy to have the scarred smile inspire him to take on the full appearance of a clown.

pjam
04-21-2007, 07:32 PM
He doesn't look to have his make up on in that shot, just the hair, can't tell much of anything really.

Batty
04-21-2007, 07:34 PM
All I know is we better get a HT Joker when this comes out!

Memnoch
04-21-2007, 07:49 PM
If the Joker is going to be all scarred up.. just imagine Two Face getting hit with that acid. All I can say is that I hope WB sees how happy everyone is with Nolans take on Batman and doesn't do anything to try and change it should a new director come in after the third film.

JABBATHERIDGE
04-22-2007, 08:43 AM
All I know is we better get a HT Joker when this comes out!

I'm hoping for some kick ass 1/6 scale figures from Medicom, Takara and Hot Toys when this movie comes out.

There's a new batsuit so we should at least get the new style of Batman but hopefully we'll get a Joker figure as well.

PsychoCenobite
04-23-2007, 11:13 AM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9664/jokerledgerek4.th.jpg (http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jokerledgerek4.jpg)

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

twistedfreak
04-23-2007, 11:40 AM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9664/jokerledgerek4.th.jpg (http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jokerledgerek4.jpg)

That looks freaking sick to me. :rock
Would be nice to see him smiling though too. :D

darthviper107
04-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Hmm, that does look correct. Looks like a picture taken of a picture of a reference shot of color matching. He looks scary.

PsychoCenobite
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Looks a bit like an 'Ichi the Killer' style smile. I wonder if it opens up or just scaring?

The Mike
04-23-2007, 02:57 PM
All I get is the red "X" for the last picture....:monkey2 :monkey2

Is this the one?:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/jorundthedark/jokerledger1.jpg

If its true, looks really cool but is that five fingers and a thumb on the hand holding the color card?

MaulFan
04-23-2007, 03:03 PM
You can't top Jack as the Joker though, can't be done.

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/221965.1020.A.jpg

EVILFACE
04-23-2007, 05:47 PM
You can't top Jack as the Joker though, can't be done.

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/221965.1020.A.jpg

I wouldn't discount Ledger till we see what he does. The guy can act.

Jack looked good. But he was playing Jack and not The Joker.

dekadentdave
04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Ledger looks like Robert Smith from the Cure. I don't want no Brokeback Batman.

Darklord Dave
04-23-2007, 08:19 PM
If it does open up like Ichi that will be the creepiest Joker ever. I have faith in Nolan and the cast - can't wait for '08!

SSC_Nerd
04-23-2007, 08:35 PM
I never saw Ichi, but I did see Pan's Labyrinth. Yikes....

If those wounds do open up, it'll be disgusting looking, and I dunno if they can go that far for a PG-13.

Lembas Eater
04-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Turns out thats a fake.

I have to say, that wouldn't have been too bad of a way to go, if they were going for something realistic and the Ichi/Crow reminders may not have been a bad thing.

Oh well.I kinda liked it but we'll see what they come up with. And to be sure, the film will depend more on Ledger's acting than any makeup.

Can't wait to see the real thing!

Buttmunch
04-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Well, even if it is a fake, its a great idea. I sure hope they keep those slits on the sides of his mouth. When I saw Pan's, Joker was the first thing that came to my mind after seeing how much wider a smile/mouth could get when cut like that. It would make sense to see some scaring on the surface like that because those cuts would have to heal somehow eventually, but obviously not reconected.

My idea for the slit mouth would be for Batman to throw a Batarang at Joker very early in the film and cut him like that. Upon seeing the result, Joker being the sicko he his, does the other side himself. But I'm not sure how much detail they are able to get into a PG-13 film. The slit mouth souldn't be a problem though rating wise, but actually seeing it happen might.

Buttmunch
04-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey, I just did a google search for Joker images and found this awesome Jack bust!

http://www.chavant.com/gallery/gallery_se02.htm

http://www.chavant.com/new_site/images/joker1.jpg

JABBATHERIDGE
04-24-2007, 03:30 AM
I wasn't a big fan of Jack Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker, it was ok but not the greatest IMHO.

I think Ledger will do a good job and I hope they do go the route of the slit mouth for his smile, makes him that much more frightening.

To me the Joker should be a guy who'd be hillarious one minute and could scare the beejsus out of you the next.

The only actor I've known carry off an accurate portrayal of this was Mark Hamill, his Joker in BTAS was superb.

The Mike
04-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I never warmed up to Jack Nicholson's interpretation of the Joker....honestly there hasn't been a Joker yet that I've liked. For me the Joker was supposed to be so demented that his humor is only really funny to himself. Doing things that are considered morbid or downright sadisitic for him is comedy gold....show me a demented portrayal like that and I'd be happy.

Memnoch
04-24-2007, 10:18 AM
I think between Mike and Jabba, they describe the perfect Joker. Sadly that was not Jack. He played the Joker too light harted, almost camp.

pjam
04-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Gotham National Bank catches fire...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8ON3JR00&show_article=1

JABBATHERIDGE
04-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Sounds like the opening for one of the old Adam West episodes, "holy smokes Batman the Gotham National Bank is on fire".

"It must be the work of the Joker old chum":lol

pjam
04-25-2007, 12:13 PM
This is gonna be good... :cool:

:blackbat :blackbat :blackbat

King Darkness
04-25-2007, 09:21 PM
I never warmed up to Jack Nicholson's interpretation of the Joker....honestly there hasn't been a Joker yet that I've liked. For me the Joker was supposed to be so demented that his humor is only really funny to himself. Doing things that are considered morbid or downright sadisitic for him is comedy gold....show me a demented portrayal like that and I'd be happy.

I agree 100%. I want to see the Joker punch a little girl in the face, take her candy, then shot here dog, and laugh his ass off the whole time.

And like Memnoch said, Jack was great, but too capmy at times.

I truly hope they go super dark with this Joker!!

TOE
04-29-2007, 04:41 PM
who do u guys think will play as Harley Quinn ???

My guess;

Sarah Michelle Gellar :cool:

Buttmunch
04-30-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm not even sure she will be in it. And if she is, it doesn't mean she will have a big part. Perhaps more of a cameo. That said, I'm not sure who could play her. Katie Holmes? :lol

Batty
04-30-2007, 11:26 AM
I like Harley in the comics, but I hope she isn't in the movie. I just don't see Nolan doing a character with a costume like that. Now Schumacher on the other hand... :monkey4

Darklord Dave
04-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Dr. Harleen Quinzel was in Birds of Prey and played by the incomparable Mia Sara. She never wore a costume, just her psychologists duds. I'd love them to use her similarly in DK.

Batty
04-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Dr. Harleen Quinzel was in Birds of Prey and played by the incomparable Mia Sara. She never wore a costume, just her psychologists duds. I'd love them to use her similarly in DK.
Sure, but that's not what people expect when they think of Harley Quinn...

This is:

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8438/479pxharleyqlgvj8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/3792/btharley10jw4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

If they want to do Dr. Harleen Quinzel in the movie, that's fine.

JABBATHERIDGE
05-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Harley Quinn is one of my favourite characters from the animated series, but I doubt Nolan will use her in the new movie.

Maybe he'll make some kind of throwaway reference to her but I can't see it being anymore than that really.

She's a great character but I think she goes a bit against Nolan's vision for the movies, or at least in her current form.

The Mike
05-03-2007, 08:57 AM
I could see Nolan using Harley Quinn and maybe even in a similar costuming but he'd have to warp the character itself....I doubt the color scheme would be as light and it'd probably have Harley be less goofy and more sadistic. If you imagine that Harley decides to join up with the Joker and really allows to let loose and is just as demented and horrific as the Joker and that is his base attraction to her, her willingness to be as brutal as necessary to keep him happy, she might play off almost as impressive as him.

Imagine both stroll up to a mother and her young baby. Joker asks politely if she has had her shots this year. The mother replies "no" and Joker pulls out a gun and shoots her dead. Laughing manically his laughter is interrupted by the baby crying. Harley replies "Someone needs a spanking" and smiles at Joker while tightening her grip on a mallet that she has been twirling around and smashing the baby carriage (we don't see the baby but hear cooing noises and then sudden silence). She continues to smash until the mallet snaps and tired slumps back. The Joker is wailing, almost in tears, telling her his sides are about to burst and the camera zooms in on Harley smiling an approving smile that she made her "puddin'" happy.

It could work.

That said, I think Harley has a 1/1000 shot of making an actual visual appearance.

Buttmunch
05-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Imagine both stroll up to a mother and her young baby. Joker asks politely if she has had her shots this year. The mother replies "no" and Joker pulls out a gun and shoots her dead. Laughing manically his laughter is interrupted by the baby crying. Harley replies "Someone needs a spanking" and smiles at Joker while tightening her grip on a mallet that she has been twirling around and smashing the baby carriage (we don't see the baby but hear cooing noises and then sudden silence). She continues to smash until the mallet snaps and tired slumps back. The Joker is wailing, almost in tears, telling her his sides are about to burst and the camera zooms in on Harley smiling an approving smile that she made her "puddin'" happy.

Now THAT is some messed up crap! :lol I think smashing babies would be a bit too much to get away with for a PG-13 rating. It clearly demonstrates how sick they are though. :o

The Mike
05-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Well to make it PG-13 you just have Joker stop and say "brilliant! I can't wait to try it out on real people!" The camera pulls back and reveals that the whole thing was some demented skit by Joker and his henchman. Harley asks "Those weren't real bullets?" The Joker replies "Those were real bullets I can't wait to try it out with real babies!" He begins laughing hysterically and the camera shot changes to something else. Its a little watered down but people would get the idea. :D

DarkArtist81
05-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Well to make it PG-13 you just have Joker stop and say "brilliant! I can't wait to try it out on real people!" The camera pulls back and reveals that the whole thing was some demented skit by Joker and his henchman. Harley asks "Those weren't real bullets?" The Joker replies "Those were real bullets I can't wait to try it out with real babies!" He begins laughing hysterically and the camera shot changes to something else. Its a little watered down but people would get the idea. :D

That's awesome!!! Great ideas Mike... And I am glad we are both on the same sick and twisted page here. Joker and Harley need to be freakin MANIACS, just sadistic and evil as Hell... but still make you laugh uncomfortably. That's the Joker I want to see on screen. "The Killing Joke" kind of Joker.

dekadentdave
05-03-2007, 05:33 PM
I wish the studio had the balls to make an R-Rated Batman. I'm tired of the excuse that they can reach a broader audience if it is PG. What, Hollywood doesn't make R-Rated movies anymore because they don't make as much money? Aliens, Predator and Terminator are three of the most successful franchises of all time and were R-Rated. The kids who really want to see these are going to find a way. When I was a kid, my parents let me see any R-Rated movie I wanted. For parents that were less liberal with their kids, my friends always found a way to see it anyway. Most theaters don't care about carding because they just want to sell tickets. It's time to make a really dark and urban Batman in the vein of Miller's Year One. Begins was a failure for me because it was pandering to the James Bond kiddie crowd to sell more toys. I want an adult, psychological Dark Knight Detective Batman like Killing Joke or Arkham Asylum.

The Mike
05-03-2007, 10:18 PM
The funny thing about Batman is he is one of the few characters that could make an "R" rated film and still make millions of dollars. There aren't very many characters that can make this transition, you couldn't pull it off with Supes or Flash or GL but I think Bats could do it.

JABBATHERIDGE
05-04-2007, 09:46 AM
He's certainly "dark" enough that it wouldn't seem out of place for the character and they could really go for it with the Joker.

Buttmunch
05-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Ironically this is pretty close to how I think the Joker should look! :lol

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/placed/SSC07SUBJ560-12X.jpg

He would have an incredibly creepy smile.

JABBATHERIDGE
05-10-2007, 06:21 AM
Little more flesh maybe:D

Batty
05-19-2007, 10:30 PM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4154/tdklogolc7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6097/harveydentqs9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SSC_Nerd
05-19-2007, 11:09 PM
(bonk on the head)

I can't believe that I JUST remembered that "I believe in Harvey Dent" were the last words said in the "The Long Halloween" series. I doubt there's a connection, but it's still kinda interesting.

darthviper107
05-20-2007, 12:05 AM
What does Harvey Dent have to do with Batman?

Memnoch
05-20-2007, 12:12 AM

:confused: :confused: You are joking right?

Batty
05-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Ummm... :monkey1

Batty
05-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Hey, look at this (http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/)!

Batty
05-20-2007, 08:48 AM
That's one hell of a cut!

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4902/capturedata6788647nt1.png (http://imageshack.us)

Ktjn
05-20-2007, 09:30 AM
^^

this is pretty much the pic in all it's glory

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/yellows4/joker_TDK.jpg

The left cut goes near all the way up to his cheek.

Batty
05-20-2007, 09:43 AM
He looks great! He's going to make Nicholson's Joker look silly.

How were you able to get such a clear pic? Every time I tried to reenter a code, I got the "Trying to cheat a cheater" message.

darthviper107
05-20-2007, 09:55 AM
:confused: :confused: You are joking right?

No, I'm not kidding. I never read any comics and have only seen a couple of the movies.

JGouse0498
05-20-2007, 10:10 AM
No, I'm not kidding. I never read any comics and have only seen a couple of the movies.

Harvey Dent is the District Attorney who becomes scarred by acid on half of his face and becomes the villain Two-Face. This was the character played by Tommy Lee Jones in "Batman Forever"

JABBATHERIDGE
05-20-2007, 11:11 AM
I think in The Dark Knight there just gonna set the character up by having Harvey Dent appear as the district attorney.

I heard Two Face was gonna be saved for the third and final film and that he would be scarred by the Joker in that movie.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6396/heathjokerfpy9.jpg

JGouse0498
05-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Is that a legit poster???!!!

If so, DAMN!!!!! This is gonna rock!!!!!!!

King Darkness
05-20-2007, 04:38 PM
So are both of these images legit???

They look awesome, so I hope so!!!

Batty
05-20-2007, 04:42 PM
So are both of these images legit???

They look awesome, so I hope so!!!
The poster looks legit. The close-up pic is definitely legit. It comes from here: http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

That was put up by WB along with the teaser Bat symbol pic.

King Darkness
05-20-2007, 04:49 PM
The poster looks legit. The close-up pic is definitely legit. It comes from here: http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

That was put up by WB along with the teaser Bat symbol pic.

:rock:rock:rock:rock

I have high hopes for this film, so far so good!

Rockabilly
05-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I absolutely cannot wait for this movie, Batman Begins is without a doubt my favorite comic movie of all time and I'm hoping this one lives up to it.

SSC_Nerd
05-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Poster isn't real. I remember them making a similar poster a few months back, and it had the exact same background, and the Joker pic they used was just "The Man Who Laughs."

Edit: Here's the old one. You can see the same background.
http://www.ghostinthemachine.net/joker.jpg

Ven
05-20-2007, 05:00 PM
I absolutely cannot wait for this movie, Batman Begins is without a doubt my favorite comic movie of all time and I'm hoping this one lives up to it.

one thing I kinda disliked about batman begins.. was it wasn't comic enough for me..

Rockabilly
05-20-2007, 05:01 PM
I can see more of a Heath Ledger resemblance in the straight jacket poster than in that last one.

Rockabilly
05-20-2007, 05:02 PM
one thing I kinda disliked about batman begins.. was it wasn't comic enough for me..

I think that's what makes a great comic movie, making it more realistic. If it's too over the top and comic booky it just doesn't feel real (see Batman Forever and Batman and Robin).

Rob
05-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I haven't seen BB but after that last HeathJoker pic, I'm really looking forward to it! Let's hope WB doesn't go an screw it up beyond all recognition like the last of the first Batman series.

Ven
05-20-2007, 05:06 PM
I think that's what makes a great comic movie, making it more realistic. If it's too over the top and comic booky it just doesn't feel real (see Batman Forever and Batman and Robin).

I know.. I loved the realism in batman begins.. but I would have absolutely praised the movie if gotham was more snowy gothic.. that would have been the BEST batman movie ever.

nolan's directing + burton's imagery + Bale's batman = defintive batman movie. to me atleast.

Rob
05-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Meh, the only thing I don't like about Bale's Batman is the voice. From what little scenes I saw, it sounded like Bale had strep throat.:lol

King Darkness
05-20-2007, 05:09 PM
After a closer look, I dont think its legit.
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6396/heathjokerfpy9.jpg

If the pic with the scars on his face is legit than this one is not. If you look close there are no scars on the face in the poster.

Batty
05-20-2007, 05:46 PM
After a closer look, I dont think its legit.

If the pic with the scars on his face is legit than this one is not. If you look close there are no scars on the face in the poster.
I think you're right. I don't exactly like that pic anyways. Real or not.

Kookie
05-20-2007, 06:54 PM
On the left side of the photo are those his teeth that appear through his scar. If so, I can imagine a huge gaping mouth which reminds me of the Killing Joke comic.

Collector Freak
05-20-2007, 08:18 PM
http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/jokerrevealed.jpg

JGouse0498
05-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Granted, the answer is probably "No", but does anyone here think Warner Bros. will have the balls to produce a rated R Dark Knight film??

With the way the Joker is going to appear in this movie, I can't see how Nolan is going to pull off a PG-13. This just seems like it'll be too frightening and intense for that rating. Don't get me wrong: I'd be all for a psychotically dark R-rated Batman film.

I just wonder if Warner Bros. is willing to go down that road...

Giant Chicken
05-20-2007, 10:39 PM
The Joker looks SO FREAKING COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it!!!

Batty
05-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Granted, the answer is probably "No", but does anyone here think Warner Bros. will have the balls to produce a rated R Dark Knight film??

With the way the Joker is going to appear in this movie, I can't see how Nolan is going to pull off a PG-13. This just seems like it'll be too frightening and intense for that rating. Don't get me wrong: I'd be all for a psychotically dark R-rated Batman film.

I just wonder if Warner Bros. is willing to go down that road...
That would be great, and it certainly looks like Nolan is heading in that direction, but I doubt WB would do it for one reason - $$$$

They want to sell tickets and their little action figures to all the kids out there, and they can't do that with a R rating.

Rockabilly
05-21-2007, 01:28 AM
Meh, the only thing I don't like about Bale's Batman is the voice. From what little scenes I saw, it sounded like Bale had strep throat.:lol
At first I thought it was kinda stupid too, but when you think about it don't you know most of your friends or family members voices? If you're going to try and hide your identity it makes perfect sense to try and change you voice too. I had no problem with him sounding so much different while being Batman, it just made it that much more realistic to me.

JABBATHERIDGE
05-21-2007, 02:35 AM
I don't know if a PG13 rating would hold Nolan back from making the Joker into the truly frightening villain he's supposed to be. True they wouldn't be able to show blood and guts, but sometimes the most frightening and shocking moments can be done without blood and guts, just using suggestion can be enough.

Nolan is a smart director, as he proved with the first movie, so I think he'd find a way to put across the horror of the Joker, without resorting to loads of blood and guts.

Implication is sometimes cooler IMO:D

BTW the movie poster on the previous page of this thread that says "not all jokes are funny" is it an official poster or fan made?

JGouse0498
05-21-2007, 03:40 AM
I don't know if a PG13 rating would hold Nolan back from making the Joker into the truly frightening villain he's supposed to be. True they wouldn't be able to show blood and guts, but sometimes the most frightening and shocking moments can be done without blood and guts, just using suggestion can be enough.

Nolan is a smart director, as he proved with the first movie, so I think he'd find a way to put across the horror of the Joker, without resorting to loads of blood and guts.

Implication is sometimes cooler IMO:D

I wasn't even thinking about the movie having blood and guts. I'm thinking this will skirt dangerously close to an R rating just because of the implication and suggestion that Nolan will give to the Joker's scenes. The intensity alone may push it beyond the PG-13 realm. I wonder if Warner Bros. has considered and prepared for that possibility...

PosterBoyKelly
05-21-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but Ledger should NOT be the Joker, it looks dumb. I'm so ticked. I loved Batman Begins, but now they're taking the BEST VILLAIN EVER and making everything about him different. Some characters, changes are ok, even great, but the Joker and Batman are 2 you don't touch. Batman, PERFECT, love Bale, but the Joker looks crummy. That stupid scar, the "dark" feel. Whatever, Joker was loud, funny, annoying, everything the Bat isn't. I'm gonna see this, and I'll give it that chance, but I'm sure they're going to rape my fav. villain ever with this hack. I have hope for Dent though. I'm just upset with who they cast for my fav. villain, and I'm not one for "fanboy" syndrome where I make myself like something out of desperation just to see my fav. comics turned into movies. But I'm sure it'll be huge, and people will say "PBK you're dumb, Ledger will be a great Joker, mute point mute point mute point blah" and I'll wallow in my room watching the Animated series enjoying the way the Joker SHOULD have been portrayed.

JABBATHERIDGE
05-21-2007, 04:46 AM
I presume you're talking about Batman The Animated Series, rather than The Batman, when you're talking about the way Joker should be portrayed PBK:lol .

I think any actor would have a long way to go to compete with Mark Hammils rendition and I think I've mentioned it in this thread. Hammil could take the Joker from being hillariously funny to a threatening and menacing pyschotic in an instant.

I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight and I'm open minded to see what will happen with Ledger's portrayal of the Joker.

EVILFACE
05-21-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but Ledger should NOT be the Joker, it looks dumb.

So you have some inside information and pics of what Ledger looks like as the Joker?

Oh, you don't.

Ledger will own the character Nolan wrote.