Do you buy spare items for your figures??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolkollectibleskhai

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recently got into the DX series of figures and picked up the DX04, DX05, DX06, DX08, and DX09 figures. Since these are simply AWESOME figures, with some really nice material on the costumes/accessories, I decided to look into getting some spares.

So I have ended up getting:

DX04: Spare kung fu pants in case original sashes break, and spare stealth suit in case original suit is marked or teared.

DX05: Spare jacket. The jacket is a nice material, but seems quite delicate and I felt like I was stretching it when holding the arm tight to swap hands. So I figured I'd get a spare in case the original was damaged with me playing around with the figure. Didnt get a spare hat since the hat seems to be pretty solid.

DX06: Spare hat cos the hat seems to be a more delicate material than the DX05 hat. Seems to mark more easily, so just in case. Havent yet, but might also get spare jacket.

DX08: Spare trench coat in case the snap on the original breaks or the stitching comes apart.

DX09: Spare cape and utility belt. Wanted spare cape cos I play around with the pose a lot, and just in case the material is scratched or the wire is broken etc. Not sure why I got the belt, but hey :) Looking at getting a spare body, but I reckon that would be too expensive.

Has anyone else bought spares like me? Or am I being too OCD about it all?

I don't exactly buy "spare" parts, but I buy extras, for my Hot Toys Rambo figures.
I'm happy that the 1/6 scale weapons are also somewhat suitable for my Play Arts Kai figures in scale (not too awkward looking):

IMG_6800.JPG

Yeah, I figured I was being a bit too paranoid about it all :)

Buying extras for alternative display options is one thing, but if you:

a) attend to any out-of-the-box defects as soon as you receive the figure and
b) take due care of your figures

...then you shouldn't have to worry about picking up extras for the 'just in case' scenarios. This will get expensive if you do this with every figure. I know because I did exactly the same thing when I first got into 1/6 :wink1:

I don't exactly buy "spare" parts, but I buy extras, for my Hot Toys Rambo figures.
I'm happy that the 1/6 scale weapons are also somewhat suitable for my Play Arts Kai figures in scale (not too awkward looking):

IMG_6800.JPG

Oh man, what is the gun in his right hand???

I'll buy extra accessories for my figures to add to their arsenal but not "just in case" back ups. Though, I have considered buying a second r&b Spidey just in case something happened to mine.

Buying extras for alternative display options is one thing, but if you:

a) attend to any out-of-the-box defects as soon as you receive the figure and
b) take due care of your figures

...then you shouldn't have to worry about picking up extras for the 'just in case' scenarios. This will get expensive if you do this with every figure. I know because I did exactly the same thing when I first got into 1/6 :wink1:

Yeah, the "just in case" spares I've bought have already cost me about $100. Oh well. Live and learn. I do still think getting a spare Indy jacket was a good idea though. Got that for $25, so not too bad I guess.

I've thought about buying additional weapons and maybe the Subway Season 8 getup for my Enterbay Jack Bauer. Otherwise ... nope.

Most of the Batman figures are reasonably complete. Superman doesn't need anything. I guess I could get a few extra things for Indy.

SnakeDoc

Superman needs a rifle, to break it in half! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only extra I've ever purchased was a rifle for my Jack Bauer.

Wasn't a fan of the cheap gun Enterbay included in that Kit.

I've bought the following extras for my Deluxe Bruce Lee,

base body
( I didn't realise there was a set that came with one until after I'd ordered so I got an extra one off ebay. )

set of shorts
( I want to display the black stealth suit on the other body and I read a tip in a review that says that attire looks better with the shorts underneath as it helps hide some of the articulation. After reading how fiddly the kung fu pants can be to put back on correctly I thought I'd save myself the hassle and got an extra pair of shorts for £3.79. )

Back