WIP - Scissorhands - Head Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rorywan

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I decided today to start a new project. It's been a quite work day so I spent the last few hours modding a Sweeney Todd head sculpt into the beginnings of a Scissorhands. I have been thinking about doing this for quite a while, but today I decided I couldn't look at that awful HT sculpt anymore. I think it's going to work out quite well.

I've only spent about two hours so far, here's what i have done and some WIP pics..

1: Took the hair piece off Sweeney.
2: Removed Eyebrows & Side facial Hair (Tricky!)
3: Repainted Eyes/pupils and re-glossed them.
4: Repainted eye area, lips and begun to re texture facial skin. It's a complete re-paint basically, it subtle stages.
This is the trickiest due to the bizarre make-up they used in the movie.
5: Penciled in scar positions.

He's never going to look like "innocent" edward, it's not in the sculpt, so I'm going for that fierce look he had towards the end of the movie. Changing the tone of the expression has been difficult but it's getting there. Loads more to do, here are some WIP phone pics..

...and at least I can bin that horrible frankenhands sculpt now

..newest at the top.
IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0241.jpg
IMG_0228-1.jpg
IMG_0232-1.jpg

I was looking to do the same but I just couldn't get over the size difference. Thought about even doing a body transfer to make up for it.

What are your thoughts about it?

I think it looks pretty spot on to be honest Robbie, The neck is a little long, but the hair will help with that, It actually looks and feels like Scissorhands now for the first time. Painting the face has been very tricky, there should be layers of pinks, browns and chalky make-up on him. So whilst Todd is a good base, it needs a lot of work.

HT did a great job with everything but the sculpt, i always like the body. Here's a reminder for anyone who doesn't know what the HT version looks like...

IMG_0244.jpg

and now (WIP)...
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0242.jpg

Last edited:
When Xenoviper offered his head there was an issue with the neck being too long. I don't remember what the solution was (as I bought mine 2nd hand with the mod already done) but there was a way to shorten the neck (or use a different neck) and it made a huge difference i how the figure looked.

But from your image I'd say the head size is quite good.

..neck shortening not a problem. It's a separate piece on Scissorhands. I'm just happy the head size seems pretty much perfect.

Cool project, Rory! The neck mod to shorten the neck is simply prying it open, dremmeling out the grooves that separate the two rubber gasket things inside (letting them sit closer together), and gluing the casing back together. It lets the neck sit lower on the body.

Great idea Rory and I have not seen it attempted or discussed yet! It's looking really great.
Perhaps you could try and raise his scars a little but putting a little miliput, letting it dry and painting over it?

My plan is to use the heated tip of a scalpel. Then miliput over to raise them. Having a look at the actual make-up used in the movie, it's pretty bad actually! Doesn't hold up to HD scrutiny. And it changes completely from scene to scene.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, real hair 100%. I have a bag of jet black mohair ready.
I was going to completely remove the sculpted hair from Todd. But the more I look at it, the more I realize that, I can take it back a bit and add to it. It will require a little bit of trial and error.

:)

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Yeah, real hair 100%. I have a bag of jet black mohair ready.
I was going to completely remove the sculpted hair from Todd. But the more I look at it, the more I realize that, I can take it back a bit and add to it. It will require a little bit of trial and error.

:)

Aces man. Cant wait to see it.

Cool project, Rory! The neck mod to shorten the neck is simply prying it open, dremmeling out the grooves that separate the two rubber gasket things inside (letting them sit closer together), and gluing the casing back together. It lets the neck sit lower on the body.

That's what it was... great idea for however came up with it. Took the figure from looking awkward to spot-on :lecture

I miss having Edward, had to sell him because I couldn't live with that sculpt .. I hope hot toys continue with there Depp figures and release a 2.0 Edward with a sculpt like Rorys, and his civilian clothes.

Back