• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Studio scale Star Wars Space Slug !! made by Cyberman and from original parts!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkno

Stormtrooper
Reaction score
I'm doing this to help a good and talented friend: Madrid Boba from RPF and also to help the fans here that might be interested in one of a kind and superb replica of a Studio scale Star Wars Space Slug !! made by Cyberman and from original parts!:

Madrid Boba said:
Hello all,

Recently I was lucky enough to buy the *original* slug puppet teeth castings, from the Empire Strikes Back.

Here is the link were you can read about it, and see some pictures Slug Puppet Teeth Casting

Now these gave me an idea which I'd hoped would interest some of you... Why not create a studio scale replica using the actual original teeth from the film and offer a few as kits?. The sculpting, molding and casting would be done by Phil aka Cyberman, who I have been chatting to on the phone about doing this and he's more than happy to do this project, with me. He of course is very well known by his work (Yoda, Luke, Darth Maul…etc) and he has a great reputation for accuracy and detail.

The idea is to make a solid kit, and it will include a base (asteroid cave/crater), the hollow urethine plastic Slug, and a small Millenium Falcon coming out of the mouth. This would not be a small item as the puppet itself would be around 79 cm long (data taken from the book The Star Wars Archives).

Below is an example of the Sideshow diorama... ours will be FAR bigger

2204_press01-001.jpg

Also the base would be a lot smaller than the one in this picture, and it would make an incredible display item.

Heres a close-up of the detail that would be put into this sculpture.

870711450582ab069deb.jpg

We still have many things to define, but the price of the kit could be around 300 British Pounds. Maybe, Cyberman could offer his services in order to trim, paint and finish the kit at an extra cost (still to be defined).

The key to this though is ff we have enough people, onboard, this will go ahead and once the interest list is closed, it will be necessary to make a contribution or deposit to this project in order for it to start , of 100 pounds (thats if we have 20 people signed up).

Please remember that it would be made around an ORIGINAL item, and this is the first time that a piece like this has ever been offered.

If you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks

Alfredo

If anyone is interested you can go to RPF (link above) or write here. :)

Back